Gaming Star Fox Zero

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My copy of SF0 arrived unexpectedly this morning! I've been playing through the first mission and so far, I fucking love it. The feel and atmosphere is EXACTLY like SF/SF64. I love the game pad cockpit view and motion controls - much more enjoyable than the button controls in previous iterations of the game IMO. It's got that exhilarating feel of soaring through ravines while picking off small enemies, slowing down to focus on larger enemies, swooping through obstacles, and finally buddying up with the rest of the team to kill the boss! So far this game was so worth the wait :D

Reactions: Sick Wario

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the opposite feeling, just got around to trying it, was alright at first, then I hit the first area with the walker and the controls are absolutely horrible. It's so un-intuitive, I keep accidendiatly pressing up and down on the right stick to aim and when trying to turn left or right. I don't know what they were thinking other than "we must implement the gamepad at any cost!"...

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I had the opposite feeling, just got around to trying it, was alright at first, then I hit the first area with the walker and the controls are absolutely horrible. It's so un-intuitive, I keep accidendiatly pressing up and down on the right stick to aim and when trying to turn left or right. I don't know what they were thinking other than "we must implement the gamepad at any cost!"...
The walker has the worst controls, luckily you don't have to use it a lot. Apart from that the game controls pretty well once you get used to the aiming. Never quite got used to switching between looking at the gamepad and the TV though, I ended up mostly looking at the TV because I found it easier to see what was going on that way.

Reactions: Sick Wario
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Gave it a shot but never really liked the controls and much less playing it on the GamePad. I hate how Nintendo tries to force their gimmicks to what could-be-and-should-be a great game. I don't expect them to add Pro Controller support anyway so it is what it is.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After playing it a little more, in the scenarios like the walker it does help somewhat to look only at the gamepad and ignore the TV. Still ridiculous. But at least it makes getting through that area somewhat tolerable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)