OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
For a while I have a couple of cool Nintendo 64 Roms on my HDD. After a big search on google and some Wii boards I couldn't find a really good emulator that works on the Wii (well, GameCube software). I've download a pre-made ISO that works fine but this one doesn't have nice roms.

So I was wondering, whats the status on N64 emulator on the Wii? Seems that there aren't really good emulators since alot of games don't work. I can't test this for myself cause I don't know what to do and what emulator to use. So maybe somebody could help me with what steps I have to take (of a link with explanation).
rolleyes.gif

And is it true that Golden Eye doesn't work with any of the emulators?
blink.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess the technically best (but not the easiest) way would to crack the vc. Then we can use the wii's own emulator for n64.
that's just my guess, i have no idea what homebrew developers may acutally be working on

monnick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hacking Nintendo's Virtual Console sounds like a very hard job to me. Guess that is not possible for a couple of months/years or maybe it won't ever be possible.
frown.gif

And how about a good GameCube emulator, since Wii doesn't really support homebrew yet?

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
monnick said:
Hacking Nintendo's Virtual Console sounds like a very hard job to me. Guess that is not possible for a couple of months/years or maybe it won't ever be possible.
frown.gif

And how about a good GameCube emulator, since Wii doesn't really support homebrew yet?
the guy who developed one of the is extraction tools already managed to extract the vc roms from the ssbb disc and launch them with an emulator on pc.
i think it could be possible to replace the roms on the disc with other ones.

monnick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kedest said:
well there is a gc-mode n64 emulator, ripped from the ocarina of time bonus disc.
but its compatilbity is not that great.
But is it worth trying this emulator? I have like 300 ROMS (.z64 files), but how many of them will actually work? If 50% won't work it seems pretty useless to me.
unsure.gif

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
monnick said:
kedest said:
well there is a gc-mode n64 emulator, ripped from the ocarina of time bonus disc.
but its compatilbity is not that great.
But is it worth trying this emulator? I have like 300 ROMS (.z64 files), but how many of them will actually work? If 50% won't work it seems pretty useless to me.
unsure.gif
it has the same compatibility like the pre made iso you downloaded.

monnick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
And I guess that one works with the Zelda-emulator. I found this topic on Max-Console: http://forums.maxconsole.net/archive/index.php/t-55034.html. But unfortunately only like 15 games work (why is that, and why these 15?).
dry.gif

Is there really no other way to play these 300+ Roms on my Wii? With NES/SNES games it works just fine.
smile.gif

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it´s because this emulator was specifically made for the zelda bonus disc.
so it only supports the n64 zelda games and a view other games which run with similiar engines or something like that.
just wait a while until the wii homebrew scene developes, i think there will be a n64 emulator in the near future with better compatibility.
but imo a hacked vc channel will be released much sooner.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have been able to rip VC roms for quite a while now.
http://www.tehskeen.com/modules.php?name=N...p;threadid=6322

As for emulation
VC: what is there is there.

Nintendo roms. Some 64 Zelda titles and such were emulated on the GC. These work OK and you can also inject a few roms into the emulator (at the cost of saving and such). There are even some collections around somewhere.

mupen64gc. Early port of mupen64. Do not expect that much when it comes to playing games.
http://code.google.com/p/mupen64gc/

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

leocamilo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, no n64 emulator channel yet?? I'm really looking forward to playing goldeneye and mario party 2 in my wii with my friends. Does anyone know if these two games are playable already??

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
just use the INJECTUWAD program found on the wii hacking section and inject roms into a .wad of SIN AND PUNISHMENT. easy

leocamilo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thax said:
just use the INJECTUWAD program found on the wii hacking section and inject roms into a .wad of SIN AND PUNISHMENT. easy

I don't think so. On wiki it says that injecting both Mario Party 2 and goldeneye in Sin and Punishment resulted on a failure. I was asking if someone had managed to do it another way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong