Steam Deck - January Update

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Happy New Year! The team is back from the holiday and firing on all cylinders - we’ve got a few updates for you today.

First and foremost, we’re on track to ship Steam Deck on time. Global pandemic, supply issues, and shipping issues notwithstanding, it looks like we'll be able to start getting these out the door by the end of February. You can view your estimated reservation availability window here, in case you've forgotten.

In parallel, work and testing for the Steam Deck Verified program has been underway. You’ll soon be able to see Deck Verified status for a growing set of Steam games. We’re checking four major categories: input, seamlessness, display, and system support. You can learn more about the program here.

It’s also important that we give developers the ability to test their games in order to get that nice green Verified check, so we’ve been sending developer kits out in quantity. We've been approving another wave of dev kits, and hundreds have been shipped out in the last month (and we're continuing to approve and send out even more). Thanks for your patience devs!

But what good are words when we have photos? Our production build is ramping up, and we have some of the first units in-house to test and evaluate (they're looking great).

:arrow: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1675180/view/3122683923029138792

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Very cool, I'm guessing the Deck will be in some peoples' hands by late February/early March then, with plenty of online content to follow. My order was probably at the back of Q1 before the delay since I didn't get to place it until 29 minutes after reservations started, so I'd assume it's at the back of Q2 now.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine was around the 12 minute mark but I'm still Q2 somehow. I'm selfishly hoping a fair few people don't actually go through with their order so I can get bumped up to late March/early April.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was at the 5 minute mark, mine got pushed to Q1. I really hope ill get it by early March. I kept getting errors but somehow my reservation went through. I hope everyone gets theirs soon :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: