SSBB MoveSwap Project

webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
I first heard about moveswapping moves in SSBB here.
I loved what they were doing, but it seems like they are now too busy with there texture hacking
(which i support all the way, please look here to see the awesomeness)
so i decided, after i found out how to do it via ocarina, to try it out and post my progress.
Here is a brief explanation on some terms I will be using, taken from here:
QUOTE said:
The move swap hack is achieved by using Trucha Signer to replace a character’s moveset with another often resulting in a bizarre hybridized version of said character. Usually this action will completely freeze the game upon doing many of the special moves especially up special. However, every now and then, combinations do work flawlessly ( by that I mean they do not cause a complete freeze ). The best thing about this, though is that characteristics of each character sometimes crossover to improve on how they play; sometimes drastically. For instance, putting a fast characters moves into a slower character will make the moves fast while retaining the same amount of power.

There are two kinds of freezing to deal withwhen doing the moveswap hack. The main one is the Dead Freeze. This is when the entire game locks up due to some error. These typically occur when doing a character’s special move; usually the up or neutral one. They have also been known to occur when placing a character that does not crawl into a character that does or vice versa. For instance, I once put Wolf’s moves into Diddy Kong. Since Wolf does not have a crawling animation, the game froze. Also ( and unfortunately ) the Dead Freeze has occured at random indeterminable moments. Another, significantly less harmful but still annoying, method of freezing is the Partial Lock. This is when a character performs a move ( again likely to be a special move ) and the character alone will freeze up. Now this is really only bad if you are the character using this move because it renders your character completely immobilized until you either get hit, or worse; get killed. Basically if using a character with moves that cause Partial Lock, don’t use them unless you have some sort of exit strategy.

I will basically be showing you how the character looks, the 4 B moves (specials) [B, Up B, Down B and Side B], and the final smash. + anything else i think looks interesting.

OK, on with the swaps!

First is Marth with Link injected into him:
al_080830_1952(1).bin.out.jpg

][
al_080830_1952.bin.out.jpg

For some odd reason his eyes are closed and he is holding links invisible sword in his left hand.

al_080830_1952(3).bin.out.jpg

His over and A smash attack looks normal enough, once again notice the left hand.
al_080830_1952(2).bin.out.jpg

But the attack does all (or at least most) of the damage backwards. Interesante

al_080830_1952(4).bin.out.jpg

The normal B looks like he is drawing an arrow back, but when he releases it, no arrow comes out nor is any damage done to a far away player.
al_080830_1952(6).bin.out.jpg

But if you let it charge up all the way, it lets out a big slash. once again Interesante

When you do his down and B he takes his right hand (the one with the sword in it) and reaches for his back, like link does with his right hand to get a bomb.
(I had a pic of this, but it got lost somewhere, sorry) and it make the little *clink* as when marth does his normal Down B counter.
But if you hit him while he is doing his Down B, the counter works, but there is a Partial Lock afterwards.
al_080830_1952(5).bin.out.jpg

al_080830_1953(2).bin.out.jpg

The Side and B does absolutely no damage, marth goes though the motion of throwing it, but no boomerang comes out and no damage is delt.

al_080830_1953.bin.out.jpg

The Up B does do damage, but gains no altitude when done in the air as a recovery move.
Marth just spins like link with the invisible sword in his left hand.
Weird note though, after he does the move on the ground, marth "falls"
al_080830_1953(1).bin.out.jpg

as if he just jumped off a small step.

And finally the final smash, it works perfectly (does marth's critical hit) and does the right amount of damage, but afterwards
al_080830_1953(3).bin.out.jpg

What happens looks like a partial lock, but it is worse.
Un like a partial lock, where you get hit and your back to normal,
Here you just stay there, unable to get hit and un able to be pushed over the edge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK folks, thats the first one.
I also did peach injected with zelda, but that turned into a Dead Freeze. Too bad.
I wish I could show you guys videos, but I don't know how to turn the vids taken in smash bros to and avi or something like that.
If any body knows an easy way to take videos in smash and share them online, please tell me.

OK, I will be posting more later.
I have several allready set up, but GBATemp won't let me post but so many pics, so I will just batch them up and release them every once in a while.
Tell me if you like this and give me some suggestions on what to do next.
Ja na

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...