New collection of Kingdom Hearts games to release on October 30th

KH.png

Box_Art.jpg

Kingdom Hearts is no stranger to HD re-releases. Starting with Kingdom Hearts 1.5 for PlayStation 3 in 2013, almost every game in the series has been playable in HD on either the PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 3.

Today, Square-Enix announced a new HD Kingdom Hearts collection; Kingdom Hearts -The Story So Far-. This game is the combination of both Kingdom Hearts titles already available on PlayStation 4.

In KINGDOM HEARTS - The Story So Far -, Keyblade wielders can relive the magical adventures of Sora, Donald Duck, Goofy and friends as they attempt to stop the Heartless invasion that threatens their universe. Fans will travel to iconic Disney worlds and join forces with beloved Disney and FINAL FANTASY® characters in order to fight back against the threat of darkness and bring back light to all worlds.

The compilation includes the following games:
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories
  • KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD Remastered cinematics)
  • KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep Final MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (HD Remastered cinematics)
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD
  • KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep –A fragmentary passage–
  • KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover (movie)

Kingdom Hearts -The Story So Far- will release on October 30th. The box will contain two discs, one for Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5, and one for Kingdom Hearts 2.8. Currently, it is only planned to release in the US.

:arrow: Source

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Story goes KH Unchained Union χ >KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover>Birth By Sleep>KH1>KH 0.2>Chain of Memories>358/2 Days>KH II>Recoded>Dream Drop Distance
Think you've quoted the wrong post there... nowhere in my post do I query the chronology (and the game/story order has already been clarified elsewhere in this thread)... I was replying to someone questioning the worth of this release.

Last edited by duwen,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Think you've quoted the wrong post there... nowhere in my post do I query the chronology (and the game/story order has already been clarified elsewhere in this thread)... I was replying to someone questioning the worth of this release.
Yep quoted the wrong post.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
US only ? physical only?
at least, it's cheaper than buying both separated.

Should I wait for the "complete pack" with 1.5+2.5 + 2.8 + 3.0 ?
it might be released one day and even be 39$ too in 2 years, right?
I'll wait until 3.0 release, to see if they announce any full story pack.

Last edited by Cyan,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
US only ? physical only?
at least, it's cheaper than buying both separated.

Should I wait for the "complete pack" with 1.5+2.5 + 2.8 + 3.0 ?
it might be released one day and even be 39$ too in 2 years, right?
I'll wait until 3.0 release, to see if they announce any full story pack.
If you want digital complete pack, there already is one for the PS4, you get all games besides III when you order then III as soon as it releases. If you want retail, just wait longer... But knowing how PS4 games are nowadays, you will end up having to download like 90% of the game anyway even with retail.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking Microsoft was bad at naming videogame related things, but just look at this mess. How should anyone find out which games belongs where in story? I really hope this games not also have somekind of multiple timelines situation going on :rofl2:

I wonder about people here complaining about a cash grab, that's 9 (once) full price games for just $40... Looks like a really good package to me even considering some of the games where original released for handhelds.
How? Is not like a google search takes more than 2 minutes... But yeah, people crying cash grab are just crazy, I personally have never played a kingdom hearts game and this is kind of a crazy value for someone like me.

P

pasc

Square Enix... the company that makes inventing a time machine actually viable...

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Eh, no gamer hasnt heard of Kingdom Hearts, and most people who care about Kingdom Hearts owned a PS2.
You are forgetting something REALLY important, plenty of players now were either not even born back in 2002 or could hardly speak, let alone play action games:P The re-releases every time have been for collectors wanting everything in one system and for new audiences to have more accessibility to the series, which is a good thing, just because you were around back in 2002 to play doesn't mean everyone else was.

Reactions: yadspi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there