Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyons

tyons GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    lol thanks for your time but I wasn't asking for a recap for myself >_>
    I was asking for a mod or admin to make a last recap post and close the thread.

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 Endless Trash
    Global Moderator

Poland
    If as a species we haven't succeeded in explaining how crop circles are not made by alien spaceships and vaccines don't cause autism, I sincerely doubt that we'll explain how an exploit doesn't have kernel access because for an outsider it just looks like magic woogie-boogie anyways. Everyone will just keep believing whatever they want to believe, no point in arguing. The person who literally coded the exploit and the menu clearly stated that it doesn't work at kernel level, the source for the loader is public and does not specify kernel-level activity at any point, I don't think there's anything you can do do top that as far as evidence is concerned.

3. tyons

tyons GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    well but it helps to put the explanation(s) in a last post for curious people to read. we can't stop trying to fight ignorance*.

*I don't know if there's a better term in english

4. dontay0100

dontay0100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The PSP was dead to begin with, terrible to no games at all. If you ask me the vita is in the same situation. When darkalex broke open the system it was glorious. He did it for the community something i wish these so called modern devs would do. But its all about the money!! Anyways so ready for a 3D player for homebrew :)

5. gudenau

gudenau Largely ignored

United States
    If I had a consle, evrything but the store and drm stuff would be open...

6. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    smea has ds mode entrypoint
    GW has ds mode entrypoint

smea had red nand
    GW has emunand

smea has 9.x exploit
    GW has 9.x exploit

goianyfy releases devmen cfw
    GW released devmen cfw

gateway team was rumored to be from france
    certain few developers are also from france

i have seen reported atleast once here communication between smea and GW team

who is to say there is not one group ,GW and everyone else are the same or they sold it to them

>people are afraid to release anything under real identity now cause of geohot and FO
    >but want notoriety
    >release public limited exploit

>release a free HB version and pay "piracy" version

>could leak full kernel control exploit anon, but hey why not do it anon(nobody knows who GW team actually are)AND make a few bucks on the side
    make "pirates" pay give free HB to everyone else who wont pay

except we need to be on latest fw to play cart games too and if it gets patched next update then people who want HB will have to chose between a 3ds than can be used to play games or having a 3ds than can only be used for HB

better that any 9x kernel exploit is held till a) new3ds has full release and we know if it is on exploitable FW
    or b)till it gets patched by N

i think sky is some wildcard that came in to he scene out of the blue and fucked all the plans of holding everything till the new hardware was released on all regions or maybe they have got assurances just now that new3ds will have a certain FW from an inside leak

EDIT: oh btw i keep getting this gbatemp server error msg
    "post not speculative enough for this thread"
    WTF

smealum likes this.
  7. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States

Didn't know you were a programming expert and knew the ins and outs of his exploit.

8. reaper527

reaper527 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    on a portable system, the ability to put multiple game on one cart to prevent the need for switching (and by extension, the risk of losing a cart, which is MUCH easier than losing a disc based home console game since the carts are traveling who knows where instead of just sitting on a shelf) is definitely a legitimate and useful case for an iso loader.

you can pretend there aren't any legitimate uses for an iso loader all you want, but at the end of the day, you'd be wrong.

9. filfat

filfat Musician, Developer & Entrepreneur

Sweden
    Well, that isn't a valid point because you can buy the games from Eshop ;)

10. gypsynimrod

gypsynimrod Banned
    Banned

Fiji

This is...not the margin I defined? The margin of error was labeled. I'm really not sure how the sales and the amount of them works into the margin of error being increased by heightened variables across the board.

11. reaper527

reaper527 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yeah, for double the going rate for a game, if the game shows up on the eshop at all. buying digital is a scam.

12. Foxi4

Foxi4 Endless Trash
    Global Moderator

Poland
    Here's my point - yes, there is a margin of error involved as you can perform offline installations and yes, there are alternative CFW's (which are mostly defunct now, so I defined "height of popularity" as a reference point) as well as modchips (complete abandonia at this point), but that still does not disprove my case because the inaccuracy required to prove your point would have to be astounding. Bulletpoints:
    • Pro CFW averages at around 1.5-2 million downloads per revision, some of those are duplicates and not unique downloads (I myself must've downloaded it 10 times testing various things)
    • There are aprox. 80 million PSP's in the wild
    • I define "substantial chunk of active units" at around 15-20 per cent of total units
    • 20% of 80 million is 16 million
    Now, by your logic, offline installations and alternative methods are the margin of error. Pro CFW is downloaded about 2 million times, let's be generous for the sake of an argument, and it is the dominant method of PSP modification at present. Let's account for the alternatives by adding an even more generous 2 million of users who simply never updated or use different CFW's, or even modchips, we have 4 million. Now, let's teleport to a perfect world where every download equals 1 installation or more (which it most certainly does not, but let's give this theory of yours the benefit of the doubt). Unless you can guarantee that every download was installed on at least 4 machines, we're not even reaching the 20% mark, which I would treat as substantial, and there's still 64 million completely unmodified systems in the wild.

Can you see what I'm saying now?
    What a load of rubbish. :rofl2:

13. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
  14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

43.5% of all people don't know that 87.23% of all percentages on the internet are just pulled out of a hat to try substantiate claims

15. Foxi4

Foxi4 Endless Trash
    Global Moderator

Poland
    This was really just an exercise in futility - the claim that piracy ruins systems or causes "lost sales" is outlandish in and out of itself. :rofl2:

16. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Lol at those that think piracy ruins consoles :rofl2:

drwhojan likes this.
  17. Foxi4

Foxi4 Endless Trash
    Global Moderator

Poland
    Here's how the cookie crumbles - people who pirate don't buy games. If they do, they buy them sporadically and only go for major releases. Your average pirate simply won't invest in a system on which he/she can't pirate, that's just logical. Arguing otherwise is like arguing that people allergic to tomatoes cause "lost sales" in the vegetable business by not buying tomatoes.

tyons and drwhojan like this.
  18. this topic is getting way off topic! some of you guys need to just sit back and relax.

[​IMG]

19. Foxi4

Foxi4 Endless Trash
    Global Moderator

Poland
    Cubic Ninja²? Now that's mighty-square! :rofl2:

the_randomizer likes this.
  20. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Cubic Ninja² = SSSpwn² = Userland²=Kernel Accses!!!
    I solved it, yay.

Ra1d and Deleted-355425 like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [SPECULATION], SSSpwn, allows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.