Hacking Still having Issues with SSBB and Backup Loader!!!

rican199

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii V3.2u, I have currently added NeoRames backup loader w/002 Fix I have both Pal and Ntsc DVD-9 versions on my PC have tried both versions with layer breaks and without succesful burns......I am also using verbatim dvd+r DL from singapore I have also tried with the IOS patcher forcing IOS 30!!!!! I keep getting the read error after playing the first match in adventure mode

What am I doing Wrong I now have 6 very expensive coasters in my living room......lol and would love to stop making coasters or I might have to open a business selling custom coasters!!!
huh.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rican199 said:
I have a Wii V3.2u, I have currently added NeoRames backup loader w/002 Fix I have both Pal and Ntsc DVD-9 versions on my PC have tried both versions with layer breaks and without succesful burns......I am also using verbatim dvd+r DL from singapore I have also tried with the IOS patcher forcing IOS 30!!!!! I keep getting the read error after playing the first match in adventure mode

What am I doing Wrong I now have 6 very expensive coasters in my living room......lol and would love to stop making coasters or I might have to open a business selling custom coasters!!!
huh.gif

I don't know where exactly the 2nd layer is accessed, but it could be that you found it. At first something general, if you use a softmod IOS Version patch to IOS249!, if you need to do it, but SSBB is not of the games which need it.

There are 2 possibilities why it isn't working:
1. You have burner coasters
2. You are using the rev7 cIOS instead of the rev6 cIOS which you need for dual layer games

rican199

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
rican199 said:

huh.gif

I don't know where exactly the 2nd layer is accessed, but it could be that you found it. At first something general, if you use a softmod IOS Version patch to IOS249!, if you need to do it, but SSBB is not of the games which need it.

There are 2 possibilities why it isn't working:
1. You have burner coasters
2. You are using the rev7 cIOS instead of the rev6 cIOS which you need for dual layer games

I believe it could be "2. You are using the rev7 cIOS instead of the rev6 cIOS which you need for dual layer games." So where can I get this and try this out before patching the ISO file??

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also won't get SSBB DVD9 Backup to work, even with a chip....

- I have rev7 installed as IOS249 and rev6 installed as 247
- Also I have patched SSBB.iso to use IOS247

It just don't work....
Maybe I'll just leave it.

scooochie4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
student.dcu.ie
XP
Country
You could try the DVD5 version. It works no problem, no big deal if you lose a few movies. In some cases (like mine) your wii lens is simply not up to the task of reading a dual layer disk.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Search in this forum for a beta(rev6) cIOS installer. You don't need to patch the .iso! Maybe you need the layer break, but that should be all.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I heard about layer break... But don't know how to make it or anything related to it.
Have a hint on layer break for me,plz ?

//EDIT:
I'm on wiikey2
I thought wiikey can handle DVD-R DL....
But I guess I'll try another copy with a layer break
(Open IMGBURN, select to write iso to DVD, select DVD9, click in TOOLS, SETTINGS->Write->Layer Break->User specified and type 2084960. Burn the DVD)

So, should I patch the ISO to use a different IOS or is it okay to leave it as it is?
I've rev6 at IOS247 and rev7 on IOS249

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiShizzza said:
I heard about layer break... But don't know how to make it or anything related to it.
Have a hint on layer break for me,plz ?

In imgburn under settings - write, you can specify the layer break manually.

rican199

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Madagasca said:
i'm using ssbb under gamma with the 002 fix - also it's the dvd5 version.

works like a charm!
wink.gif
Yeah but isn't it missing the movies in adventure mode?? I have looked everywhere here for cIOS rev6 with no luck can someone post a link to it??

rican199

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I downloaded this rar which says "cIOS read retry fix" from djTaz I believe....is this the same thing as cIOS rev.6

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rican199 said:
Ok so I downloaded this rar which says "cIOS read retry fix" from djTaz I believe....is this the same thing as cIOS rev.6

It's "rev6b", this one should do it, just keep in mind that it overwrites your rev7 cIOS at IOS249.

Madagasca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it does have the movies remapped so that it doesn't strain your wii lens.

however there are quite a few movies in the game anyways not that they're important for gameplay.

as the previous poster's mentioned. use verbatims - dvdr's. I ended up getting wiileet's dvd5 as i can't be bothered ripping my original version from dual layer.

rican199

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Madagasca said:
it does have the movies remapped so that it doesn't strain your wii lens.

however there are quite a few movies in the game anyways not that they're important for gameplay.

as the previous poster's mentioned. use verbatims - dvdr's. I ended up getting wiileet's dvd5 as i can't be bothered ripping my original version from dual layer.

You know this DVD-9 crap is getting to me......I am just gonna get the DVD-5 version as well do I have to burn to DVD DL anyways right.....do I have to set a layer break for this one also. I plan to get the wiileet as well.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I don't have the original IOS36 -if it exist-
blink.gif
Wiipower say its necessary for dual layers games, maybe that's because can't launch my Brawl original copy.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OriginalHamster said:
blink.gif
Wiipower say its necessary for dual layers games, maybe that's because can't launch my Brawl original copy.

The original IOS36 should be able to access dual layer games, doesn't it? What i say is: the rev7 dip can't access dual layer discs. WiiGator had the choice, rebooter or dual layer support...

spacerobot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also having trouble getting my wii to load a dvd9 backup. I have gamma installed with IOS249 (rev7 maybe?) whatever came with gamma. I installed an older CIOS rev6 to IOS247 and pointed softchip at it to use IOS247, still no luck. I have tried sony dvd +r DL, verbatim dvd +r DL, maxell dvd +r DL, and no luck.

Every time I put a disk in does read click, click, click, read click, click, click, then says disk error, disk cannot be read. Softchip says please insert a disk and won't even try to load it.

I have a DVD5 version that I play multiplayer with, but I would like the movies from adventure mode. For now though I give up.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii's are known for dual layer dvd issues. the original brawl release resulted in alot of wii's having to be repaired by nintendo. If you want to watch the movies check youtube or use the original. The DVD5 works without any problems and at this time is your only guaranteed way to play a backup of brawl. Even the softmod experts have had major headaches and issues trying to get a dual layer backup to work properly. Alternatively there were two versions out at one point, one being the emissary only with movies and the other being the rest. Sorry i can't give you any ideas to get it running on dual layer. But hopefully this is of some help, even if it results in your searching for the two versions and using two discs to have all the features.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
WiiPower said:
OriginalHamster said:
blink.gif

The original IOS36 should be able to access dual layer games, doesn't it? What i say is: the rev7 dip can't access dual layer discs. WiiGator had the choice, rebooter or dual layer support...

I don't know, I installed IOS36 rev6 and I can't boot up the game, I'm not an expert for that matter, I even didn't know if exist a Nintendo's IOS36 -.-U

Maybe I was installed IOS36, but then I patched it with the custom, then I delete I remember, since both IOS works on the same module I screw my original 36?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily