Homebrew WIP SphiNX - Nintendo Switch emulator

lintu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to present a little project I've been working on recently during my spare time, and I feel now it's in a state where it can be shown.

I present "SphiNX", an experimental Nintendo Switch emulator for Windows.

I've been working on this emulator for about 1.2 months now and in it's current state it can boot some Homebrew applications (FPS may vary).

Screenshots

Homebrew
SpaceNX.PNG tetrisswitch.PNG

Retail Games
ARMS.png
ARMS

FAQ

Will this emulator be available for other operating systems than Windows? Yes, in the future I plan to make builds of the emulator for other operating systems like MacOS and Linux.

Where can I download this emulator? The emulator is not available for download yet but, will be once I feel it's ready to be publicly available.

Does it run any commercial games? Not from what I've seen so far. I'll update this thread if anything does start to work but for now, all I can say is Soon™.

Open source or closed source? Currently the emulator is closed source, as I don't want anyone stealing my work. This may change in the future.

Are you the only person working on this emulator? As of right now, yes. I have had a little help from some pals but, otherwise it's just me.

Super Mario Odyssey 4k60FPS? Haha, I personally hope to get Super Mario Odyssey working on this emulator eventually but, that might not be for awhile longer.

Last edited by lintu,

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
Not to hate or anything, but why did you start work on it alone when you can see 2 other open-source projects with much more helpers are developing emulators at much better speeds?
If there's more than one emulator, there's choice and specialization in what the emulator can do.
For example you can have an emulator that's meant for gaming and speed, and one that's meant for development purposes.

Reactions: Deleted_413010

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
huh? Why so? What's the problem with one more emulator?
Nothing at all, im just trying to understand why the user started making a brand new emulator from scratch closed-source by himself when he could either not, or help provide code to Ryujinx/Yuzu's Codebase?
It seems very impractical to try and compete in my opinion

Smash73

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Nothing at all, im just trying to understand why the user started making a brand new emulator from scratch closed-source by himself when he could either not, or help provide code to Ryujinx/Yuzu's Codebase?
It seems very impractical to try and compete in my opinion
I believe lintu can do.

spiderman1216

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
huh? Why so? What's the problem with one more emulator?
I think it's because this one is closed source, someone is working on it with barely any help, and likely with how much progress the other emulators are getting and are open source. This one might not take off as well.

Nothing wrong with one more emulator in fact if there were more emulator efforts for the current gen consoles that would be great but this one is pretty bizzare especially the reason for being closed source.

Like not wanting your work to be stolen that's understandable but isn't this a risk with yuzu and ryujinx and those emulators no offense but if I was a thief I wouldn't be stealing from someone with an emulator that's barely functioning I'll be stealing from the people that have an emulator that can do this

and

I feel like making it closed source early on without really offering anything that the other guys don't do is gonna hinder her progress on the emulator and considering what we have seen so far with this emulator

This thing is an eventual SMO it's going to be running 4k/60FPS

With how fast Ryujinx and Yuzu are going it's going to be 3 months.

spiderman1216

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
y'all seem to forget how cemu started off.
keep up the good work.
Except this isn't Cemu

Decaf the Open Source Emulator failed to do the job of the closed source one this is the reverse not saying she should stop work but open it up for other people to help.

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing intu has something to offer, why else would they take on such a project. I look forward to seeing this develop and hope you succeed.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@spiderman1216 , Closed source is far better. As you see how Cemu did it. Decaf is open source and now the project is dead. Something better is happening near future. I liked her work and I always giving her support to do it.
Conversely, both Yuzu and RyujiNX are open source and are making major progress almost literally on the daily

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all