ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
On and, I repeat my question, what is the villagers offset and the byte to make them in boxes (so they leave the town the next day) ?

edit: I did it, I now have two islands

1427923322-zlcfztmkbqgjuaf4kq.jpg

How were you able to?

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
I've just modified the island acres. It's easy but kinda buggy, like you can't put items in the half of the two isles (exept if you place them in the ram) because it's outer the default place. No problem with the bugs (and also probably the fishes), they appears correctly. Will try to add an isle to my town like froggetspirit did.

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
I've just modified the island acres. It's easy but kinda buggy, like you can't put items in the half of the two isles (exept if you place them in the ram) because it's outer the default place. No problem with the bugs (and also probably the fishes), they appears correctly. Will try to add an isle to my town like froggetspirit did.

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh that would be great

It would be amazing

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what happened, but when I try to build manual pwps lloyd doesn't show up on the map? And then he disappears completely? And the pwp is never built.

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You try to build a pwp unlocked with leaftool ? I heard there are problems with that

They all appear on the pwp list...it worked before...NeoKamek posted another qr and file for it on page two of the original thread. (I think it was NeoKamek I could be wrong.) But I've seeded and placed pwps unlocked that way and it worked.

JJarmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question:

In the scenario that someone has two 3DS's and wants to update one (cartridge version), are the SD cards interchangeable or would it delete the data clean if it doesn't match the assigned 3DS?

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question:

In the scenario that someone has two 3DS's and wants to update one (cartridge version), are the SD cards interchangeable or would it delete the data clean if it doesn't match the assigned 3DS?
Cartridge version, there is no problem. You don't even need to switch SD cards, because everything (except streetpass data) is saved on the cartridge, nothing on the SD card.

You'd just have to move the .bin files on the other SD card

Digital versions are an entire other matter

JJarmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cartridge version, there is no problem. You don't even need to switch SD cards, because everything (except streetpass data) is saved on the cartridge, nothing on the SD card.

You'd just have to move the .bin files on the other SD card

Digital versions are an entire other matter

Thank you! Another question, what if both SD cards have digital games (not ACNL), would those be wiped or corrupted?

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you! Another question, what if both SD cards have digital games (not ACNL), would those be wiped or corrupted?

I personally would not remove a SD card with digital games on them, because I'm paranoid about this happening, haha. Nintendo's digital game policy is...shady.

Reactions: JJarmon

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this sucks.

I was going to take some time today to try and figure out the Main Street upgrades but unfortunately the editor's down.

ayaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After changing both my total hours and days spent ingame to 500, it occurred to me that Phineas never came around to give me the associated badges. I realized that the hours logged at offset 0x5C730 and the days at 0x5C7BA must keep track of the cumulative playtime of all player characters (I only have one character so it hadn't crossed my mind). I found what must be the mayor character's playtime beginning at offset 0x6BB0. Phineas showed up to hand over all 3 "play for X hours" badges after I changed it to 500 hours (again, 40 77 1B from 0x6BB0-0x6BB2). It wouldn't be hard to find the playtime of characters 3-4 with this knowledge.
image is broken buddy
It's working for me, but to summarize: there are 16 levels of tan intensity, ranging from 00 (untanned) to 0F (fully tanned). The image is a visual representation of all 16 levels.
I found all three yesterday, I just didn't get to post them yesterday like I said I would. Sorry guys! I know everyone's excited.
Nice finds! I have a theory about the seemingly random values that determine the color of the town hall and station, but it's a shot in the dark since I don't really know what I'm talking about (d'oh). I'm about to spout a bunch of nonsense, so bear with me:
The value from 0x5C738-0x5C739 appears to always precede your town name (ignore the instances where it's written on the bulletin board/in a letter, as those won't be preceded by that value). Searching for that value followed by my town name brings up 92 results. Character names also appear to always be preceded by a 2 byte value (again, ignoring the aforementioned instances). Searching for that value followed by my character's name brings up 35 results. These values likely serve a similar purpose to the secret ID number in Pokemon--That is to say, even if multiple people happen to name their town and character the same things, the game still has a way to differentiate between them (if it ever has to).

Those values play an important part in pattern QR codes as well. There are pattern editors around that allow you to change the creator's name, town name and unique IDs (those values) of a pattern so that the game thinks it's your creation when you scan it (enabling you to edit it/display it at Able Sisters/use it on sign boards and such). When you scan a QR code, if your town name and character name match those of the creator, it next looks at the town ID and character ID to see if they're a match. If they don't match, you won't be able to edit it, despite having identical town and character names. If they do match, the game recognizes it as your creation. This is why overwriting all of the creator's information stored in a QR code with your own is enough for the game to treat it as though you made it.

I did a bit of testing with that in mind, and changed every instance of my town ID + town name and character ID + character name to match those of my friend. I then traveled to her town and spoke to her villagers, who treated me as though we had met before (we hadn't--in fact, it was my first time visiting her town). That means the IDs and names are the only things the game looks at to tell the difference between characters, which explains why you can't have multiple characters with the same name in the same town. Because only the character ID would be different, the chances of rolling an identical ID to your existing character with the same name would be relatively high. Much higher than the chances of two people naming their town and character the same things, rolling the same town and character IDs, and encountering each other, anyway.

Some info about why there are so many instances of the town ID + town name and character IDs + character names stored in the RAM: Even on one of my files with only 7 minutes of playtime, there are 28 instances of the town ID followed by the town name, and 11 instances of my character's ID followed by their name. In both cases, 10 of those results account for the 10 default patterns the game gives you. One of them must account for 0x5C73A/0x55C8 (town name and mayor name respectively, thanks to the spreadsheet). So with that, all 11 instances of my character's ID + name are accounted for. I can't say for certain what the other 17 instances of my town ID + town name are, but probably things like villager memory (I hadn't spoken to any villagers which is why my name doesn't also appear there).

Unfortunately, while I can tell you that the value from 0x5C738-0x5C739 is likely the town's unique identifier, I don't know why the game uses it to determine the town hall and station color in the way it does, nor do I know if it being at odds with other instances of your town ID can cause complications. I have a couple ideas why, but I lack the experience to know which of those are actual possibilities. Hopefully what I said will give you some leads. I'll report back if I figure anything out.

Reactions: Cey

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly not sure either yet, ayaya. Interesting thoughts though. I can tell you that swapping out ANY values hasn't given me any problem; that is to say, when I change my town hall color to blue, not only is the change perfectly acceptable to the game, but I can choose ANY of the known values for blue, to turn my town hall color blue, without any ill effects. They ALL WORK. Ugh. I've been running around with my new town hall because I desperately needed a blue one and haven't had problems.

It's still bugging me that I can't find a pattern WHY though. But yes, all the values work just fine even if you swap 'em out. (Sorry if I forgot to notate this in my original post about it, since I had already tested it.)

nandu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, those of you have changed the town hall and train station colors, is your mail system working? I'm not sure which one caused this but after changing both the town hall and train station I no longer receive letters nor am I able to send them... :wtf: also what was really weird was that after the injection the villagers acted like they were seeing me for the first time after they moved in, as if they had moved in from a different town a week earlier (they're all 'natives').

Anyway, restored from a backup and all is working again.

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's weird. I hadn't checked the mail yet. Didn't have the issue with the villagers. I'll do some tests!

matrix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, those of you have changed the town hall and train station colors, is your mail system working? I'm not sure which one caused this but after changing both the town hall and train station I no longer receive letters nor am I able to send them... :wtf: also what was really weird was that after the injection the villagers acted like they were seeing me for the first time after they moved in, as if they had moved in from a different town a week earlier (they're all 'natives').

Anyway, restored from a backup and all is working again.

the same thing happened to me. the villagers were talking to me like that was the first time they saw me in a while and I couldn't send mail. The values for my train station color and town hall color were different from the one on the list. I'm thinking it's random for each town or something like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch