Hacking Stick with the M3 real or get something else?

nothingman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all, yep,I'm a bit of noob so feel free to judge me
wink.gif

I have an M3 real card and recently bought an old style DS, i had one before but it died...i decided to get an Xbox 360 instead of replacing it, until now
smile.gif

I use to know all about this stuff (seemed simpler 2 years ago) but its been years since i used a DS and my M3, I've added the System V4.9a X firmware to my flashcard and its seemed to play every games so far, had an issue with Ghost Tricks but a patched rom fixed that, however i can't seem to get Prof Layton: Lost Future to work

I'm addicted to these games and recently ploughed through Curious Village and Pandoras box in 2 days.

I'm aware a search may have helped me with an answer but there are so many different flashcards and firmware/booting softwares around now that I'm a bit lost, what i really need is some simple, up to date advice..something that even a dumb monkey could understand
smile.gif

So basically what i need to know is.....
1) Is the M3 Real too old now?
2) Whats the best firmware to use with it?
3) Can i transfer my existing saves to an SD card with a different firmware?
4) Who discovered you can get milk from a Cow and what were they doing when they discovered it ?
biggrin.gif

Any advice would be great and I'll add you all to my Xmas card list
wink.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
nothingman said:
So basically what i need to know is.....
1) Is the M3 Real too old now? Yes
2) Whats the best firmware to use with it? YSM3.
3) Can i transfer my existing saves to an SD card with a different firmware? Yed
4) Who discovered you can get milk from a Cow and what were they doing when they discovered it ?
biggrin.gif
Idk

Any advice would be great and I'll add you all to my Xmas card list
wink.gif
Buy an Acekard 2i.
Ditch the zero and get a hero

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It pretty easy to see that there are alternative firmwares available for the m3 real that are updated frequently.

You can keep you m3 real running and up to date with YSM3, WOODYS, or DSCOVERY. All of which use the game loading engine for YSMENU and all can be downloaded in the Alternative Firmwares for M3 topic located here: http://gbatemp.net/t268715-alternative-firmwares-for-m3

There are instructions there that tell you how to install those firmwares and with that you should be able to run all of the latest games without going out buying a new card.

nothingman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im trying Wood 1.25b and so far it seems pretty good,I haven't had any game issues...but is ysm3 better and how so?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The M3Real was good to me for years,
but just as soon as I could I replaced it with a Supercard DSTWO.
And never once have I wished to go back.

aragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still sticking to my old M3Real. Using YSM3 for the newer titles and Sakura for the rest. Everything I want to do with it works, so no need for me to change.
YMMV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1