Hacking [SPECULATION] Current State of Affairs for 3DS Flash Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Tbf, there was actually some supposed inside information posted earlier but even then, there's no evidence to support it.

bfi1395584059t.jpg
i can fake emails too ;)
well to end this as i dont see anything coming from conspiracies theoris i will officially call it dead upon may ,end of story for my site and no i dont belive that they got in so much trouble to ensure that cloners couldnt copy and retain a name and later drop of so untill then ...

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i can fake emails too ;)
well to end this as i dont see anything coming from conspiracies theoris i will officially call it dead upon may ,end of story for my site and no i dont belive that they got in so much trouble to ensure that cloners couldnt copy and retain a name and later drop of so untill then ...

That's what I'm saying, even if there is actual inside information posted, there's no proving whether it's fake or not anyway, so all this is ever going to be is speculation, there will never be any solid proof.

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The CPU is a lie.

I remember that we and Mr. Pichu talked about it some months ago. It's just the regular FPGA all flashcards have.

You could name the microcontroller a CPU (it is basically a CPU), but true. All the work is done by the FPGA. The microcontroller is just to update the FPGA over USB. All the promised features are done by the FPGA.

Stormwolf64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's what I'm saying, even if there is actual inside information posted, there's no proving whether it's fake or not anyway, so all this is ever going to be is speculation, there will never be any solid proof.

Which i've said all along. All you can do is compare business locations and see if both are close to each other.

Gabbo04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
From the new website evo3ds.com if you click on Contacts there's an e-mail address available: [email protected]

Is someone looking to get more info asking to them indirect questions?

Stormwolf64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They might just be looking through forums like these to see what people think about their up and coming card, so they're probably being a bit cautious.

As someone pointed out in the other thread. Look at their white background and compare to Gateways. I can't do anything but laugh really.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Code:
Domain Name: EVO3DS.COM
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.55hl.com
Registrar URL: http://www.55hl.com
Updated Date: 2014-1-7 11:46:00
Creation Date: 2014-1-7 11:45:32
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-1-7 11:45:32
Registrar: JIANGSU BANGNING SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY CO. LTD
Registrar IANA ID: 1469
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +86.025-86883426-1009
Reseller:
Domain Status: ok
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: zhang xiansheng zhang xiansheng
Registrant Organization: niu derun
Registrant Street: shenzhen Chegongmiao 210 dong xizuo 2e2f
Registrant City: shen zhen
Registrant State/Province: Guangdong
Registrant Postal Code: 518000
Registrant Country: CN
Registrant Phone: +86.075582568050
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +86.075582568060
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: zhang xiansheng zhang xiansheng
Admin Organization: niu derun
Admin Street: shenzhen Chegongmiao 210 dong xizuo 2e2f
Admin City: shen zhen
Admin State/Province: Guangdong
Admin Postal Code: 518000
Admin Country: CN
Admin Phone: +86.075582568050
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +86.075582568060
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email:
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: zhang xiansheng zhang xiansheng
Tech Organization: niu derun
Tech Street: shenzhen Chegongmiao 210 dong xizuo 2e2f
Tech City: shen zhen
Tech State/Province: Guangdong
Tech Postal Code: 518000
Tech Country: CN
Tech Phone: +86.075582568050
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +86.075582568060
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email:
Name Server: ns1.4cun.com
Name Server: ns2.4cun.com
DNSSEC: Unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/

Billing ID:
Billing Name: zhang xiansheng zhang xiansheng
Billing Organization: niu derun
Billing Street: shenzhen Chegongmiao 210 dong xizuo 2e2f
Billing City: shen zhen
Billing State/Province: Guangdong
Billing Postal Code: 518000
Billing Country: CN
Billing Phone: +86.075582568050
Billing Phone Ext:
Billing Fax: +86.075582568060
Billing Fax Ext:
Billing Email:

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Guys, in regards to smealum's twitter post about system menu 6.3, I think it's noteworthy to mention he posted shortly after saying he was purely just curious to see how many people had a 3DS with 6.3........... This was a while ago now, and everyone he knows he posts a lot on there, you'll be scrolling for a while so feel free to scourer his feed but I'm not doing it, LOL!

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are there really enough people that kept their 3DSes in a firmware that is not compatible with any flashcards and doesn't allow access to the eShop? I seriously doubt it. In my case, as I own a flashcard already, I wouldn't rush and buy a new one unless it supports the actual latest firmware. 7.1 or GTFO.

