Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
slap them silly man, its your turn!

QUOTEhumm... "silly man"... Do you mean me ??? I've never been called that before LOL !!!
tongue.gif
No i was saying slap them silly, as they're on the wii and its your turn haha

falcomainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once i rename the dol file to boot.dol where do i place this, do i put it in the apps in a separate folder, or in the directory of my sd card, but i already have a boot.dol to boot homebrew up, this is confusing, wiibrew dont explain nowt, anyone know

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
falcomainer said:
once i rename the dol file to boot.dol where do i place this, do i put it in the apps in a separate folder, or in the directory of my sd card, but i already have a boot.dol to boot homebrew up, this is confusing, wiibrew dont explain nowt, anyone know
If your are attempting to launch it through the Homebrew Channel you should have an apps directory in the root of your SD card. Within the directory name a subdirectory Starfall and then put the boot.dol in there.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How does the recovery option work on starfall ?
Do I need to insert a game disc with any update or does the update need to be higher than the one installed ?
I guess using recovery disc by bushing is out of the question on non chipped wii's right ?

Edit: I just extacted both wads (ios and sm) from bushing recovery disc and noticed the ios is ios30. I've read a few posts back ios36 was mentioned. Is ios30 the one to use to get from 3.1 to 3.2 ?

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
I would like to install starfall, but i have system Menu 3.1 and i understand it can only be installed under 3.2.
Is that correct?
If so, which is the best way for me to update (which, believe it or not, i have never needed to do until now) ?

no you need to be on 3.2, use a disc with 3.2 update on it, mario kart i believe has 3.2 and few others..just update with that or use any region changer application
smile.gif

you can also use waninkoko's downgrader or any region changer to instal 3.2 instead updating by gamediscs

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
I would like to install starfall, but i have system Menu 3.1 and i understand it can only be installed under 3.2.
Is that correct?
If so, which is the best way for me to update (which, believe it or not, i have never needed to do until now) ?

no you need to be on 3.2, use a disc with 3.2 update on it, mario kart i believe has 3.2 and few others..just update with that or use any region changer application
smile.gif

you can also use waninkoko's downgrader or any region changer to instal 3.2 instead updating by gamediscs
I have a problem with Starfall. I downgraded to firmware 3.3U, and I open Starfall and it takes me to the main screen and says to press B+2 to continue. Nothing happens when I do this or press any combination of buttons. The only button that works is home, which takes me back to the homebrew channel. What's going on?

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
While we are on the subject of starfall.. How many of you guys have down-graded to it? And it it worth it?

Darknesss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres my experience with starfall.

It was sorta a pain downgrading to 3.2u, but installing Starfall was easy. The main reason I wanted starfall was for the recovery menu +autoboot feature.

Basically, I play a lot of Brawl, and I don't like having to get out a Wiimote just to start the game. I simply stick in brawl, turn the system on while holding Y on the 1st gc controller, and Brawl boots.

This also lets me have more freedom with testing out wad banners. I can install a WAD, become banner bricked, then autoboot zelda, use tphack to run wad manager, and uninstall the broken wad.

Thats something that is worth the trouble.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darknesss said:

It was sorta a pain downgrading to 3.2u, but installing Starfall was easy. The main reason I wanted starfall was for the recovery menu +autoboot feature.

Basically, I play a lot of Brawl, and I don't like having to get out a Wiimote just to start the game. I simply stick in brawl, turn the system on while holding Y on the 1st gc controller, and Brawl boots.

This also lets me have more freedom with testing out wad banners. I can install a WAD, become banner bricked, then autoboot zelda, use tphack to run wad manager, and uninstall the broken wad.

Darkness, I'm glad you know your stuff.

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Darknesss said:

Thank for that reply Darkness
rolleyes.gif

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Darknesss said:

Well Zelda TP booting when you hold down Y is great to know.

Do you have a modchip installed though?

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just booted starfall v0.5 from wiibrew and installed Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller all went well glad to say now if i boot up wii with Y button held i just get a 3.2E in the bottom right hand side of screen why would this be so important and is my wii now unbrickable in hineside?what can i do with Y button held? can i boot backups? i use Gamma so a little confused why this starfall is making a big scene and it was released back in August. hi noobwarrior

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
is my wii now unbrickable in hineside?
lol, get rid of your twilight hack save, and then give yourself a banner brick, i'm afraid your dead meat., no starfall doesn't make you brick proof, it HELPS ALLOT though, remember always keep your TP Save, and t be even more safer have a drivechip...and yeah 3.2 menu is simply the safest.
No one is brick proof........yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 999.... Apple.... Can I just use 999 dollar bills and light them on fire?