Gaming Square No Longer Supporting DS Localizations?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this has been taken way out of hand by everyone posting here...they(Square Enix) were asked if certain games would be released outside of Japan there was never any statement saying they wouldn't be releasing anymore DS games outside of Japan its just those 4 games that were asked about (Blood of Bahamut,SaGa2,FFG & Estpolis) nothing was stated about DQ not being released so stop assuming that to be true and they just said they weren't sure yet doesn't mean they wont although if any of those 4 do get released i think Blood of Bahamut is the least likely to be localized elsewhere.

also FFG,Estpolis and even DQ6 were just released within the last few months everyone here should know how long it takes for games to reach outside of Japan...

Stealth Fox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont be insane. In the past square would literally localize every single ds game... now...nothing.

ff gaiden is a fricking ff game and they even localized that garbage wii game, but this they wont? And fyi its been over 6 months for gaiden

dq vi has been tba forever and whenever anyone asks them about a date, square says its not gunna happen

dq 9 sold 4 mil, and they wont even bring it over, nintendo is.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
good old misinformation, spreaded by panic since the dawn of the internet.

Relax people, they didnt say that they will 100% , they are just not sure, so stop spreading false lies least noobs started spreading that and before you know, thanks to that 1 guy, rumour/bullshit has turned to reality...

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I finally read the interview. A lot of people seem to be misinterpreting this statement, particularly the highlighted part:

QUOTE said:
We will continue to bring other Square Enix titles to the US market, that plan hasn’t been changed and we’re doing it already.

Everyone thinks reads it to mean other games than what was asked (i.e. the examples mentioned). But people forget the interview wasn't about games like SaGa or FF Gaiden. The interview was about FFXIII. Meaning they still plan on releasing "other" games besides FFXIII locally. And they're already working on it. That's exactly what it sounds like to me you crazy bunch of wolf-criers.

Stealth Fox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What it means is that ds games wont get localized and others will (consoles other than the ds). They gave him a list of ds games, and he said other games, not other ds games will get localized.

Say nighty night to dq 6, ff gaiden, blood of bahamut, cross treasure, lufia 2, Saga 2, the another world

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What does Ni no Kuni have to do with Square-Enix? It's a Level5 game and not even out in Japan..... god, I wish you'd just finally stop your bitching and be fucking patient. If you don't like the DS, then go play your PSP if Sony supports it's system so much better. (like how they do with the PSP Go, as in, you can't play the games you bought on UMD unless you buy them again through the PSN store, yeaah, awesome Sony, awesome.)

Stealth Fox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love my ds which is why these companies piss me off for not caring about the fans. And fyi level 5 is a part of square enix.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stealth Fox said:
I love my ds which is why these companies piss me off for not caring about the fans. And fyi level 5 is a part of square enix.
It is not. Don't spread lies around. Level 5 is an independent game company. They have worked with Square Enix before, but they are not in any way connected to the company. They are separate and they have developed games of their own. Do some history before you pull assumptions out of your rear like that...
closedeyes.gif

As i said in the other topic, no game company cares enough about their fans to promote a game in a region they believe it will fail miserably in. Game companies, every one of them, are businesses first and foremost. They will make what sells, not what no one will buy. Again, if Mario games didn't sell in the US, Nintendo would definitely not bring them over at all. They would not waste money chasing after nonexistent profits. We've already seen this with the Mother series. The one and only time they took a chance and answered fan demand back in the 90's and released Earthbound (Mother 2) in the US, fans spat in THEIR face and didn't even support the game. It failed abysmally, Nintendo themselves said it was a commercial failure. You wonder why they don't listen to fan demand. When they did what the fans wanted, no one bought it. That's why they haven't release a Mother game in the US since.

I'm stunned you ever thought game companies or any of their employees ever really cared about their fans at all. They care about money, and they will make whatever sells. Why do you think shovelware like Imagine and Petz games keep getting made? Because they're cheap, easy to make, and sell very well. The developers behind the games may have creative talent, and we tip our hats to their work, but i can tell you with 100% percent certainty that they would much rather put no effort into a game that will sell extremely well and ensure a paycheck for them, than put a lot of creative effort into a game and get no money out of it. It all comes down to money. Only very few developers like Pixel from Cave Story put creativity over profits (his game was originally free if you recall).

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stealth, stop trolling already. It's obvious you either have the reading comprehension of a third grader, or you're just here to get people upset. Square has NOT said they won't localize the games, and you're misquoting a vague sentence out of context. As was stated on the other concerned thread here, the vast majority of Square's output in the last few years has been exclusively on the DS. Cutting it out would nullify a large percentage of SoA's profit margins, and probably cut into the ability to make even the console games viable. It would be pure profit suicide and stupidity.

Stealth Fox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Are you a dummy? Square hasnt localized a real ds game in 6 months (kingdom hearts 365/2) and hasnt announced one in almost a year. Of course they wont come out and say anything because they dont care.

The only game that may come but probably hasnt even started being localized is DQ 6. Other than that the 5 or 6 games in there backlog will be forgotten.

bmt0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
"may" come?
Realms of Reverie has been trademarked for both US and EU, surely its not a priority for them since DQ is not a big franchise in the west, but it will get localized

Stop this shit, you are pulling "truth" out of your ass

Stealth Fox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The truth is what I see and you cant argue with square no longer localizing ds items, because they havent nor have they announced anything.

And fyi just because something is trademarked doesnt mean its coming at all..... ash archiac ring a bell.....

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:
They care about money, and they will make whatever sells.

Same can be about the Music industry

granville said:
It all comes down to money.

Unfortunently(?).

We released some of those titles already, but the sales figures weren’t very good. So, we’re not sure.

Those with flashcarts, don't forget to give back to the game companies that gave you something to spend your time on!

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/04/08/the-4...-international/

Oh yes, Squeenix really isn't localising anything anymore. *rolls eyes*

There you go. Now wait another year and you might get those other games you listed too.

edit: oh nevermind me, I just noticed you are already trolling Siliconera too, so you already know about it, and won't believe it, ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay