Hacking SSBB Mod ISO Builder

Should ProjectM Full Set and Wifi-Safe versions share same GameID or have different GameIDs?

• Total voters

libertyernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, so I made a couple changes to the batch file to get it to work with my stage packs, but none of them are specific to my packs alone. Feel free to use some/all of these changes in your next version :)
Here's the .zip file with my changes: http://www.mediafire.com/download/emhbg8bk625gykv/Mod Builder Mod 3.zip

1. I made a .exe file in C++ called "hexsize.exe" - it outputs the size of a file in hexadecimal. The batch file now uses this to get the GCTSIZE so it doesn't need to be hardcoded anymore (and if it is still hardcoded, that will be overwritten later in the batch file.)
2. A new option #5 called just "Brawl". This copies over the most common files that people might edit, and it should be good as a "generic" option. It also works with the Brawl version of my stage pack.
3. A new line in the Project M section to copy any STGCUSTOM##.pac files that may exist in stage/melee. This makes the Project M version of my pack work too.

EDIT: Link updated. Added some more files to the list - better safe than sorry!
EDIT 2 (Jan 21): Link updated again - recompiled hexsize.exe so it works on Windows XP.

Reactions: haiggoh

Thethiala

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone got libertyernie's custom ISO builder to work with his Classic Expansion Pack in Dolphin? I manage to build the ISO, but I get this error every time upon booting it:

http://i.imgur.com/vgW16T4.png

I did notice a couple of odd messages during the actual building of the ISO:

http://i.imgur.com/DbHdVf8.png

First it says that a couple of paths can't be found, then there's a syntax error related to WIT. Is this normal, or might it be related to why it's not working for me?
Also, it seems like the builder expects RSBE01.gct to be located in projectm/full instead of in the root folder of the batch file. The structure of my ISO builder currently looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/shVtGkR.png

I've successfully built the "vanilla" Project M 3.02 ISO using this structure, am I however supposed to include all the folders from the homebrew version of Project M in the projectm folder (including the updated .gct), not just the pf folder?

EDIT: Progress! I added these files to the projectm folder, which finally allowed me to boot the finished ISO in Dolphin:

http://i.imgur.com/u13q1QF.png

However, I've run into a new problem:

http://i.imgur.com/puUSDFH.jpg

Only the pictures and positions are bugged however, the stages are working correctly. I suspect this might be caused by the common5.pac or mu_menumain.pac previously added, so I'll be experimenting a bit with them.

EDIT 2: SUCCESS!! The custom ISO builder is indeed fully functional, I just had to take a few extra steps which I didn't have to with the default ISO builder. Thank you again for your work, libertyernie.

http://i.imgur.com/nEuZMee.jpg

Reactions: Presto99

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is interesting, I see others have dicided to continue where I have left off lol

*Snip*

Thanks for uploading your own version of the .BAT for 3.X. It is cool to see that you're back.

I just compiled an .ISO and the sounds for Mewtwo and Roy weren't working at all. When you'd select Mewtwo it would say "METAL ALLOY TEAM" and Roy would say "POKEMON TRAINER". Plus Roy had no attack sounds at all (I think Mewtwo did, I can't remember).

I swapped out your code for the SFX folder with the .BRSAR solution from one of the 3.0 .BATs someone had made a few weeks ago and I'm going to see if it works. I'll post an edit once it is finished and I've uploaded it to my WBFS drive.

EDIT: I should have read a few posts above mine to see the solution to my problem (Oops). I will still post back if this happens to work.

EDIT 2: Swapping out that code did indeed work.

Reactions: Presto99

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is the best solution for 3.02 where the sound effects work? Could someone compile a short tut? :)

I just took this code
Code:
mkdir ssbb.d\files\sfx\
copy /b projectm\pf\sfx\ ssbb.d\files\sfx\

and replaced it with this code
Code:
copy /b /y smashbros_sound.brsar ssbb.d\files\sound\smashbros_sound.brsar

and put the modified smashbros_sound.brsar file from this post in the root of the SSBB_Mod_ISO_Builder_v.1.01 directory that damysteryman has linked in the opening post of the thread. I'll attach my modified Build_ISO.bat in case you can't manage to get it to work. You'll have to change to extension to .bat to change it from the .txt I'm uploading it as.

