Hacking Spirit Tracks working perfectly with latest loader.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dib said:
Crap, it's been so long since I had to do that I didn't even consider it.

Did you download the latest loader? Download it and put it in your loaders folder. I deleted the loader that I didnt need, gthe one you want to keep is AKRPG loader, you can delete the other 2. Also you need to set the save type as 8M. You do thisbe scrolling down the to lozsott and pressing the y button, then rom setting then adjusting the save type to 8M. Job done lad

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Normmatt, which do you think is the right save type? Some AK2i users told me that the AK2i with AKAIO produces a 512Kbytes save file and the game works fine. Why is AKAIO able to use a smaller save file?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
logical thinker said:
Normmatt, which do you think is the right save type? Some AK2i users told me that the AK2i produces a 512Kbytes save file and the game works fine. Why is AKAIO able to use a smaller save file?

I'm not Normmatt, nor do I play him on TV, but many flashcards use a "one size fits all" save file and just generate a maximum sized one for each game (512k). I'd guess that AKAIO is more adept at spotting how big a save is needed. So both would work fine, but the AKAIO file is less wasteful of space.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to convert a 512kb save file into a 1MB save file? I just reached the Ocean Temple and don't want to start over.

Psycho K

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
saiko-k.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm slightly confused about something. On the loaders page, it is dated 04/12/09. That's in a DD/MM/YY style, meaning December 4th, 2009. On the Wi-Fi plugin page, it is dated 12/06/2009. That's in a MM/DD/YY (American) style, meaning December 6th, 2009. Did I get these right? If so, staying consistent with the date style instead would be very helpful. Maybe an abbreviation of the month can go up there instead. Like 04/Dec/2009 and Dec/06/2009.

1MByte save, huh? Will do. I take it this is just one of those special cases where you need to manually set it. For pretty much everything else, "Unknown/Auto" should be okay, right?

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it is because Normmatt update the loaders and Smiths update the wifi plugin, one uses one style and the other uses the other style.

If you are using AK2 or 2i, yes, Unknown is OK.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
logical thinker said:
Depending on the game, setting the save type to 8M may work. Backup your save file before doing this.
If I set the save type to 8M, the game creates a new save file upon start and I have to start over. Any way to change the size of an existing save file (in this case 512kb --> 1MB)?

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You may try to do that with a emulator or a save converter, but if the game is working normally and you will not use the second save slot, I think you should not worry about it. There are a lot of AK2i users playing this game and, until now, no one is complaining about save related problems.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
On initial boot the game writes out contents to the end of the save file, on the 512kb save it gets wrapped around to the end, On a 1mb save its at the end of that, so if you manually expand the save file it will see nothing written to the end of the save and thus will think theres no save at all.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the information Normmatt. Guess I'll just play the game on and hopefully no problems will occur
smile.gif

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you talking about the USA version? Because I have the EUR version with latest loader on AK2.1 and I don't have train controls...

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EU's protection is somehow a little different and hasn't been cracked yet.

I've almost completed the USA version on AK2i with a 512 KB save and haven't had any problems. I don't know what would happen if i used the second save slot though heh
tongue.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
Is there a way to convert a 512kb save file into a 1MB save file? I just reached the Ocean Temple and don't want to start over.
Just hex edit the entire 512KB save file into the first 512KB of a blank 1MB save file. I did this myself (on a different flashcart) and it worked just fine. I haven't made it very far in the game yet, but so far it's worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare