STALKER TV series teaser trailer

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A television series based on the post-apocalyptic shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is apparently in the works. The developers at GSC Game World recently posted a link to a teaser site for the show on the game's official Facebook page.

You won't find much information on the project just yet, but there's a short trailer and plenty of pictures from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV series available on the site. The trailer itself is entirely in Russian and takes an eternity to load, however, so keep that in mind.

There's no mention of when the series will be premiering other than "soon," nor is there any info on which TV stations (or countries, for that matter) will carry the program. We'll try to keep you updated, though.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Although I never played STALKER it seems to have an interesting enough environment and concept to make for a good TV series to add your own elaboration on. My friend, whose quite a big STALKER fan, saw the trailer and was giddy. Hopefully something comes of this and hopefully that something is good.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome if it comes to pass (I am a fan of the book, film and the games), I will certainly be watching it although I will have to brush up on Russian if it goes out in that.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The book is a legendary Russian sci fi novel called roadside picnic
The film was called stalker and was directed by Andrey Tarkovskiy (he who did the original Solaris) and is equally regarded. IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079944/

There is a fair bit of crossover but a lot of liberties were taken at every stage.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was a series of well liked games based on the franchise and this is an adaptation of them (indeed looking at the trailer it is closer to the games (especially the last two) than the other media).

Come to think of it cartoons and kids shows aside has there been a game to TV adaptation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo