Gaming SSBB help - all i get is black screens!! help!

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
my friend had this. turns out that you need to run the update before it'll work. so either let it run or do the 15% trick. should work after that; it did for my friend.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
If you installed the update from the SSBB disc then you're fine. Do NOT install the latest Wii update from the internet!

Now if you don't mind playing in 50Hz just set your Wii to 50Hz in the settings and it should work, however, 50Hz sucks.
To play the game in 60 Hz mode just download the Detal Freeloader, keep your Wii at 60Hz and use the Freeloader to boot the US SSBB, with this you'll be able to play the game in 60Hz mode perfectly fine.

Just one thing, when you insert the freeloader in your Wii a blur like thing will go over the screen twice, that's normal, once the blur's done its job don't click start or anything, just eject the freeloader disc and then insert your SSBB disc, go to the game channel and hit start, there you have it working SSBB in 60Hz.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
I needed it with 3.1E, didn't mess up my PAL wii at all or update to 3.2, it's just some small update I assume it has something to do with Dual Layer compatibility.
I want to update to 3.2E but I have no idea where to get the update now, No More Heroes was supposed to have it, but my copy didn't come with an update so I dunno what to do.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can't get 3.2 now without getting the trucha fix.
but perhaps wum will have it later, and then you can use it to edit a disc and insert the early 3.2 fw in it

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
The latest as in the one that came out yesterday?
Well it still works because the fix was just installed to your system but not activated yet, it'll be activated with the next big firmware update.

Still, I wouldn't take the risk of updating regardless of whether it works or not.

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
Little help here...

My friend burnt me a copy of Brawl, and I was excited and all, but he said the method he chose may have been faulty (and said he would give me another one if it was).

It turned out to be a bad copy (damn my bad luck). Now it comes up with the Brawl logo on the disk channel, and then I get a black screen.

Im not asking for any help about the black screen, but when does the update appear? Does it appear after youve clicked start? Or before? Because Im worried my friend didnt/won't include the update.

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
So you reckon the update wasn't included in the disk? (As no update came up, I pressed start though and then black screen).

The Brawl Logo on the disk menu comes up though.

Perhaps its because I have the 3.2E Update? (the WiiWare one)

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try setting your Wii to 50Hz or using the Detal freeloader?
SSBB won't update if you have 3.2E I think.
Just download the free loader, it's only like 2MB and burn the PAL version, then load them game up with it to play it in 60Hz

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
My friend'll come over in bout an hours time. If the copy still doesnt work, I'll do the freeloader method.

So the Freeloader itself isnt like 4GB like games? O_O

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
no man, just a small tiny file you burn to a DVD, insert in your Wii, wait for a blur like thing to go over the screen twice, eject and insert the game you want to play.

If you don't want to burn the Freeloader just set your Wii to 50Hz and see if Brawl boots that way, but playing on 50Hz sucks and hurts your eyes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work