ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The river flowing in separate directions isn't an issue, I've tested that, but the extra ramps definitely is. If removing the extra ramps doesn't fix the problem, I think it may be beyond the game.

Reactions: derteufel

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The river flowing in separate directions isn't an issue, I've tested that, but the extra ramps definitely is. If removing the extra ramps doesn't fix the problem, I think it may be beyond the game.
Oh! I meant to say ocean not river. Like having an ocean on both sides. Is that allowed?

baandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! I meant to say ocean not river. Like having an ocean on both sides. Is that allowed?

My ocean was on either side of my town before but it looked really bad and glitchy because the outer boundaries can't be edited (well as far as I know.) Ramps are his problem. I used to want 3 but my game crashed until I went back to 2.

JJarmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I need URGENT help. Before today, every time that I dumped and injected my file, it would work perfectly. Leaftools, HxD Editor, RAM editor, and Acre Editor would work absolutely fine. NOW, whenever I inject my game, it corrupts my entire game and I cannot enter the game at all. The title screen will not show. It will show the train loading, crash, and tell me to restart my console, then it will repeat the process. I've deleted my save file before, tried again with a different save file, corrupted again. I'm really terrified right now. Please help me out.

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I need URGENT help. Before today, every time that I dumped and injected my file, it would work perfectly. Leaftools, HxD Editor, RAM editor, and Acre Editor would work absolutely fine. NOW, whenever I inject my game, it corrupts my entire game and I cannot enter the game at all. The title screen will not show. It will show the train loading, crash, and tell me to restart my console, then it will repeat the process. I've deleted my save file before, tried again with a different save file, corrupted again. I'm really terrified right now. Please help me out.

[copied from LeafTools thread]

IF YOU RUIN YOUR TOWN OR BRICK YOUR CARTRIDGE:
  1. DON'T PANIC. If you read the above steps, you have a backup you can restore from even if you can't load the game without it crashing.
  2. Power off the 3DS completely and power it back on.
  3. Try to launch Animal Crossing with your mayor character. If this succeeds, skip to step 12.
  4. If you are stuck in a crash-and-reset, again, DON'T PANIC. You can recover!
  5. When launching Animal Crossing from the HOME menu, press and hold A, B, X, and Y.
  6. You will be prompted to erase all save data. Say "Yes" at both prompts.
  7. Start a new town and character. It doesn't matter what you name them.
  8. Go through all the new character stuff. When picking a place for your house, pick a spot close to the train station.
  9. Go through the tree planting ceremony.
  10. Save and quit.
  11. Load your game. Skip past the Pete dialog, then go inside the train station. (Do not use any other building - it is possible that you could wind up exiting into a collision box, causing your mayor to faint repeatedly and forcing you to reset)
  12. Use the Save Restore tool to restore your save backup.
  13. Exit the train station.
  14. You may get a short cutscene at the town hall where Isabelle says something like "let's see what this day holds". DON'T PANIC if your town hall is underwater or stuck in a cliff! This is a temporary glitch that will go away.
  15. If the game does not automatically save for you, save and quit now, then reload your mayor character.
  16. Congratulations, you have your town back!

JJarmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[copied from LeafTools thread]

IF YOU RUIN YOUR TOWN OR BRICK YOUR CARTRIDGE:
  1. DON'T PANIC. If you read the above steps, you have a backup you can restore from even if you can't load the game without it crashing.
  2. Power off the 3DS completely and power it back on.
  3. Try to launch Animal Crossing with your mayor character. If this succeeds, skip to step 12.
  4. If you are stuck in a crash-and-reset, again, DON'T PANIC. You can recover!
  5. When launching Animal Crossing from the HOME menu, press and hold A, B, X, and Y.
  6. You will be prompted to erase all save data. Say "Yes" at both prompts.
  7. Start a new town and character. It doesn't matter what you name them.
  8. Go through all the new character stuff. When picking a place for your house, pick a spot close to the train station.
  9. Go through the tree planting ceremony.
  10. Save and quit.
  11. Load your game. Skip past the Pete dialog, then go inside the train station. (Do not use any other building - it is possible that you could wind up exiting into a collision box, causing your mayor to faint repeatedly and forcing you to reset)
  12. Use the Save Restore tool to restore your save backup.
  13. Exit the train station.
  14. You may get a short cutscene at the town hall where Isabelle says something like "let's see what this day holds". DON'T PANIC if your town hall is underwater or stuck in a cliff! This is a temporary glitch that will go away.
  15. If the game does not automatically save for you, save and quit now, then reload your mayor character.
  16. Congratulations, you have your town back!

Thank you, I will definitely restore a back-up next time; however, this happens whenever I try to inject... anything. I have two games, a digital and cartridge copy, and both have now corrupted on me even though I haven't done anything drastic to my town. I used hex editing to change my train station, town hall, town fruit, and grass. I changed some villagers and gave myself some clothing in the RAM editor & removed a couple rocks. I used to acre editor to give me this map:

2mxn58x.png

So... again, nothing drastic or unnatural... yet it keeps bricking... I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The only thing that I can think of is that I never edited the town hall and train station before & maybe the hex value might be messing me up... but that doesn't make much sense either... I need to go to bed for now, but if anyone has anymore advice, I'm all ears... I'm so scared that my game is glitching or something. :'(

Jinglefruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you, I will definitely restore a back-up next time; however, this happens whenever I try to inject... anything. I have two games, a digital and cartridge copy, and both have now corrupted on me even though I haven't done anything drastic to my town. I used hex editing to change my train station, town hall, town fruit, and grass. I changed some villagers and gave myself some clothing in the RAM editor & removed a couple rocks. I used to acre editor to give me this map:

2mxn58x.png

So... again, nothing drastic or unnatural... yet it keeps bricking... I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The only thing that I can think of is that I never edited the town hall and train station before & maybe the hex value might be messing me up... but that doesn't make much sense either... I need to go to bed for now, but if anyone has anymore advice, I'm all ears... I'm so scared that my game is glitching or something. :'(

It's very likely because you have 2 ramps on one side and none on the other. When I make towns without a side beach I can only have 1 ramp on the south or it crashes until I change it back. (I now just don't touch the cliff corner and the acre with the dock at all, as both have given me so many issues.)

Unfortunately, even after doing this I'm still having issues with my current map. There's something the game doesn't like but I can't find the problem. S: And now the ram editor doesn't work so I'm stuck with an empty map with only 2 villagers (and 7 living on the cliff off the map) until I can stick the others back in. xD

JJarmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very likely because you have 2 ramps on one side and none on the other. When I make towns without a side beach I can only have 1 ramp on the south or it crashes until I change it back. (I now just don't touch the cliff corner and the acre with the dock at all, as both have given me so many issues.)

Unfortunately, even after doing this I'm still having issues with my current map. There's something the game doesn't like but I can't find the problem. S: And now the ram editor doesn't work so I'm stuck with an empty map with only 2 villagers (and 7 living on the cliff off the map) until I can stick the others back in. xD

That makes sense, but I thought the same and made another map with a ramp on the side instead of two in the front & it still crashed. I hope the RAM editor starts working again soon. It's silly but I lost sleep over stressing about this since I have restarted both of my towns and neither are what I want by default. :(

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
That makes sense, but I thought the same and made another map with a ramp on the side instead of two in the front & it still crashed. I hope the RAM editor starts working again soon. It's silly but I lost sleep over stressing about this since I have restarted both of my towns and neither are what I want by default. :(

One in the side and one in the front. You should edit your map part by part, like you edit an acre, you inject, if it doesn't crash you edit another acre, inject, etc.. until it breaks.
Also, try to remove a cobblestone acre, or move one, because they are all in the same line, it coulb be the thing that cause crashes

JJarmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One in the side and one in the front. You should edit your map part by part, like you edit an acre, you inject, if it doesn't crash you edit another acre, inject, etc.. until it breaks.
Also, try to remove a cobblestone acre, or move one, because they are all in the same line, it coulb be the thing that cause crashes

No, my unhacked town had them all in the same line and it was fine, that part is natural.
There was one on the side and the front. Still crashed... thank you so much though. Doing little bits at a time might be a good idea.

Jinglefruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Maybe it is just through changing too much at once. S: I assume you injected the town using injectors that aren't the original bit.ly? They seem to be a bit screwy. Have you tried now the bit.ly/acnl_inject is working again?

I hope the ram editor comes back soon too. I forgot to put my rocks back in one town. :P
If you still have the .bin files for the towns you want to keep you should still be able to inject them? I've got like 40 .bin files on my laptop with every town at all sorts of stages. :P

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
On and, I repeat my question, what is the villagers offset and the byte to make them in boxes (so they leave the town the next day) ?

edit: I did it, I now have two islands

1427923322-zlcfztmkbqgjuaf4kq.jpg

Reactions: cearp

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's wonderful, ayaya! Kippy will be happy. And don't worry, your explanation was great. :) I'll add your findings to our sheet.

YES. I never thought to use the time and change that to bytes, lol.

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people shouldn't inject and steal other people's towns by the dream address. there is so much progress with the/through hex editing, ram editor, map editor and the leaf tools to make your own ideal town. there's no need to steal. the dream address injecting and the image editor are the only two things that can turn really bad. :( if you're going to change your image, that's fine do what you want...but if you're going to the island..please be courteous and remember that there are children that play this game....

Geez, this is awful. The only reason I would dump a dream town would be to see what was in blocked off rooms (like the one in Aika) and possibly see how people do certain textures, like grass, and how they make it look so good. But I would never take the pattern as my own, and wouldn't steal someone's town. That's just awful. Should we put up a notice on the 1st page of the thread to warn people not to rip dream towns with the intent of stealing?

Reactions: matrix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy