Gaming Speed Racer The Video Game Countdown!

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
2 More Days before Speed Racer the Video Game comes out!

How's exited for the game? ANd most importantly, Who's exited for the movie!!!?!?!?

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sa1amandra said:
2 More Days before Speed Racer the Video Game comes out!

How's exited for the game? ANd most importantly, Who's exited for the movie!!!?!?!?
I'm not excited for the movie OR the game. Cartoon to movie to game doesn't sound like a good transfer.
dry.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm....game could be interesting, as could the movie. Then again, both could suck. Still, I am trying to find a decent racer for the DS besides MKDS (which I completely lost interest in once snaking was discovered), so I'm waiting for this to see if it will be any good. Maybe Speed Racer could be our new arcade-like racing game.

As for the movie, it looks cool for how it uses CGI for the racing parts....I'll check it out.

Knowing how development on the DS goes, it will likely have flaws that screw up the game.

Development on the DS HAS improved considerably over the years, so upcoming games COULD surprise you with their graphics and gameplay. Sure, you will have to deal with lots of shovelware and just-plain-crap games, but when a GOOD new DS game comes out, it's usually better technically than anything you've seen on the DS before. So who knows.
unsure.gif

Razorwing

Elite Four Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Must admit I have high hopes for this game. I've seen a couple of trailers and it looks like it has a lot of promise. It's not quite as fast as F-Zero but it does look like something that should be challenging enough keep me entertained for a while.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing the 3D version of the mobile game, its pretty nice with lots of bending roads and lots of jumps. I usually only like mobile games that have one button controls but this controlled quite well. Its also quite fast too.

If the DS version isn't better than I'll be pissed off as well the mobile version costs £3 while the DS version £24.99. The Wii version should be very good too.

Expecting it to be at least average.

The film has got very positive reviews over here, apparently its very trippy and has brilliant visuals.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have fairly high hopes for the movie as it looks like it could be good. I WANT the game to be cool, but my movie-based game expectations are always so low, anything decent would be a pleasant surprise.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally I'm really upset about the movie--the trailers I've seen look like TRASH. I haven't seen any ads or anything for the game--thanks to my reclusive tendencies--but I hope both are semi-halfway decent because I used to watch and enjoy this show at night on CN.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
Personally I'm really upset about the movie--the trailers I've seen look like TRASH.
Hollywood has a way of promoting movies that (to me) makes every last one look horrible, even the ones that turn out to be good. Every ad I see for every movie makes me want to avoid it like the plague.

I have to say, the ads I've seen for this movie make it look worse than the average crap, but who knows. It's not like the cartoon was awesome, and they're ruining a great franchise. Speed Racer was good because it was so bad.

ndpndnt16

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys dragonball z movie is also coming!!!speed racer movie is also coming!!!iron man movie is also coming!!!alot of games-to-movie,movie-to-games,cartoon-movie-to-games lol

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ndpndnt16 said:
hey guys dragonball z movie is also coming!!!speed racer movie is also coming!!!iron man movie is also coming!!!alot of games-to-movie,movie-to-games,cartoon-movie-to-games lol

That reminds me! There's gonna be a live action Dragonball movie.
biggrin.gif
Of course, I'm not a fan of Dragonball but still...

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
The trailers for the movie look like someone threw up an entire bag of Starbursts across the screen. But I'll reserve judgment when I actually see the movie. The Wachowski's have made 2 good movies (V for Vendetta and Bound) and one brilliant one (The Matrix... but I have to keep telling myself that there are no sequels to it).

If the game delivers an F-zero like game then I'll be there. Mind you the Wachowski's had their hands deep in all the Matrix games and they all sucked.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MagNetCZ said:
I wonder if it really was released today or will be released on the 9th along with the movies.
Ships today. In stores tomorrow?

We'll probably get the Euro one first, seems to be the thing nowadays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay