Hacking SSBB Read Error Occured

xech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got problems with my wii, i don't really know what modchip is in it. But when i put in a NTSC copy of Verbatim DVD+r DL 2.4x. it says an error has occured and eject blah blah blah.
i took it out and put it back in and said its unable to read.

Can the mod chip version be causing this? and how do i know what mod chip is in the wii without opening it.

i burned it in 3 verbatim dvd+r dl

1 with 2.4x with layer break code
1 with 4x with layer break code
1 with 2.4x w/o layer break code

and all 3 give same results

an Original Disc of SSBB works perfectly but my burned one doesn't

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My suggestion would be go with a dvd5 version on a single layer disc. wii has issues with DL to begin with. Home burnt DL's can be even harder for it to read. You could also try a dl -R disc if your determinded to have a DL

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the modchip can affect the speed the laser reads at, not sure about the intensity of the beam. The wii's themselves have issues with DL from the factory. thats why there were a ton of repairs when ssbb first came out. alot of wii lasers wouldnt read the original disks.. Try the DL on a -R disc. if your really brave you could do some research into adjusting the pot on the laser. (i advise against it) if that fails then fall back to using a DVD5 it works perfectly just doesnt have all the videos. If you only worried about protecting the original disc then im sure youve seen the video's and wont mind not having them.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-R's have the highest rate of success. Ive never come across a working +R that wasnt booktyped to -R
Try it out, worst case you lose one more dvd, best case you get a working game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system