ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, i'm still a bit new at this.

So i am to change the 0x55 to C8?

In HxD you can press ctrl+G (or Search - Goto..) and then a window will popup. You can type 55c8 into it to go to that offset. That will bring you to the section with your mayor's name. You edited it correctly in your screenshot, you just edited the wrong section. I hope that makes sense.
SmvAniw.png
a0CgGz5.png

Kiyomi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh i see! That makes it simple now.
Hopefully i don't mess up my file this time.
Thank youu.
-
Got it to work, yay.

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have we figured out how to upgrade the stores on main street? mostly the nookling junction shop

Yes and no. Yes, I know where to upgrade the stores. No, I do not yet know which values correspond to what building and what stage of that building -- finding this out is very time-consuming, as only a fellow hexer would know. Unless someone assists me, ya'll just have to be patient. :)

Reactions: Scatsie

Scatsie

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes and no. Yes, I know where to upgrade the stores. No, I do not yet know which values correspond to what building and what stage of that building -- finding this out is very time-consuming, as only a fellow hexer would know. Unless someone assists me, ya'll just have to be patient. :)

yeah I tried it myself as I saw your comment! I have two copies of acnl and I tried to replace the unupdated main street values for the ones I got for my other cartridge but nothing happened D: other than that I haven't got much idea on how to find stuff out so I'll be patient dw :) thanks for looking though! glad we're somewhere :)

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor update. A lot of people have been asking if it's possible to have two town plazas (I don't see the appeal myself), but I went ahead and did some testing.
  • Yes, you can have more than one town plaza without the game crashing.
  • When injecting your RAM after adding the additional plaza, the mini map will change. If you go inside a building and come back out, you still won’t find the second plaza, just the changed mini map. YOU MUST SAVE AND EXIT. Once you reload your mayor, the second plaza WILL be there, finally.
  • Events will only take place in ONE plaza. You will not see two Zipper T. Bunnies if you go to Easter, for instance. Only one. In just one plaza.
  • For mine, it prioritized the plaza with the tree in it and events took place here. This may or may not be coincidental. Feel free to test further.
No testing has been done if this affects unrelated things like the mail system, etc. Feel free to test further.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to remove any bridges when editing a river acre with a bridge in it, I'm really sure that a bridge without a river in it is the cause of 90% of game corruptions of the ones I see you guys posting here

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to remove any bridges when editing a river acre with a bridge in it, I'm really sure that a bridge without a river in it is the cause of 90% of game corruptions of the ones I see you guys posting here

Nah, I had a bridge sitting in my event plaza in place of the tree for a long time without issue. So that shouldn't be it...

Wizardy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I realized why I couldn't find the train station and town hall color as matching pairs when comparing same color buildings from diff towns... look at my results:

0x5C738 – TOWN HALL COLOR
C2 = green
A6 = green
EA = green
76 = green
E2 = green
0F = blue
EF = blue
F9 = brown

0x5C739 – TRAIN STATION COLOR
AB = brown
EF = brown
F8 = red
90 = red
C0 = red
96 = blue
92 = blue
B9 = green

nor do they seem to have any specific corresponding pattern (such as anything A0-A9 being brown and anything from 90-99 being blue, for instance)... but I've confirmed that picking any of the values for a specific color, WILL give you that specific color. so using either C2 or A6 for your town hall will give you a green town hall in both scenarios. I don't get it (yet).

I've been dumping a large amount of towns as you can see, seven alone up there to get those results. It would be nice if there was just ONE value per color (I was hoping it would be a simple 00 / 01 / 02 / 03 (or 01-04) case to denote the colors of the station and hall), but that doesn't seem to be the case.

That said, I'm wondering if there's somewhere else in the code that is ultimately calculating these values (such as the way the town tree is calculated by hours and days) and THAT is what is determining the randomness of the values...

All I know is, my brain gave up on me, so I'm sitting here staring at the values going WHAT IS THE COMMON THEME WITH YOU TELL ME YOUR SECRETS
I've figured out how the town hall and train station colors work and it's not as random as it seems. It uses the two least significant bits of each byte:

0x5C738 – TOWN HALL COLOR
1100 0010 = C2 = green
1010 0110 = A6 = green
1110 1010 = EA = green
0111 0110 = 76 = green
1110 0010 = E2 = green
0000 1111 = 0F = blue
1110 1111 = EF = blue
1111 1001 = F9 = brown

0x5C739 – TRAIN STATION COLOR
1010 1011 = AB = brown
1110 1111 = EF = brown
1111 1000 = F8 = red
1001 0000 = 90 = red
1100 0000 = C0 = red
1001 0110 = 96 = blue
1001 0010 = 92 = blue
1011 1001 = B9 = green

So the colors are:
TOWN HALL
00 Gray
01 Brown
10 Green
11 Blue

TRAIN STATION
00 Red
01 Green
10 Blue
11 Brown

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I knew it had to be something in the numbers, but I only tried converting to hex (no patterns there), not binary. Interesting! Now if we could figure out why changing them breaks the mail system and your villagers' friendships. I think ayaya's theory is still pretty solid considering there's not much else to go on yet.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P
Ah, I knew it had to be something in the numbers, but I only tried converting to hex (no patterns there), not binary. Interesting! Now if we could figure out why changing them breaks the mail system and your villagers' friendships. I think ayaya's theory is still pretty solid considering there's not much else to go on yet.
I put the town hall and train station color data in the spreadsheet. Thanks for finding it for us

Reactions: Cey

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Unfortunately I'm a little new to hex still, but from doing a little experimenting I'm guessing the updates also need to include hex values related to your game time.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to relocating your plaza: I discovered all events are tied to the COBBLESTONE acre, not to the Plaza Tree itself (the event plaza is two separate pieces -- the plaza tile / ground itself, and the plaza tree).

Wherever you move the PLAZA COBBLESTONE acre via the Map Editor, that is where the events and vendor tents will now take place (including things like Hide and Seek!), REGARDLESS of where your Plaza Tree is (which also has to be moved separately through the RAM editor). I thought they were going to be tried to the tree, but it's actually tied to the ground. This is true regardless of which plaza cobblestone you use, even if you changed it from the one you had prior.

The location of your plaza tree has no effect on events. Also, it doesn't seem to be required to be on the corresponding cobblestone tile. By that I mean, you can have your plaza tree anywhere, separate from the plaza cobblestone -- of course it makes more sense to have it in the middle of the cobblestone, but it's not necessary. My tree is currently sitting in the middle of a lake, under water, several tiles away, and I'm still able to play hide-and-seek and visit the plaza vendors on the cobblestone tile. I've been too lazy to move it yet while I work on the development permit in this new town. It hasn't affected anything at all while I do things / talk to villagers / play games.

I haven't tested removing the plaza entirely, but I assume this would a) prevent the game from loading or b) at least prevent you from experiencing events related to the plaza.

I removed the plaza. You can load a save just fine. The problem is that anything plaza-dependent (such as dream town spawn point) will load at coordinate 0,0 (top left, out of bounds)

Reactions: Cey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival