Speed Racer The Video Game Countdown!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by sa1amandra, May 4, 2008.

May 4, 2008
  1. sa1amandra
    OP

Member sa1amandra Gazzaro Launching!

Canada
    2 More Days before Speed Racer the Video Game comes out!

How's exited for the game? ANd most importantly, Who's exited for the movie!!!?!?!?

2. cupajoe

Member cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    I'm not excited for the movie OR the game. Cartoon to movie to game doesn't sound like a good transfer. [​IMG]

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Hmm....game could be interesting, as could the movie. Then again, both could suck. Still, I am trying to find a decent racer for the DS besides MKDS (which I completely lost interest in once snaking was discovered), so I'm waiting for this to see if it will be any good. Maybe Speed Racer could be our new arcade-like racing game.

As for the movie, it looks cool for how it uses CGI for the racing parts....I'll check it out.

Knowing how development on the DS goes, it will likely have flaws that screw up the game.

Development on the DS HAS improved considerably over the years, so upcoming games COULD surprise you with their graphics and gameplay. Sure, you will have to deal with lots of shovelware and just-plain-crap games, but when a GOOD new DS game comes out, it's usually better technically than anything you've seen on the DS before. So who knows. [​IMG]

4. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    saw the trailer for the movie when i saw iron man and it looked like such a wiener 5 year old movie but had amazing animation.

5. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I remember watching an anime version of this and enjoyed it when i was 13. The car had lots of shitty cheating weapons.

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The old arcade version of Speed Racer was great. I don't have high hopes for this one though; Hollywood will have its filthy fingerprints all over it.

7. Razorwing

Member Razorwing Elite Four Member

United Kingdom
    Must admit I have high hopes for this game. I've seen a couple of trailers and it looks like it has a lot of promise. It's not quite as fast as F-Zero but it does look like something that should be challenging enough keep me entertained for a while.

8. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Been playing the 3D version of the mobile game, its pretty nice with lots of bending roads and lots of jumps. I usually only like mobile games that have one button controls but this controlled quite well. Its also quite fast too.

If the DS version isn't better than I'll be pissed off as well the mobile version costs £3 while the DS version £24.99. The Wii version should be very good too.

Expecting it to be at least average.

The film has got very positive reviews over here, apparently its very trippy and has brilliant visuals.

9. SleepingDragon

Member SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have fairly high hopes for the movie as it looks like it could be good. I WANT the game to be cool, but my movie-based game expectations are always so low, anything decent would be a pleasant surprise.

10. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    i can't say i'm excited at all. chances are they are both gonna suck and i'ma buy the game just to burn it.

11. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I think someone should port hydro thunder... i loved that game

but this one looks interesting, too

12. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    Personally I'm really upset about the movie--the trailers I've seen look like TRASH. I haven't seen any ads or anything for the game--thanks to my reclusive tendencies--but I hope both are semi-halfway decent because I used to watch and enjoy this show at night on CN.

13. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Hollywood has a way of promoting movies that (to me) makes every last one look horrible, even the ones that turn out to be good. Every ad I see for every movie makes me want to avoid it like the plague.

I have to say, the ads I've seen for this movie make it look worse than the average crap, but who knows. It's not like the cartoon was awesome, and they're ruining a great franchise. Speed Racer was good because it was so bad.

14. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I'm thinking the movie is going to suck bad, the trailers I've seen make the movie seem like the cheesiest piece of crap to come out in a long time.

Good CGI... looked like poop to me?

15. JSalcedo

Newcomer JSalcedo Member

United States
    Games that are made from movies tend to suck [​IMG] so I really wouldn't get your hopes up lol.

16. ndpndnt16

Member ndpndnt16 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    hey guys dragonball z movie is also coming!!!speed racer movie is also coming!!!iron man movie is also coming!!!alot of games-to-movie,movie-to-games,cartoon-movie-to-games lol

17. distorted.freque

Member distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Canada
    That reminds me! There's gonna be a live action Dragonball movie. [​IMG] Of course, I'm not a fan of Dragonball but still...

18. matriculated

Member matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    The trailers for the movie look like someone threw up an entire bag of Starbursts across the screen. But I'll reserve judgment when I actually see the movie. The Wachowski's have made 2 good movies (V for Vendetta and Bound) and one brilliant one (The Matrix... but I have to keep telling myself that there are no sequels to it).

If the game delivers an F-zero like game then I'll be there. Mind you the Wachowski's had their hands deep in all the Matrix games and they all sucked.

19. MagNetCZ

Member MagNetCZ GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    I wonder if it really was released today or will be released on the 9th along with the movies.

20. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Ships today. In stores tomorrow?

We'll probably get the Euro one first, seems to be the thing nowadays.