Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format sysnand with sd inside?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, formatting with Tinyformat is better because it don't mess with NNID, am i right?

Outside.

Correct. With Tiny Format, perhaps you don't have to eject SD(?) Not sure. I didnt' eject when using Tiny Format.

***For future preference: It's actually possible to use Menuhax with linked NANDs (without being stuck in autoboot loop) https://gbatemp.net/threads/howto-menuhax-on-linked-nands.403441/ . Just saw OP of that thread, EMUNAND on different firmware than SYSNAND and menuhax works. Haven't tried it myself

Last edited by tivu100,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For reference, you do not HAVE to remove the SD card as long as you back up all data before hand and restore it after. That said, removing the sd card GUARANTEES that you are in sysnand when you format. This way you have absolutely no chance of accidentally fucking up your emunand.

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For reference, you do not HAVE to remove the SD card as long as you back up all data before hand and restore it after. That said, removing the sd card GUARANTEES that you are in sysnand when you format. This way you have absolutely no chance of accidentally fucking up your emunand.

Formated with tinyformat and everything is here. Now, booting HBL to install Menuhax

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the benefits of this cfw, against rxtools

Full twl and agb support.

retail DS carts work with no additional fuckery. DSiWare games (pirated or otherwise) work as long as you install them to both emunand and sysnand. Ambassador GBA games work as well if you install them to both nands. Injected GBA VC games work as long as you install them to both nands AND install the patched agb_firm to both nands.

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

retail DS carts work with no additional fuckery. DSiWare games (pirated or otherwise) work as long as you install them to both emunand and sysnand. Ambassador GBA games work as well if you install them to both nands. Injected GBA VC games work as long as you install them to both nands AND install the patched agb_firm to both nands.
Will this work with my existing emunand?

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Everything went awesome and fine.

Coldboot with Homemenuhax with unlinked nands.
Now i am gonna try to restore my old games that i made backup to run in my emunand.

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! Let's see if it's working.

QUESTION: inside Reinand i can update fine?

Reactions: Kioku

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work with my existing emunand?

Yep!

Make sure to place all the reinand files on your sd card and load reinand 3.0 BEFORE updating your emunand.

Everything went awesome and fine.

Coldboot with Homemenuhax with unlinked nands.
Now i am gonna try to restore my old games that i made backup to run in my emunand.

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! Let's see if it's working.

QUESTION: inside Reinand i can update fine?
Yep. As long as you see the "Rei" string before the version number in system settings you can go ahead and update.

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yep!

Make sure to place all the reinand files on your sd card and load reinand 3.0 BEFORE updating your emunand.

Yep. As long as you see the "Rei" string before the version number in system settings you can go ahead and update.

My emunand is on 10.3, when I launch ReiNAND it just hangs on the splash screen, do Ihave to downgrade it?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My emunand is on 10.3, when I launch ReiNAND it just hangs on the splash screen, do Ihave to downgrade it?
Make sure you read the thread title first and yours is N3DS.

I meant no disrepect but when you said your 3DS is already on 10.3 from rxTools, it sounds like yours is an O3DS. So apology in advance if I am wrong.

Last edited by tivu100,

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Make sure you read the thread title first and yours is N3DS.

I meant no disrepect but when you said your 3DS is already on 10.3 from rxTools, it sounds like yours is an O3DS. So apology in advance if I am wrong.
Oh, right, I'm on o3ds, didn't even read that this was only for n3ds... Wanted to switch because of the ds game support, guess I'm out of luck...

nemesis87345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok thanks and after if i want use the eshop(i dont have a nnid registered on this console) wath i have to do?and it's possible go directly to reinand ?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks and after if i want use the eshop(i dont have a nnid registered on this console) wath i have to do?and it's possible go directly to reinand ?
Not sure about system transfer from other 3DS, so I don't have answer for you.

If you meant you want to create new NNID, then you can do that on 10.3 ReiNAND EMUNAND.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry to stray a bit off topic, but does anyone have a link to a tutorial on to do this? I want to install some GBA games just to compare how they run on RetroArch and in injected ROMs.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry to stray a bit off topic, but does anyone have a link to a tutorial on to do this? I want to install some GBA games just to compare how they run on RetroArch and in injected ROMs.
Injected ROMs work the best. It's because the 3DS has the whole GBA's firmware (AGB_FIRM), so it's not really emulation.

Last edited by SomeGamer,

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Injected ROMs work the best. It's because the 3DS has the whole GBA's firmware (AGB_FIRM), so it's not really emulation.

Well, thank you, I guess. I don't want to derail the topic, so it's better that I drop this topic altogether now. RetroArch is just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol