Hacking [SPECULATION] SSSpwn allows kernel access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyannurs

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We should make Dolan comics about all this
aeaeaf98d5.png

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a 9.2 3ds I did the smealum exploit and I ran that file that launches from the blue card, for gateway. The thing started doing stuff. Now when i select profile from settings I get the gateway thing on the top screen but thats it. My version still doesnt say GW firmware version.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just got a 9.2 3ds I did the smealum exploit and I ran that file that launches from the blue card, for gateway. The thing started doing stuff. Now when i select profile from settings I get the gateway thing on the top screen but thats it. My version still doesnt say GW firmware version.

Gateway doesn't work on 9.2

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, I think this topic has gone its course. Locked for the time being (mods can unlock if they see fit and remove this post).

To sum up the whole thread:

Ninjhax and SSSPwn cannot grant kernel access in their current form due to limitations of the exploits themselves (READ: They're user land exploits).
Theoretically one could use one of the exploits for more than user land, but this would require reverse engineering the exploit and finding out whether something else could be done. If this was to happen, we would not be talking about Ninjhax and SSSPwn exploits, but something new.
Smea will release the source for the exploit once the exploit has been blocked by a firmware update.

If someone has more to add to this final post, pm me or a moderator who will edit the post.

Reactions: tyons and amoulton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress