Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Japan has its own mass of shovelware/crap (which to me is more than what we get) and guess what? They may be in for a whole lot more!

Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix) today announced that Square Enix and Ubisoft Japan entered into an exclusive distribution agreement under which Square Enix is entitled to distribute UBISOFT Group games exclusively in Japan starting April 2009.

In the increasingly consolidated video game industry, Square Enix has been implementing strategic initiatives to expand its product lineup and strengthen its presence as a global game publisher. In 2008, the company began publishing third-party titles in PAL territories, and in December 2008, published its first overseas-produced game in Japan with the launch of UK-based Frontier Developments Ltd’s LostWindsTM for WiiWare™. This exclusive distribution agreement for UBISOFT Group games will be another key step to achieve the aforementioned goal.

“The global video game market is expected to maintain sustainable growth thanks to geographical expansion and diversification of customer base,” said Yoichi Wada, president and representative director of Square Enix. “By partnering with the UBISOFT Group having a number of highly acclaimed titles, we can now work to provide high-quality overseas-produced games to Japan, thus invigorating the Japanese game market while strengthening our presence as a global leader in the video game industry.”

Details on games to be released will be available at a later time.

Well Ubisoft do release the occasional good game.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, personally, no matter how much crap they come up with, they're still a great company just for bringing us Rayman, Beyond Good & Evil, Far Cry 2 and all the Prince of Persia 3D games.
Not many companies can boast a repertoire like that to be honest.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Trolly said:
Well, personally, no matter how much crap they come up with, they're still a great company just for bringing us Rayman, Beyond Good & Evil, Far Cry 2 and all the Prince of Persia 3D games.
Not many companies can boast a repertoire like that to be honest.

Except for Prince of Persia 3D.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What happened to staying on the main subject with Square Enix, they had that new stay on main topic thing like FF, and stuff like that. They probably won't be making a TWEWY sequel(I havn't finished it yet though
tongue.gif
)but they do this?
frown.gif

Oh well, it was going to happen eventually, something like this.
frown.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hadrian Uranium said:
Imagine Chocoboz?

Having recently played final fantasy 7 again and attempting to get a gold one (from memory/experimentation) I can say with near certainty that a port of the chocobo aspects would do.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well depends on which console they release the games
and hopefully square enix only release the major titles of ubisoft

personally, i doubt they will release shovelwares on xbox or ps3...
but.........
a big " ? " for DS and WII ~!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-