Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
apple-wwdc-2010-237-rm-eng-1275979543.jpg
QUOTE said:
That's all we know for now, folks. Apple's CEO is taking a medical leave from work, his second in as many years, with Tim Cook filling his role during that time. In an email to the Apple team, Steve Jobs says he'll be on leave to "focus on [his] health," though he will retain the position of CEO and will remain involved in the major strategic decisions -- Tim Cook will be picking up the slack on day-to-day operations. No further details have been provided, save for Steve expressing his love for Apple and wish to return to his duties as soon as he can. See his email missive in full after the break.
Source with e-mail

After this piece of news, the market share of Apple dropped by 7% in total, at the end of the day at the Frankfurt Exchange. Wall Street and all the other exchanges in the US were closed because of Martin Luther King day.
Source (Dutch)

rikuumi

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:
QUOTE said:
That's all we know for now, folks. Apple's CEO is taking a medical leave from work, his second in as many years, with Tim Cook filling his role during that time. In an email to the Apple team, Steve Jobs says he'll be on leave to "focus on [his] health," though he will retain the position of CEO and will remain involved in the major strategic decisions -- Tim Cook will be picking up the slack on day-to-day operations. No further details have been provided, save for Steve expressing his love for Apple and wish to return to his duties as soon as he can. See his email missive in full after the break.
Source with E-Mail

After this piece of news, the share of apple dropped 4.5%. Jobs was blamed for this before when he got a donor liver. People say he needs to be more open about his health, because then the market share wouldn't drop this badly. Jobs, however, says that it's a private matter, and that nobody needs to know about this.
Source (Dutch)

I hope he gets well soon.
hope we won't got well anytime soon and apple falls and microsoft takes over.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
scrtmstr said:
People say he needs to be more open about his health, because then the market share wouldn't drop this badly. Jobs, however, says that it's a private matter, and that nobody needs to know about this.

I agree with Jobs on this one. I mean it's not as if only he could do the job of saying "make it shiny but with a serious lack of features".

The last thing him and his family need would be constant speculations from fanboys and haters over the slightest bit of news over his health. I obviously don't think much of his businesses or his decisions relating to them but I don't know the man and he may be nice in person.

Good luck fella.

D

Deleted_171835

As usual, Apple stock prices fall.
Steve Jobs should reveal some more information on his health condition. It's not good to have people guessing as to what his latest health problem is.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkmystery said:
Bad. Karma. Damn expensive apples.

Now, seriously: I hope he get's well soon. He had a liver transfer too a while ago, the man has got some issues..
Who cares about issues when you have MONEY??? *sarcasm*

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow. People are dicks. From the sounds of things, he has some serious medical issues right now, and all people do is bitch about how Apple products are overpriced. Guess what? You aren't obligated to buy them. You're CHOOSING to overpay. Now stop whining.

I wish him luck and a speedy recovery. Cancer is scary stuff.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NiGHtS said:
rikuumi said:

wtf? Let's hope you die in your sleep
rolleyes.gif

What did the man ever do to you?
He's brainwashing millions of people into buying overpriced crap.
He is Apples propagandaminister.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M[u said:
ddy]
NiGHtS said:
rikuumi said:

rolleyes.gif

And people are dumb enough to buy his stuff.. not his fault for people being dumb. Its called capatalism
smile.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
M[u said:
ddy]
NiGHtS said:
rikuumi said:

rolleyes.gif

That I do kind of agree with. M$ is pretty low with overpriced OS, whereas apple is even worse with a forced hardware that you HAVE to use and costs 2 to 3 times the original one. Just look at the apple cinema display, it is an over $1000 27 inch monitor.

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
M[u said:
ddy]
NiGHtS said:
rikuumi said:

rolleyes.gif

That I do kind of agree with. M$ is pretty low with overpriced OS, whereas apple is even worse with a forced hardware that you HAVE to use and costs 2 to 3 times the original one. Just look at the apple cinema display, it is an over $1000 27 inch monitor.

This is about Jobs medical condition, not about Apple's stuff is overpriced!
angry.gif

scrtmstr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
okay, My first post just vanished when I edited it, and now it can't be edited back :S
I'll just put the news in here, and then a mod can hopefully put it back in the first post
QUOTE said:
Source with e-mail

After this piece of news, the market share of Apple dropped by 7% in total, at the end of the day at the Frankfurt Exchange. Wall Street and all the other exchanges in the US were closed because of Martin Luther King day.
Source (Dutch)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: