Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
Ugh. I hate Steam right now. Just bought Dawn Of War 2 (the actual disk) and the damn thing runs slower than the hamster powering my little brother's brain. And that hamster's damn near dead. Obesity caused by lack of exercise. On the verge of a heart attack. The intro works fine, but then as soon as gameplay starts it slows down so much I keep thinking the whole game must play out in Bullet Time or something. Stupid PC games. Gimme my Super Nintendo over all this technical bollocks any day.

How is that Steam's fault?

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
Ugh. I hate Steam right now. Just bought Dawn Of War 2 (the actual disk) and the damn thing runs slower than the hamster powering my little brother's brain. And that hamster's damn near dead. Obesity caused by lack of exercise. On the verge of a heart attack. The intro works fine, but then as soon as gameplay starts it slows down so much I keep thinking the whole game must play out in Bullet Time or something. Stupid PC games. Gimme my Super Nintendo over all this technical bollocks any day.

I suggest you check you system is upto running the game on Can I Run It

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Mother cock. I didn't see Beyond Good & Evil there.. only did a quick check and left sad (with a moth fluttering out of my e-wallet). Hmm... might have to snag that one. I've never played it and have heard its Amazing.
It is so far! I also want to pick up Psychonauts since they look really similar.

About to get:
Defense Grid
Far Cry
Torchlight
Braid

TOTAL: 19.96

Torchlight looks awesome!

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh, still no spawm back from support... yep, checked my junk folder...

Maybe I'll buy some more games...

Just checked meh games tab, and it's there. Yay!

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Got Defense Grid, Freedom Force, Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich, Trine, Braid, STALKER and GTA IV so far.
I am tempted to get Torchlight at some stage.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Aww man id Super Pack and L4D2 both on sale! You're killing me here Valve! I'm glad I didn't get either before, although this makes me a bit worried that I'm gonna buy a game and then it'll become the spotlight deal the next day.

Hmm it seems like the today only! deals don't mean too much:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/12210/ - GTA 4 still $7.50
http://store.steampowered.com/app/4500/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. still $2

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
During the whole sale I've bought:
Defense Grid
Torchlight
Audiosurf
GTA4
Beyond Good & Evil
Braid
Foreign Legion Buckets of Blood

TOTAL: $31.34
AWESOME!
Installing Torchlight, Defense Grid is awesome (I love Tower Defense games), BG&E is awesome of course, and FL:BOB is kinda, just down't like the third person perspective.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
WildWon said:
Holy balls. Some AMAZING deals running around there. This sucks HARD that i have zero extra cash right now. Even for some of the Under $5 games... *grumble grumble*
Same
frown.gif

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I already *ahem* acquired GTA IV a while back, can I use those files instead of having to redownload everything from Steam? I hope so, 15GB is batshit crazy!

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
I already *ahem* acquired GTA IV a while back, can I use those files instead of having to redownload everything from Steam? I hope so, 15GB is batshit crazy!
Nope, Steam games are in "Game Cache Files" aka GCF files. his means that the files are all in a few huge files so you need to redownload through steam.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
myuusmeow said:
Nope, Steam games are in "Game Cache Files" aka GCF files. his means that the files are all in a few huge files so you need to redownload through steam.
I thought that but I let it download GTA IV a little, and I saw it had the same file structure as the normal GTA IV did, so I copied it into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common and my download completion shot up 90%.

I guess only Valve games use the GCF system?

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
juggernaut911 said:
myuusmeow said:
I thought that but I let it download GTA IV a little, and I saw it had the same file structure as the normal GTA IV did, so I copied it into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common and my download completion shot up 90%.

I guess only Valve games use the GCF system?
Mostly Valve games use GCF, though some that aren't Valve still use them, such as Codename Gordon.

everythign else, meaning the stuff in the common folder, are NCF files.
more games use NCF then GCF, and for some reason Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 use NCF.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bought Splinter Cell Double Agent (found out it was on sale on Steam right after I beat Chaos Theory days ago) for $4.99, And Battlefield 2 Complete Collection for $7.49.

If anyone wants to play add me on Steam I'm Cablephish, same as here
smile.gif

EDIT: Also, I kept on searching for GTA IV, but I couldn't find it. I'm currently vacationing in Brazil right now, does the region matter?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cablephish said:
EDIT: Also, I kept on searching for GTA IV, but I couldn't find it. I'm currently vacationing in Brazil right now, does the region matter?

Yes it does. To my knowledge Steam has region locks on some games if you try to purchase them. They also in some cases only allow you to play a game in a certain region. So if you bought it in one place and then moved, it wouldn't work.

This was the case a year or two ago anyway. I've only started using Steam again recently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.