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well I currently own 2 3DS XL systems with 4.5 and 6.3 firmwares. I'm glad I decided to wait before buying any flashcard, since it seems that new cards with new features pop up every now and then, so I'm just gonna wait a bit and see where this goes. I wanted to buy gateway card , but their recent lack of support is suspicious , and there seems to be quite strong competition for them right now. Let's not forget that we don't actually know if the card in gateway's 2.0 FW videos is actually a GW card that users bought - it has the same sticker but what about the inside ? For now it's just speculations, but I guess better times are coming for users that want to use flashcards on their 3ds' :)

Reactions: jrr6415sun

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten any real proof of an email from gateway lately? As hard as it is to believe, all the evidence points in the direction that gateway is being abandoned. In my opinion, if something isn't released by april 1st, then I am going to assume they abandoned the project.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Are there really enough people that kept their 3DSes in a firmware that is not compatible with any flashcards and doesn't allow access to the eShop? I seriously doubt it. In my case, as I own a flashcard already, I wouldn't rush and buy a new one unless it supports the actual latest firmware. 7.1 or GTFO.
Quite simply, it would allow the card to work on pretty much any new console you can buy, not so much about people who stayed on 6.x, but widening the available console market, no more "check the serial and copywrite year" bs

In regards to that "email proof" that just crap, if gateway where jumping ship the last people they would tell would be resellers, that just like shooting yourself in the foot, reseller wouldn't buy the new cards in as they are now lumbered with a bunch of obsolete cards to try shift, and they would be extremely hesitant to ever buy the new card in any big numbers in case the makers decide to just drop that card too

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Good morning everybody!

It seems that this thread is healthy with debate. This is the whole point of this thread. To foster communication between members and to provide and idea of what's currently going on. However the basis of any arguments requires the use of the information at hand. To give an example, when presented with a pen that appears to be red. Perhaps both parties could make use of the available information to form their arguments instead of just simply yelling "No this pen isn't!". I see that a few of you are simply saying "pffft. rubbish. eat my shorts." To that, kudos for your null contribution. I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong, but its... a tad to short. I'll love for you to come up with more support. Any information that you provide will be added to the main post.

As for the conspiracy bits, yes. There will always be conspiracy theorists. I'm simply providing the information that is currently available so people might make sense of what they think is going on.

This information that I have presented especially the leak bit is not verified. I explicitly said so, I'm just providing the whole account of the leak and a brief history of the leaker. Do not treat this as fact. It's just a probable fact but not definitive fact. As for the solid proof, I don't believe there will ever be any straight evidence unless some member of the GW team decided to do an exposé.

Now lastly, some of you may have been convinced that its utter bull due to the lack of the mythical CPU. It could simply be a translation error. I chose the word CPU because it was on the MT-card website. More accurately, the original untranslated version means something like chip or chipset. I just chose the word CPU for context to the website. The website also probably chose CPU due to translation issues as well. CPU sounds more impressive than chip. Heck, I've even seen chinese portable battery chargers to be advertised with having a quad core CPU inside to prevent over charging.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
All the "leaks" appear to be nothing more than drama seekers making "evidence" without actually providing anything that a 10 year old on a computer couldn't come up with.

The only thing that somewhat looks damning to me is the disappearance of gateway and sudden emergence on a "new" card with pretty much every feature 2.0 was supposed to have, maybe it's all just coincidence, personally i think it all looks fishy

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning everybody!

It seems that this thread is healthy with debate. This is the whole point of this thread. To foster communication between members and to provide and idea of what's currently going on. However the basis of any arguments requires the use of the information at hand. To give an example, when presented with a pen that appears to be red. Perhaps both parties could make use of the available information to form their arguments instead of just simply yelling "No this pen isn't!". I see that a few of you are simply saying "pffft. rubbish. eat my shorts." To that, kudos for your null contribution. I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong, but its... a tad to short. I'll love for you to come up with more support. Any information that you provide will be added to the main post.

As for the conspiracy bits, yes. There will always be conspiracy theorists. I'm simply providing the information that is currently available so people might make sense of what they think is going on.

This information that I have presented especially the leak bit is not verified. I explicitly said so, I'm just providing the whole account of the leak and a brief history of the leaker. Do not treat this as fact. It's just a probable fact but not definitive fact. As for the solid proof, I don't believe there will ever be any straight evidence unless some member of the GW team decided to do an exposé.

Now lastly, some of you may have been convinced that its utter bull due to the lack of the mythical CPU. It could simply be a translation error. I chose the word CPU because it was on the MT-card website. More accurately, the original untranslated version means something like chip or chipset. I just chose the word CPU for context to the website. The website also probably chose CPU due to translation issues as well. CPU sounds more impressive than chip. Heck, I've even seen chinese portable battery chargers to be advertised with having a quad core CPU inside to prevent over charging.