Mind you, the .brsar file includes sound effects from Super Smash Bros. Melee, so if you are against that I don't know any other way to fix it. I'm sorry. :/ Supposedly this ISO builder works, but I haven't tried it myself.

Attachments

• Build_ISO.bat.txt
    34.4 KB · Views: 537

Trycense

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used v1.01 (From the Original Posters first post) and it burned the ISO, but some of the Project M stages are back to their originals. Like I have Metal Cavern, but Project M stadium is Pokemon stadium and Chibi-robo is stage is back to being brinstar. There's also that Roy and Mewtwo announcer bug, but the guys above posted a fix for that (Though I haven't tried it yet.)

I know PM didn't have this, but I'm also curious is there's a way to add stagebuilder back in PM, you can still create stages but the stage select screen doesn't allow custom stage selection.

If you help me out with this, I'll appreciate it so much!
Thanks!

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thats because you used an old building script with the new files please read through this forum topic so you better understand what has been done and how to go about getting 3.2 running or 3.1 whatever it is I am still running 3.0 due to I don't want to experience the 3.1 bugs i'd rather wait for a new pm release and go from there hopefully the bugs will get fixed

D4v3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I used your SSBB ISO Mod builder to build a Project M Iso. It loads up perfectly but freezes on the character selection screen when I try and choose a character (Freezes and makes high pitched buzzing sound). Is this a bug or have I installed something wrong?

Reactions: Acidflare

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I used your SSBB ISO Mod builder to build a Project M Iso. It loads up perfectly but freezes on the character selection screen when I try and choose a character (Freezes and makes high pitched buzzing sound). Is this a bug or have I installed something wrong?

This is a bug in the newest revision if you can find 3.0 not 3.01 or 3.1 use the 3.0 plus the brsar file for the sound effects I have a copy of it built with mewtwo and roy with their sounds working perfectly no sound screw ups with the copy I built I am prepared to compress my wbfs to a wia and upload it with my wia-wbfs converter batch script

D4v3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is a bug in the newest revision if you can find 3.0 not 3.01 or 3.1 use the 3.0 plus the brsar file for the sound effects I have a copy of it built with mewtwo and roy with their sounds working perfectly no sound screw ups with the copy I built I am prepared to compress my wbfs to a wia and upload it with my wia-wbfs converter batch script

Whats a Wia file?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wia is a compressed wii game it's a format used by wit it compresses the data after you have taken all the garbage blank data out you can also use wia files with the brawl mods builder script aswell it uses wit to extract the game image and rebuild it wia uses the same compression formats that 7zip utilizes. I can get a copy of super smash bros brawl no mods to compress to 4.69 GB instead of it's original 6.92 GB which is pretty darn compressed also considering your in a pal region I hope you read on the smashmods.com website that pal versions of the game are known to produce errors the copy I am willing to provide you is an ntsc copy which is probably where you problem lies you are probably building your mods with a pal version instead of an ntsc copy

D4v3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wia is a compressed wii game it's a format used by wit it compresses the data after you have taken all the garbage blank data out you can also use wia files with the brawl mods builder script aswell it uses wit to extract the game image and rebuild it wia uses the same compression formats that 7zip utilizes. I can get a copy of super smash bros brawl no mods to compress to 4.69 GB instead of it's original 6.92 GB which is pretty darn compressed also considering your in a pal region I hope you read on the smashmods.com website that pal versions of the game are known to produce errors the copy I am willing to provide you is an ntsc copy which is probably where you problem lies you are probably building your mods with a pal version instead of an ntsc copy
I actually used a clean NTSC iso as my friend has an imported (NTSC) wii and SSBB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I thought PS4/5 and Xbox One emulation would be kind of easy since they basically just a PC
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    they sorta are a pc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not