ROM Hack Spectral Force Genesis translation

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I've gone through most of the names all over again and fixed 90% of them, hope I was of some help. A lot of the names were... literal translations... Anyway, I hope I didn't impose on anything, I was just trying to fix up the names for you :]

Oh, no need to feel you're imposing. That's the reason I put it out there... what one person might think is right could be totally way off XD Especially with a huge list of names like that, its easy to slip up a little. Thanks a bunch though!

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PHEW! Been working on this thing literally all day and night XD Finally got to a point that I thought satisfactory enough to release an initial patch. *points to main post!*

cmccmc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um when exactly are you supposed to see the first word of english because i've played for about ten minutes and seen nothing.

cmccmc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
cmccmc said:
Um when exactly are you supposed to see the first word of english because i've played for about ten minutes and seen nothing.
Probably the dialogues have yet to be translated.

no I mean I havent seen ANYTHING thats in english, NOTHING!

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o_o that's really weird.. did the patching process go okay? You can try using a manual patcher like ppf-o-matic to patch the rom. I tested out the patcher that I put in the zip file and it worked just fine for me. As for what was translated though, its just the basics pretty much... none of the story dialogue yet.

EDIT:

cmccmc, if you are still having problems, I have updated the links in the first post with a new zip. This contains a new .bat file which will hopefully help figure out why yours wasn't patched correctly. If it still doesn't work, please copy and paste what the .bat says when you run it :3

cmccmc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xvirus said:
o_o that's really weird.. did the patching process go okay? You can try using a manual patcher like ppf-o-matic to patch the rom. I tested out the patcher that I put in the zip file and it worked just fine for me. As for what was translated though, its just the basics pretty much... none of the story dialogue yet.

EDIT:

cmccmc, if you are still having problems, I have updated the links in the first post with a new zip. This contains a new .bat file which will hopefully help figure out why yours wasn't patched correctly. If it still doesn't work, please copy and paste what the .bat says when you run it :3
thanks xvirus it worked for me this time (:

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome
smile.gif
I hope you enjoy it! I've got finals coming up pretty soon, but I'll try and get a bit of work in here and there. Right now I'm working on trying to figure out how to edit the menu option images since they use a bit of a weird format.

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double-post time
biggrin.gif

Status update:

I've completely got the image format figured out and have already edited all of the menu buttons along with various other images. Expect a new patch sometime next week. I've got a Japanese test on Tuesday, so maybe by Wednesday night?

lil preview :3

922cab50.jpg
81745592.jpg

cmccmc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xvirus said:
Double-post time
biggrin.gif

Status update:

I've completely got the image format figured out and have already edited all of the menu buttons along with various other images. Expect a new patch sometime next week. I've got a Japanese test on Tuesday, so maybe by Wednesday night?

922cab50.jpg
81745592.jpg

Sweet pics, this looks like its going to be a good translation

damole

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xvirus said:
Double-post time
biggrin.gif

Status update:

922cab50.jpg
81745592.jpg

In the second image, it says Warewolf, isn't it spelled Werewolf? If that spelling is part of the game, don't mind me then.
tongue.gif

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damole said:
In the second image, it says Warewolf, isn't it spelled Werewolf? If that spelling is part of the game, don't mind me then.
tongue.gif

Case in point why you should never translate drunk. Just don't do it kids
lecture.gif

*fixes stupid spelling error*

damole

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xvirus said:
damole said:
tongue.gif

Case in point why you should never translate drunk. Just don't do it kids
lecture.gif

*fixes stupid spelling error*

Haha, lesson learned. Glad I spotted that, it's little things like that which make an awesome translation even more awesomer (LOL).
tongue.gif

eschiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. Hope you manage to finish this. I love territorial strategy games. o.o

*edit* Just tried out the patch. Ignoring the glitches, it's made of win. It's finals week for me. Haha, this patch came out at the wrong time
wink.gif

xvirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tossed up a new version of the patch :3 This patch includes new graphics and a few fixes(including the 'werewolf' typo
tongue.gif
). Thanks for all the support guys! My college classes end next week, so hopefully I'll be able to dedicate a whole lot more time on this project.

Oh... and on a slightly unrelated note, my translation group, Orenji Translations, is finally resurfacing(we've done a whole 1 other translation XD). Our hope right now is to focus on newer-gen games and we're currently researching our options on platforms such as ps1/ps2 in addition
biggrin.gif
I hope to have our website up in a few days or somethin'.

eschiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed as I was playing that whenever another country invades you it gives a message (Enemy country has been invaded) I think... Isn't it (Enemy country has invaded you)?

*Edit* So just letting you know. ^^;;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm curious.... Is PCSX2 compatible with normal web cams emulating the EyeToy....