Spore Creatures vs Viva Pinata

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by artissia, Sep 4, 2008.

1. artissia
    OP

artissia Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2008
    I'm trying to decide which one I should get. Which one is more fun? has more features? longer playing time?

Any advice?

2. Banger

Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

Oct 31, 2007
    United States
    I'll go with spore. Although I have never played a Viva Pinata games, nor have I played the DS version of Spore's but if its even a fraction of that of the PC it will give you some entertainment.

3. TaMs

TaMs Randomizer

Nov 15, 2006
    Finland
    Haven't played either of them, but i'd take viva pinata. Because pc version of spore sucked so much imo.

4. VISHI SO FISHI

VISHI SO FISHI Cricket My love!

Oct 1, 2007
    India
    A kindom far far away!
    ok i just finished playing about 1 hour of each game and yet i have to say Viva pinyata is the better one but spore is super fun too ...

so i would go with viva pinata [​IMG]

5. Lametta

Lametta GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2008
    Italy
    Roma
    I'm still undecided [​IMG]
    I tried Spore yesterday for a couple of hours and I didn't find funny the construction monster option cause it's not balanced and it's hard to make a decent monster.
    I still have to try Viva Pinata but reading the reviews her eon the forum I'm more and more interested in playing it.

I'll keep them both for a while and then decide which is better for me [​IMG]

6. Curley5959

Curley5959 CCC Member!

Feb 2, 2008
    Australia
    Not sure.. Will play more and make a decision!!!! [​IMG]

7. artissia
    OP

artissia Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2008
    tried out spore for a few hours.. it was fun making my own monster and exploring the world, the graphics are nice (it's like playing with paper dolls in a paper world). had a bit of difficulty with the monster construction interface, i couldn't see the parts properly, they were all over each other [​IMG] but so far i think it's cool.

havent tried viva pinata yet but it sounds like a stronger contender among these two..

thanks for your opinions guys [​IMG] keep them coming! i still haven't reached a proper decision..

8. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Dec 9, 2007
    Canada
    Canader.
    Both.

9. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Viva Pinata FTW! I've been playing it like crazy...It's a lot like the 360/PC versions from what I've seen (I've never played those versions though). The graphics in it are great, and the gameplay is great too.

10. ENDscape

ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Dec 14, 2007
    ``orz
    None. I didnt like both of them, but thats my opinion.

11. Shebang

Shebang GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2007
    Belgium
    spore is big fun although it is a cut-down version

-shebang

12. Curley5959

Curley5959 CCC Member!

Feb 2, 2008
    Australia
    I really like Viva Pinata but will try Spore creatures out..

13. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Viva Pinata is miles ahead. Its the full 360 experience, only better and without the tedious bits. There is also a lot more depth in the game than Spore.

Spore Creatures was good but got too repetitive, it lacked variety.

Seriously, don't miss Viva Pinata, its an excellent AAA DS title.

14. Pizzaroo

Pizzaroo douchebag

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Tried spore creatures out. It's pretty fun for a small-sized game. Still need to try Viva Pinata though >:3

15. claudekennilol

claudekennilol GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2008
    United States
    I played Viva Pinata for about 8 hours yesterday. I'm waiting for Spore on the PC as it's only a couple days away--but I can imagine that the DS version is going to be a lot less than the PC version. So just go for viva pinata as it definitely seems the better of the two.

16. CockroachMan

CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Jan 14, 2006
    Brazil
    Brazil
    What are you looking for?

Spore Creatures is more an adventure game.. not a sim like the PC game. If that's what you're looking for, then get Viva Piñata!

17. BiscuitBee

BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Jul 30, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    I'm going to have to go with Viva Piñata here. ...and if raising critters isn't your thing? Just unlock some... sell them all... and start your own garden for plants and trees.

Achievements, on the 360 of course, make this game quite fun as there are extra 'goals' to go for.

18. Raestloz

Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Feb 7, 2008
    Indonesia
    The World of Illusion
    Um... both? already have them in my card, now if only they works

19. Wynd

Wynd Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2008
    VIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa PiñataPiñataPiñataPiñataPiñataPiñataPiñataPiñataPiñataPiñata!XD

I've found cheats a while ago OR asked someone where to get the Cheats or watev >.>

Spore is kinda booooring lol I was just kidding.
    They are both good games its just Viiiiivaaaa Piñata is bEttah! [​IMG]

20. solange82200

solange82200 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Miami, FL
    You guys are making me want to give Viva Pinata another go. Seriously i only got as far as the part where you make the donkey run through bushells of hay, and i was like hell no this is boring. When does it get good?