Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please tell me that is your new splash screen xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah that's right.

Probably just the .3dsx then. Tbh using *hax to load cfw has been hit and miss for me with almost everything expect Gateway (oddly enough). It's why I use ctrbootmanager to load .dat files directly when I can, and if I knew the offset to load gw's launcher.dat with, I would use that as well.

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a working emunand does not mean you have the right firmware.bin file for reinand. At this time, all three major CFW use different firmware.bin files on the N3DS. If the MD5 of the firmware.bin file inside the /rei/ folder does not match the one listed in my signature then it is not the right file for reinand.

With CTRBoot Manager i can reach "Press Start To Boot Reinand". When i press Start, Black Screen, Homemenuhax load again, Reinand is selected then red screen.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With CTRBoot Manager i can reach "Press Start To Boot Reinand". When i press Start, Black Screen, Homemenuhax load again, Reinand is selected then red screen.

DOH! *facepalm*

Open your sd card on your pc and look in the Nintendo 3DS folder. How many folders are inside?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After pressing Start, Hold R (or whatever mean to prevent auto boot menuhax again).

Are you sure you you get the latest build from here https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases ?

I thought now ReiNand autoboot without pressing Start (or is it just me?)

Last edited by tivu100,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one. From my sysnand, my nands are linked right now. Is that a problem?

Do the following:

Load sysnand and disable menuhax by changing the theme, then power down the console and remove the sd card.
Power the system back up without the sd card and go into system settings and format the system. This will reset your sysnand and unlink your nands.
You can then insert the sd card again and set menuhax up on sysnand once more.

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the following:

Load sysnand and disable menuhax by changing the theme, then power down the console and remove the sd card.
Power the system back up without the sd card and go into system settings and format the system. This will reset your sysnand and unlink your nands.
You can then insert the sd card again and set menuhax up on sysnand once more.

I dont want to format my sysnand because i have 15GB of original content backup up on my PC before all the downgrade and emunand proccess.

Doing that will force me to download everyhing and lose every save file from my digital games, right?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont want to format my sysnand because i have 15GB of original content backup up on my PC before all the downgrade and emunand proccess.

Doing that will force me to download everyhing and lose every save file from my digital games, right?
Then do the below
After pressing Start, Hold R (or whatever mean to prevent auto boot menuhax again).

Are you sure you you get the latest build from here https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases ?

Once you're be able to boot into EMUNAND, change theme.

When you unlink NANDs, the original content would be still available on 1 NANDs, that's being you back up the content on the SD.

Last edited by tivu100,

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OKAY i was not using th latest build of reinand.
Now the splash is a girl and there is no Press start to boot.

My only choice is formatting sysnand?

One question tough: if i format my sysnand and return all the 15gb back to my Nintendo 3DS folder and use them with emunand, everything is fine, right?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if he changes theme in emunand, homemenuhax will also be disabled from sysnand cause linked nands.
IKR. Just that We want to know ReiNAND is working on his 3DS, which until now we don't know yet.
OKAY i was not using th latest build of reinand.
Now the splash is a girl and there is no Press start to boot.

My only choice is formatting sysnand?

One question tough: if i format my sysnand and return all the 15gb back to my Nintendo 3DS folder and use them with emunand, everything is fine, right?
Yes they should be working on EMUNAND.

So now try to boot into ReiNAND EMUNAND first before unlinking (when see the splash screen off ReiNAND (hold button to cancel autoboot of EMUNAND menuhax)

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: Jos_

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK GUYS!

Got it, i am inside Reinand.

Rei 9.2.0-20U.

What next?
Change theme on EMUNAND so you're not stuck on autobooting loop on EMUNAND later on -> back up content of SD to PC -> Format memory system on SYSNAND ( you can use Tiny Format so you don't go through the trouble to relink NNID on SYSNAND in the future)-> restore content back up to SD from PC-> set up Menuhax on SYSNAND-> done.

Make sure you go in that order, especially with the back up SD content step.

Last edited by tivu100,

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change theme on EMUNAND so you're not stuck on autobooting loop on EMUNAND later on -> back up content of SD to PC -> Format memory system on SYSNAND ( you can use Tiny Format so you don't go through the trouble to relink NNID on SYSNAND in the future)-> restore content back up to SD from PC. Reset up Menuhax -> done.

Make sure you go in that order, especially with the back up SD content step.

Format sysnand with sd inside?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Format sysnand with sd inside?
Also, formatting with Tinyformat is better because it don't mess with NNID, am i right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, she is non binary