See, the problem I have here is that one one hand, I respect the fact that you gathered this information together into one giant thread, but the problem with me is that, as a Reporter, you have users mistaking this as "news" and getting their jimmies all rustled for no reason. They're pulling correlations from a list that may not be true! I honestly just wanna shout, correlation not imply causation, even in the face of the stuff you've gathered. We can't say for sure, no one can! :P From where I see it, this speculation is just causing some more wildfires that could have easily been contained. :P It's easily possible to argue that Gateway could have departed the scene and ran off with the money and product, but on the other hand, you have those who still wish to believe that Gateway is some holy-shit-mother-of-God company where whatever promises they make will always be kept. Which is unfortunate because the only ones who know are Gateway themselves about what happened, with one aspect considering poor retrofan_k being left in the dark with his bricked console progress as he sent in his unit.

From where I see it, this company still has a chance though. They were the original creators of a high-quality and high standards chip that was capable of running the exploit, but they've tarnished their name with the brick code in beta 2.0 b2 and refused to really acknowledge (besides snippets and hints) that problems were at hand. From my side, I just don't see where starting a new company or chip would go as they've already built up a solid fan base from what I have seen here and on MaxConsole. Have they broken promises? Sure, but who hasn't in the business world. Things do happen, and who knows, maybe Gateway would actually come forth and make something, and suddenly everyone is like, PRAISE GATEWAY AND EVERY CHIP UNDER THE SUN.

Reactions: gamefan5

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
All the "leaks" appear to be nothing more than drama seekers making "evidence" without actually providing anything that a 10 year old on a computer couldn't come up with.

The only thing that somewhat looks damning to me is the disappearance of gateway and sudden emergence on a "new" card with pretty much every feature 2.0 was supposed to have, maybe it's all just coincidence, personally i think it all looks fishy

Yes. This remains a possibility. However, the chinese leak might have some truth to it owning that he was supposedly right about the introduction of the MT card. Again, there retains the possibility that he's just seeking an extra five minutes of fame with this recent leak. But to simplify things, let us assume that the reasons he is making leaks are irrelevant and focus on the contents of the leak. The thing is, when you cross reference some bits in the leak with other known information, they seem to reinforce each other rather than disproving. Everything is up there in the main post.

See, the problem I have here is that one one hand, I respect the fact that you gathered this information together into one giant thread, but the problem with me is that, as a Reporter, you have users mistaking this as "news" and getting their jimmies all rustled for no reason. They're pulling correlations from a list that may not be true! I honestly just wanna shout, correlation not imply causation, even in the face of the stuff you've gathered. We can't say for sure, no one can! :P From where I see it, this speculation is just causing some more wildfires that could have easily been contained. :P It's easily possible to argue that Gateway could have departed the scene and ran off with the money and product, but on the other hand, you have those who still wish to believe that Gateway is some holy-shit-mother-of-God company where whatever promises they make will always be kept. Which is unfortunate because the only ones who know are Gateway themselves about what happened, with one aspect considering poor retrofan_k being left in the dark with his bricked console progress as he sent in his unit.

From where I see it, this company still has a chance though. They were the original creators of a high-quality and high standards chip that was capable of running the exploit, but they've tarnished their name with the brick code in beta 2.0 b2 and refused to really acknowledge (besides snippets and hints) that problems were at hand. From my side, I just don't see where starting a new company or chip would go as they've already built up a solid fan base from what I have seen here and on MaxConsole. Have they broken promises? Sure, but who hasn't in the business world. Things do happen, and who knows, maybe Gateway would actually come forth and make something, and suddenly everyone is like, PRAISE GATEWAY AND EVERY CHIP UNDER THE SUN.

Yes. I absolutely agree. Human beings have a tendency to bend facts to their beliefs. However keeping them in the dark in my opinion is far worse than allowing them to fumble about with knowledge. The dark ages were absolute rubbish.

Sure, GW still has a chance but it is not looking good for them. GW does not follow the stereotypical business mode, I find it hard to compare them to traditional businesses. Until I had collated all the information into this giant thread, most users were scratching their heads wondering whats going on. Well, I've compiled the currently available information to give a broad overview of current events. Its essentially like I'm reporting earthquakes in Europe, flash floods in china, hurricanes in the US and people interpreting the whole darn thing as Armageddon. It's inevitable that some people think that way but are they better off not knowing about world events? In my opinion, not really.

To cap it off though, could you or one of the mods change the thread title to "NotAllFacts but Current State of Affairs for 3DS Flash Cards." That should be in-your-face enough so people know these aren't all facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