Hacking [SPECULATION] SSSpwn allows kernel access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
easiest way to understand it is if all games where free how many would you "get".....now if there was no way to get them free how many do you suppose these people who got them free previously would buy.....a hell of a lot less right?, i find it funny when people say 1 download =1 lost sale.....truth is i would say a huge majority of those downloads would never ever of been a lost sale, so even if lets say 20% of people where pirates on a specific console......of that 20% there would probably be a very small loss of actual real sales, the kind of people who have the money spare to buy games do just that.....people who dont have the spare cash wouldn't of been buying them in the first place....and even of that very small remain "lost sale " category only a tiny tiny slice of that already small group would of been buying the game brand new....and we all know second hand sales = no money to the developers........so all in all the people who should really be complaining are gamestop etc as they are the only people really loosing out in the grand scheme of things

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
easiest way to understand it is if all games where free how many would you "get".....now if there was no way to get them free how many do you suppose these people who got them free previously would buy.....a hell of a lot less right?, i find it funny when people say 1 download =1 lost sale.....truth is i would say a huge majority of those downloads would never ever of been a lost sale, so even if lets say 20% of people where pirates on a specific console......of that 20% there would probably be a very small loss of actual real sales, the kind of people who have the money spare to buy games do just that.....people who dont have the spare cash wouldn't of been buying them in the first place....and even of that very small remain "lost sale " category only a tiny tiny slice of that already small group would of been buying the game brand new....and we all know second hand sales = no money to the developers........so all in all the people who should really be complaining are gamestop etc as they are the only people really loosing out in the grand scheme of things
We should head back to the topic, but I'll just end my tirade by saying that there's no such thing as a "lost sale", either a sale was made or it wasn't. There are no grounds on which someone could claim "well, if not for piracy, person X would totally give me his money!", on the same basis I could sue my relatives for every single time I missed my allowance as a kid - that's my lost profit! ;O;

tl;dr "Profit that you haven't made isn't lost, you just haven't made it".

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's how the cookie crumbles - people who pirate don't buy games. If they do, they buy them sporadically and only go for major releases. Your average pirate simply won't invest in a system on which he/she can't pirate, that's just logical. Arguing otherwise is like arguing that people allergic to tomatoes cause "lost sales" in the vegetable business by not buying tomatoes.

I have bought many game's from Nintendo last year, Legend of Zelda, The - A Link Between Worlds , Bravely default , DOA dimemtions , resident evil revelations , Super Mario 3D land , Mario cart , est .

Bought a 2DS now moved onto 3DS XL but firmware over the 4.x .

Bought from Eshop legend of zelda nes remake was disappointed when to find out the top screen was Not stretched / wide :wtf:

"It would be nice to get a little comeback" With games added onto my 3DS XL SDHC card now, so don't what them for pirate resions , just so they are there and I have had pay ed 4 .

Just saying .

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have bought many game's from Nintendo last year, Legend of Zelda, The - A Link Between Worlds , Bravely default , DOA dimemtions , resident evil revelations , Super Mario 3D land , Mario cart , est . Bought a 2DS now moved onto 3DS XL but firmware over the 4.x . Bought from Eshop legend of zelda nes remake was disappointed when to find out the top screen was Not stretched / wide :wtf: "It would be nice to get a little comeback" With games added onto my 3DS XL SDHC card now, so don't what them for pirate resions , just so they are there and I have had pay ed 4 . Just saying .
That means you just grew out of your previous habit of piracy, as many people do once they become self-sustainable and have the income to support their rather expensive gaming hobby. I used to pirate everything myself - nowadays I don't. I actively use three systems - a PS3, a PSVita and a 3DS, they're all up-to-date. I only have a backup device for my 3DS because it was sent to me for testing. I also plan on buying a PS4 in the nearby future and I have no plans for pirating anything on it, regardless of whether such an option arises or not. I'm not negating the fact that pirates can be "rehabilitated", what I'm saying is that active pirates pirate because they're active pirates.
I'll tell you what is hurting sales more then piracy its the bloody DLC's you have to buy constantly.
Myeh. I liked DLC before it was DLC and people called it
"Expansion Packs" or "Mission Packs" instead. If I "like" a game and I want "more" of it then I'm glad I have the option to expand. :P

Reactions: drwhojan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That means you just grew out of your previous habit of piracy, as many people do once they become self-sustainable and have the income to support their rather expensive gaming hobby. I used to pirate everything myself - nowadays I don't. I actively use three systems - a PS3, a PSVita and a 3DS, they're all up-to-date. I only have a backup device for my 3DS because it was sent to me for testing. I also plan on buying a PS4 in the nearby future and I have no plans for pirating anything on it, regardless of whether such an option arises or not. I'm not negating the fact that pirates can be "rehabilitated", what I'm saying is that active pirates pirate because they're active pirates.
Myeh. I liked DLC before it was DLC and people called it "Expansion Packs" or "Mission Packs" instead. If I "like" a game and I want "more" of it then I'm glad I have the option to expand. :P

I just enjoyed the hacking side of things , DS was easier but had a lot to learn , 3ds Fing hell xd another level way beyond me .

Yes have a little more income, but UK hit a little hard this year/last to many , council tax , bedroom tax some have lost homes cause of this, est, 1.7 billion owed to EU, But no not "Mansion tax" ... they don't like that suggested do they :P xd .

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just enjoyed the hacking side of things , DS was easier but had a lot to learn , 3ds Fing hell xd another level way beyond me . Yes have a little more income, but UK hit a little hard this year/last to many , council tax , bedroom tax some have lost homes cause of this, est, 1.7 billion owed to EU, But no not "Mansion tax" ... they don't like that suggested do they :P xd .
Well, if not for flashcarts, I would never have a single reason to learn how to code in C, so I suppose piracy devices were a learning experience for me - now I can actually work my way through some basic code. There's definitely some educational value to having a hacked console if you're interested in Homebrew. :yay:

Reactions: drwhojan

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll tell you what is hurting sales more then piracy its the bloody DLC's you have to buy constantly.

Except those earn them MORE money. If having a fuckload of DLC hurt sales so much, publishers would have stopped doing that ages ago. Same with microtransactions.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Except those earn them MORE money. If having a fuckload of DLC hurt sales so much, publishers would have stopped doing that ages ago. Same with microtransactions.
Microtransactions are the new way to sell games that are of rock-bottom quality. Since they're mostly free to play, your expectations are close to zero and if the game is playable even to a minimal degree, there's going to be some people who end up buying items, often times exceeding the value of the actual software, or even a retail price of a full game.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, if not for flashcarts, I would never have a single reason to learn how to code in C, so I suppose piracy devices were a learning experience for me - now I can actually work my way through some basic code. There's definitely some educational value to having a hacked console if you're interested in Homebrew. :yay:

Yep is right :) , each is to our own , I could get into the C I suppose ;) , But I just can read the NDS games HEX in reverse , can read some of the original R4 flashcard kernal ysmenu

Homebrew not know much, but will need to bit by bit .

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
this topic is getting way off topic! some of you guys need to just sit back and relax.

2vcfd5k.jpg

I envy you T_T

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Redirect nand access of cubic ninja on the sd card and load other backup require kernel mode?
we dont know how smealum intends do to it now. maybe its an hotswap, he somehow gets the system to think that the card is still insertet if it isnt and once you press an button the programm will load the main file of the new card as usual. The 3ds may still think its playing cubic ninja and runs the new game withou checking anything. But this is just my guess/theorie and more then likely very very far of.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
we dont know how smealum intends do to it now. maybe its an hotswap, he somehow gets the system to think that the card is still insertet if it isnt and once you press an button the programm will load the main file of the new card as usual. The 3ds may still think its playing cubic ninja and runs the new game withou checking anything. But this is just my guess/theorie and more then likely very very far of.

If you remove the cartridge from the 3DS, he HB_L closes and the 3DS resets itself

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you remove the cartridge from the 3DS, he HB_L closes and the 3DS resets itself
yep that the norm but maybe he found a way to softlock the system so it wont realise its removed and goes on normal once a button is pressed, but this is highly speculative and doesnt have to be true at all.
Which it mostlikely isnt xD

Reactions: ChrisX930

Nyannurs

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
guyss seriously
its obvious that giovanifag is attentionwhorin
"guis i got axes tu ckernel wit sspawn XD"
please

Status