Hacking Staying safe from firmware updates?

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
I just bought a Sky3DS and it works fine. I realise it will still work with todays 9.5 update, but it got me thinking - what's the best way to prevent future firmware updates? It it best to simply turn WiFi off (but thereby not being able to play online/do game updates)?

Or is it safe to carry on as normal, since the 3DS will not automatically update without prompting me first?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The safest is blocking everything in your router, but I imagine that would block proper eShop etc as well. Next best thing is deleting all wifi settings and turning off wifi, but again, no online that way. However, since updates will prompt you twice (one A to accept B to decline thing that can relatively easily accidentally be accepted) and a second time with an EULA where you need to tap either "accept" or "decline" at the bottom of the touch screen, it's quite hard to accidentally update. The biggest risk is if someone who doesn't know this gets a hold of your 3DS, sees the update message and is like "sure why not".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.