Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wiikey is being supported by another group. pretty sure it's the D2C guys

wiikey is being supported by another group. pretty sure it's the D2C guys

You are correct.

Also cyclowiz lucked out on that SMG fix.
Wiikey supported by D2C was never 100% confirmend. Also CycloWiz didn't luck out. Trust me, there R&D is much better. That alone is worth the higher cost of that chip.

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Right, just ignore my post
smile.gif

go see for yourself

http://wiikey.cn/

liquidsword

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That cyclowiz video from blackcatz is bullshit. Correct me if i'm wrong but the first video showed the cyclowiz wii having about 4 to 5 channels with none of those bein virtual console game channels and none with japanese characters. Than he says the guy doesn't care and they update it (hint hint second video they switched systems) finishes and voila we have like 8 to 9 wii channels virtual games and standard channels with japanese kanji. Now i know there was some stuff about duping channels but brand new virtual console games and new channels ?????? i'm calling bullshit and I would not update my system until real realese conformation. (wooooooooot that was long for a long time lurkers first post) And end off the same way this post started correct me if i'm wrong.

Eden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

my.teddybeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That cyclowiz video from blackcatz is bullshit. Correct me if i'm wrong but the first video showed the cyclowiz wii having about 4 to 5 channels with none of those bein virtual console game channels and none with japanese characters. Than he says the guy doesn't care and they update it (hint hint second video they switched systems) finishes and voila we have like 8 to 9 wii channels virtual games and standard channels with japanese kanji. Now i know there was some stuff about duping channels but brand new virtual console games and new channels ?????? i'm calling bullshit and I would not update my system until real realese conformation. (wooooooooot that was long for a long time lurkers first post) And end off the same way this post started correct me if i'm wrong.

well ssbb has vc demos - or not? -.-

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That cyclowiz video from blackcatz is bullshit. Correct me if i'm wrong but the first video showed the cyclowiz wii having about 4 to 5 channels with none of those bein virtual console game channels and none with japanese characters. Than he says the guy doesn't care and they update it (hint hint second video they switched systems) finishes and voila we have like 8 to 9 wii channels virtual games and standard channels with japanese kanji. Now i know there was some stuff about duping channels but brand new virtual console games and new channels ?????? i'm calling bullshit and I would not update my system until real realese conformation. (wooooooooot that was long for a long time lurkers first post) And end off the same way this post started correct me if i'm wrong.

well ssbb has vc demos - or not? -.-

Yeah teddybear is right. liquidsword lurk more. The update put those channels there. It's called a "semi brick" It includes dual weather and news channels. Notice how they are all in japanese.

D1MX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched google for Wiikey and D2CKey email addys...and I can't find 'em.

Anyone willing to release that information so I could stop asking the same question in a different fashion everytime n_n?

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I searched google for Wiikey and D2CKey email addys...and I can't find 'em.

Anyone willing to release that information so I could stop asking the same question in a different fashion everytime n_n?

No. They purposely don't make it available so that they won't get spam from people like you while they are trying to work on an update.
tongue.gif

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

lurk some moar plz

you ARE correct that they switched systems to do the second video, but i disagree that its bullshit. the FIRST video shows that its WORKING, and READING the disc on a Cyclowiz. the Second video (with the friend's Wii) shows it updating, and semi-bricking. the friend didnt care if his Cyclowiz modded Wii got bricked or not.

i see it as proof that it runs on Cyclowiz, Wiikey is SOL until they update it. still havent seen confirmation on D2CKey.

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
smile.gif

go see for yourself

Test Page for the Apache HTTP server. Is their something your are trying to show me?

I think he's trying to prove the Wiikey team is dead, which anyone who's been around for more than a week knows they aren't!
ok" but id didn't know that
rolleyes.gif

i only visit this site to see if Brawl is out

at the moment
tongue.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I am going to pistol whip the next guy who bad mouths wiikey. It took them 5 fucking days to fix SMG!!!
Which games have you had to wait months to play because they didn't release an update?

i was expecting the flamers to start mouthing off
rolleyes.gif
, if you haven't noticed the wiikey website has been down for months, not a peep from them at all, what makes you think the wiikey team will save the day on this one? i'm already considering selling my silly pal Wii, get a american Wii and install it with a cyclowiz.

smile.gif

go see for yourself

like i said website has been down for months, who is the ignorant one now?

D1MX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how the hell do you guys manage to find a way to email these ppl I presume?

I already promised I won't spam them...I'll just ask in a dignified fashion if they're working on an update for SSBB...then outta nowhere there'll be news from GBAtemp.net later today saying, "Due to the tons of emails from Wiikey users, we have been summoned from the grave to help you guys out yadda yadda suck my toes no homo yadda yadda."

frenrihr

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I already promised I won't spam them...I'll just ask in a dignified fashion if they're working on an update for SSBB...then outta nowhere there'll be news from GBAtemp.net later today saying, "Due to the tons of emails from Wiikey users, we have been summoned from the grave to help you guys out yadda yadda suck my toes no homo yadda yadda."
Just got in contact with someone from a Scene group
biggrin.gif
they say its possible for DMZ to release brawl, as for wiikey team, I just mailed them, no reply yet.

lhnguyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just got in contact with someone from a Scene group
biggrin.gif
they say its possible for DMZ to release brawl, as for wiikey team, I just mailed them, no reply yet.

Possible? Possible as in soon...? Too exciting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, furry grandma?