OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
3rd-birthday.jpg

Square Enix has just announced its E3 line-up, confirming it will bring The 3rd Birthday for its first western showing.

Also mentioned in the line-up is Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded for DS. This actually hasn’t been formally announced as of yet, so this must be the title Tetsuya Nomura is introducing from the series at the show next week. The snip from the PR goes:

“Sora’s journey in KINGDOM HEARTS II has drawn to a close, and now a new tale is set to begin. Jiminy Cricket is looking over the journal he used to document his first adventure with Sora when he discovers a mysterious message. He didn’t write it – so how on earth did it get there? King Mickey is determined to find out, so he and his friends decide to digitize the journal and delve into its deepest secrets. Inside this “datascape” dwells a second Sora who is about to embark on a grand adventure of his very own.”

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Final Fantasy XIV, Kane & Lynch 2 and more usual suspects, as well as the recently announced Dungeon Siege 3, will also be at the LACC beginning on Tuesday.

No mention of Final Fantasy Versus XIII or Final Fantasy Agito XIII, though.Get the full list below.

The 3rd Birthday
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dungeon Siege 3
Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Front Mission: Evolved
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded
Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light
The Tales of Bearsworth: Chaotic Conflicts
The Tales of Bearsworth: Puzzling Pages
Source.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool! Looks like Squeenix has a pretty good lineup this year.
Can't wait to see how it goes, especially with BBS and 3rd Birthday.
yay.gif

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
was hoping for some Final Fantasy Versus 13 stuff, but eh I guess KH Re:coded is good enough, even though many people who played the original said it blowed

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as i love Kingdom Hearts, and would normally be excited for a new game for the DS, Coded is actually the worst in the series by far. It's all filler and answers almost nothing important about the future of the series. Most people who played the previous games will also find the revelations a big slap in the face. I've not yet played it, but it looks extremely bland from the gameplay. Literally 98% of the entire game is completely unnecessary and useless to the plot. Kind of like the worlds in Chain of Memories except even more useless.

However, i am interested in seeing what they do to improve it, and i will try it to be open minded. Don't expect much though. This is likely just a way for Square Enix to cash in on US fans' money and will be a very simple port with little improvement. Apparently the series sells BETTER in the US than Japan, so bringing these games to the US is a profit priority to them. Too bad many gamers will likely be tricked into buying it, while Japanese fans know it sucks.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
granville said:
As much as i love Kingdom Hearts, and would normally be excited for a new game for the DS, Coded is actually the worst in the series by far. It's all filler and answers almost nothing important about the future of the series. Most people who played the previous games will also find the revelations a big slap in the face. I've not yet played it, but it looks extremely bland from the gameplay. Literally 98% of the entire game is completely unnecessary and useless to the plot. Kind of like the worlds in Chain of Memories except even more useless.

However, i am interested in seeing what they do to improve it, and i will try it to be open minded. Don't expect much though. This is likely just a way for Square Enix to cash in on US fans' money and will be a very simple port with little improvement. Apparently the series sells BETTER in the US than Japan, so bringing these games to the US is a profit priority to them. Too bad many gamers will likely be tricked into buying it, while Japanese fans know it sucks.
Well Nomura did say they were doing something special for their western fans so maybe they added significant plot points, maybe it hints at KH3! It is set after KHII so... who knows!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
granville said:

Well Nomura did say they were doing something special for their western fans so maybe they added significant plot points, maybe it hints at KH3! It is set after KHII so... who knows!
Personally, i'd love for them to delve into more of what Riku or Mickey were up to at that point. We know Mickey for one had an adventure in the dark realm. The fact that they put RE: in the name might point towards a remake, like Chain of Memories on PS2. And i noticed from the PR that H.A.N.D. is developing this DS version. For those who don't know, they made 358/2 Days. So they might port it to the Days engine, which is more in-tuned with the KH gameplay style (it's almost a perfect replication of KH2's engine just without reaction commands). So i have hope!
tongue.gif

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
they are bringing out too many kingdom hearts games in a too short of a time on too many different consoles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_