Hacking SRAM Reset for DSe Notepad 0.9

blow_fly98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am using an R4, which I am trying to run an application called DSe Notepad on. When I loaded it, it said to reset SRAM by pressing START, like they said it would in the readme. Then it tells me to reset my DS, so I turned it off (because soft reset wouldn't work) but when I turn it on and load DSe Notepad again, it says the exact same things (press start to reset SRAM......) I've tried the .nds file on NO$GBA and it worked fine. I also tried to DLDI patch the file but DLDIrc said the file had no DLDI section. Anyone know how to solve this?
frown.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
your r4 with auto dldi patch so don't worry about doing it manually. dldirc will overwrite the byte section for soft patching, if you patch it with dldirc the r4 can never auto patch it. however, if it says it doesn't support the dldi lib then perhaps its old homebrew that is made to run on a specific flash kit. sram can hold data if you shut down the nds and quickly turn it back on. so this time turn off the nds and let it sit for a minute and then turn it back on and see what happens. as far as soft reset, i've found a few homebrew apps that support it but don't always work. infact lastnight i had issues with my own install of moonshell vs. the one that comes with the r4 firmware.

if you are looking for something to save info quickly give DSNotes a try. it lets you write with the stylus and save out to files. its great for on the go note taking, or even small doodles and sketches.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: How Roms Try Helping? +1