Hacking Start 3DS after Nintendo system update with a 128GB microSD card

LombardoMilaneseGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello to everybody,

I'm looking for help to understand why after a Nintendo system update the microSD is no more visible to the console.
At first I had the classical problem "Failed to apply Firm patch", and I put the new luma boot.firm file in the microSD root directory.
It didn't work and after a while I discovered that GodMode9 couldn't see anymore the microSD card, so probably the 3ds was booting CTRNAND (with the old boot.firm file and that's why it was not working).
I tried to use an old 4GB microSD card that I used to hack the 3DS months ago and, after updating the boot.firm file, finally it works.
Unfortunately I have all my games and saves in the large microSD card. Could you help me to understand how I could use it again, possibly without losing data?
Thank you in advance for your help.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello to everybody,

I'm looking for help to understand why after a Nintendo system update the microSD is no more visible to the console.
At first I had the classical problem "Failed to apply Firm patch", and I put the new luma boot.firm file in the microSD root directory.
It didn't work and after a while I discovered that GodMode9 couldn't see anymore the microSD card, so probably the 3ds was booting CTRNAND (with the old boot.firm file and that's why it was not working).
I tried to use an old 4GB microSD card that I used to hack the 3DS months ago and, after updating the boot.firm file, finally it works.
Unfortunately I have all my games and saves in the large microSD card. Could you help me to understand how I could use it again, possibly without losing data?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Follow these steps:
  1. Copy all the data off the microSD to a folder on your PC
  2. Download Guiformat and use it to format the microSD card with 32kb cluster size
  3. Use h2testw to test if the microSD card is not fake and to test for any errors
  4. Once it's done, delete the test files from the microSD
  5. Copy everything back onto the microSD, and put it back in the 3DS, and see if the issue has been solved

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill