Spielberg and Jackson to direct Tintin

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Variety reports that Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson have teamed to produce a trilogy of Tintin feature films, with each director helming at least one of the features.

The films will be motion-captured 3D (like The Polar Express), because, according to Spielberg, "We want Tintin's adventures to have the reality of a live-action film, and yet Peter and I felt that shooting them in a traditional live-action format would simply not honor the distinctive look of the characters and world that Herge created."

Tintin will follow three adventures of an adventurous young journalist who follows stories and solves mysteries, with the help of his white dog and some other colorful characters.

Spielberg's been trying to get the rights to Tintin for over 25 years; it's great to see that he'll be able to follow up his recent, dark films like War of the Worlds and Munich with some good, old-fashioned children's entertainment. Variety says little about Jackson's enthusiasm for the project, but it's hard to imagine he'd attach to such a hugely ambitious project if he didn't have a love for the source material.

Source

I'm eager to even see some concept images!
ohmy.gif

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I loved reading The Adventures of TinTin in middle school. I think they even had a show on Nickelodeon that I watched. Seems like its kinda late but I hope it turns out good. I wonder how are they going to attract people who have no idea what TinTin is.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
snowy as name sucks. its milou
biggrin.gif
I THINK TINTIN ... fucking kickass (i grew up with bande dessine, asterix etc) so... no superheroes fo me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...