Steam Database Shows Halo 3, Dyad, Fez, and more

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Feb 4, 2013.

Feb 4, 2013
  1. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    If you want to peak into the future of Steam releases, there's a handy tool that allows users to see what games are registered on the service. It's almost become tradition for users to out the presence of high profile games before they're even announced.

I'm happy to say that the tradition lives on, and some of the games that appear to be heading to the service are... surprising, to say the least.
    [​IMG] Game Chup

So yeah, there's definitely some surprises here. It seems that Fez will be making the leap to PC after all - ditto with Dyad. The casual strain continues its relentless assault on the PC Gaming Master Race with ports of Cut the Rope and Angry Birds Space/Seasons. Hell, it looks like Second Life should have, well, a second life now that it's making the leap to Steam.

However, the list also seems to reveal that Halo 3 will be added as well. This may be a mistake or an error, so don't get steamed up just yet, but if true, this would mark the title's leap from 360 exclusive to PC-floozy. Halo CE and Halo 2 are also on the list, presumably acting as peace offerings.

To preempt the surefire Flood of optimism about this kina-sorta-not really news, remember that if this is actually correct, these titles would probably have some sort of Games For Windows Live connection. Basically, you should have something of a Grave-mind about this either way.

Before you get your hopes up, though, remember that if this list is correct, these titles will probably have some Games for Windows Live-related shenanigans. Basically, brace yourselves for disappointment either way.*

Anyway, now we just have to play the waiting game. I'm hoping I'll have enough time to scrounge up some money for Fast and Furious 6, sure to be GOTY 2013 hands down.

*I'm not much of a fan, so I'm sorry for the poor quality puns. It's my Ha-low point.

Arras and TehSkull like this.

2. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I love GFWL. Haven't had any problems at all. I'll be glad if it does come with them if these titles are released.

Also, YAY! QUANTUM CONUNDRUM 2!

triassic911 likes this.
  3. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    I don't see why Microsoft would hand them over Halo games right before the release of the fabled Steambox - that's shooting the XBox 360/720 in the foot big time.

Then again, Combat Evolved did see a PC release, so did Halo 2, so that's "acceptable". I see Halo 3 as a "Games for Windows" title though.

4. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    That REALLLLY should be included in the title. Almost everyone (customers and critics alike) agree that the first one was a much better better game than Fez or Dyad. Yet Fez and Dyad made it into the title. D:

Also, surprised to see Second Life. I've been in there for 5 years now. Wonder what it going to steam will do to the newbie help centers.... Hmm.....

5. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    My brother will be happy to hear Fez is coming. He's disabled and, despite loving the concept and look of the game, unable to hold an Xbox controller. We've given him a custom joypad for controlling his computer, however, and can make due with that just fine. Now, it looks like he can make do with Fez as well.

You try Batman: Arkham City on the PC yet? My friend played it on his PS3, and when we built him his gaming PC he went out and purchased it on Steam to see the improvements. It took him at least half an hour to fill out all the forums just to start--let alone having to enter your login information every time you start the game.

We don't love GFWL when it gets in the way of gaming.

Count Duckula likes this.
  6. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    Not to mention Fez was already confirmed to be coming to PC.

You guys have bad luck or something then. I just used my old Xbox login and it logs me in automatically. Same with Arkham City and BioShock 2. No problems at all.

triassic911 likes this.
  7. nukeboy95

Member nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

United States
    [​IMG]
    xbox only my ass

8. Xuphor

United States
    Dude, it got released on PC already many many years ago, before Steam existed I think.

EDIT: Damnit, I was really close. Steam came out September 12th, 2003. Halo PC came out September 30th, 2003, 18 days later.
    Point is, it's been out on PC for a long time now.

Celice likes this.
  9. nukeboy95

Member nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

United States
  10. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    quantum conundrum wasn't even that great, maybe they will fix all the stuff in the second one

triassic911 likes this.
  11. Chary

Reporter Chary GBAtemp's #1 Naoto

pip
    United States
    Well. That's unexpected. Xbox is mutiplatforming one of it's biggest IP's? Why? Now people don't have to HAVE an Xbox product if they want their Halo. Won't this effect console sales for MS?

12. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    Seeing as halo 3 has been available on the Xbox for about 5 years I think it is safe to say most who wanted it on the 360 probably bought it.

13. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    Halo CE and Halo 2 were already on PC.

14. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    I am unsurprised to see Half-Life 3 missing from this list.

15. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    Why the hell would it be? There will never be a Half-Life 3. Clearly they wanted to end it at Episode 2 so everybody can make their own story up with fanfiction.

16. Xuphor

United States
    I'd rather have a Portal 3 personally. Unfortunatly, it probably will have the same fate as Half-Life 3, Nonexistant. This is one reason I'm very glad Quantum Conundrum 2 is on the list.

17. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    If this is correct, then we will have Halo 3 on PC!! Can't wait to grab those achievements!

I think Half-Life 3 and Portal 3 will be the same game. The rivaling companies of Aperture Science and Black Mesa will duke it out! :P

18. Flame

Member Flame Me > You

steam is the best thing since sliced bread. FACT.

19. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Halo 3 on the PC? Good... In the words of Duke Nuke'm "It's about damn time!"

Reminds me of a funny comic...

[​IMG]

20. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    Sliced Bread is the best thing since the SNES. FACT.

Ron likes this.