Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
You need an image, resolution 400x240.

https://xem.github.io/3DShomebrew/tools/image-to-bin.html
1) You upload your image there.
2) You keep the "rotate 90°" checked. (I did not use preserve transparency, I don't think that it works but I don't know
3) Download the file, rename it splash.bin and put it into the rei folder on your memory card.

Next question, is there a thread on here that has custom splash screens?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next question, is there a thread on here that has custom splash screens?

There are a bunch of images scatted through the last 20 or so pages of this thread.

Yes, it's the right one. 58F906DA282894A525FCCFEDDF5AA11C

That is the right md5 hash. If you can't even load the GW menu, though, it sounds like something is not right with your 3ds firmware. Did you downgrade from 9.3+?

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a bunch of images scatted through the last 20 or so pages of this thread.

That is the right md5 hash. If you can't even load the GW menu, though, it sounds like something is not right with your 3ds firmware. Did you downgrade from 9.3+?

I downgraded it with N3DS 10.3, SafeSysUpdater. All the files went just fine. I can even boot PastaCFW.

Formatting again with Emunand9, let's see.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I downgraded it with N3DS 10.3, SafeSysUpdater. All the files went just fine. I can even boot PastaCFW.

Tried emunand9, formatted, copied my sd content back and... black screen.

i really don't know what to do, guys,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://github.com/ihaveamac/downgrade-check/releases Use that and check to see whether your downgrade is clean or not.

Also, check your your config of ctrbootmanager, autoboot fix should be 2. Point to reinand.dat and add offset.

With GW, try old method: boot into Pasta CFW -> install CN.cia -> Install GW boot save -> boot GW to see wether it's better?

Last edited by tivu100,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You are now the second person I know of to have this problem. Downgrade check tool says everything completed properly and you are able to boot PastaCFW, but you are unable to load an emunand or even load the GW menu.

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are now the second person I know of to have this problem. Downgrade check tool says everything completed properly and you are able to boot PastaCFW, but you are unable to load an emunand or even load the GW menu.

Actually i can load gw menu just fine.

Tried o boot cakes and it send me back do sysnand. Lets try this check tool...

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
FYI, downgrading the two titles (that aren't downgraded by sysUpdater with the 9.2 update package on n3DS) with FBI works fine.
I tried a first time on a 9.2E emunand. I downgraded the two titles. (first uninstall the title with FBI, install the CIA, uninstall the second one, install the other CIA)
I did the same thing on my sysnand to fully downgrade to a real 9.2E. Works flawlessly.
The only thing that subsists is the Amibo CIA I guess, I could not find it in FBI...

If it helps, maybe you can try to downgrade the two titles. I don't know if it will change anything but sometimes you can only try things that seems pointless!

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually i can load gw menu just fine.

Tried o boot cakes and it send me back do sysnand. Lets try this check tool...

This is strange. I booted just fine in the CakesFW (i forgot to activate Emunand option in Cakes).

The real problem now is reinand.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is strange. I booted just fine in the CakesFW (i forgot to activate Emunand option in Cakes).

check your your config of ctrbootmanager, autoboot fix should be 2. Point to reinand.dat and add offset.

Check firmware.bin. Make sure it is in rei folder

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check your your config of ctrbootmanager, autoboot fix should be 2. Point to reinand.dat and add offset.

Check firmware.bin. Make sure it is in rei folder
I didn't set ctrbootmanager yet, i am testing the cfw directly via homebrew launcher first.

Cakesfw enter just fine. Even managed to open my FBI installed in sysnand with it.
I am 100% sure that my firmware.bin is the right one;

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Make sure you've got the right firmware.bin file.. I believe you can't use the one for CakesFW for it...

Do you have the latest 3.0 files from the github? If not, you can acquire them here.
Make sure you get the firmware.bin from Reisyukaku's github.

If you're getting a black screen upon booting, chances are it's because of a wrong firmware.bin.. that, or you're not using a *hax2.5 compatible 3dsx.

It seems odd that you can boot into CakesFW and Pasta.. but not Reinand. That just leads me to believe it's not setup properly.

Also, I recommend setting up CTRBootManager.. It will allow you to boot directly from the reinand.dat file on the root of your SD card.

Last edited by Kioku,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't set ctrbootmanager yet, i am testing the cfw directly via homebrew launcher first.

Cakesfw enter just fine. Even managed to open my FBI installed in sysnand with it.
I am 100% sure that my firmware.bin is the right one;
I never boot with reinand.3dsx . So far, many people boot using ctrlmanager and it goes smoothly. Maybe give it a try since in the end you will need ctrlbootmanager (i guess?)

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: Kioku

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@brkun

It sounds like either something is not set up right with reinand, or you don't have the right firmware.bin file.

If you are 100% sure the file you are using is correct (if the md5 hash matches the one in my sig then its right), then it may just be the .3dsx file. Tbh I did not have much luck with the .3dsx file myself. I would suggest setting up ctrbootmanager and using it to launch reiNand.dat directly with an offset of 0x12000.

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@brkun

It sounds like either something is not set up right with reinand, or you don't have the right firmware.bin file.

If you are 100% sure the file you are using is correct (if the md5 hash matches the one in my sig then its right), then it may just be the .3dsx file. Tbh I did not have much luck with the .3dsx file myself. I would suggest setting up ctrbootmanager and using it to launch reiNand.dat directly with an offset of 0x12000.

Ok. I can confirm that i sure have a working emunand.

With cakesfw i managed to install devmenu and AVGN cia (and the game runs fine).
Gonna try to use boot reinand dat with ctrbootmanager. lets see.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I can confirm that i sure have a working emunand.

With cakesfw i managed to install devmenu and AVGN cia (and the game runs fine).
Gonna try to use boot reinand dat with ctrbootmanager. lets see.

Having a working emunand does not mean you have the right firmware.bin file for reinand. At this time, all three major CFW use different firmware.bin files on the N3DS. If the MD5 of the firmware.bin file inside the /rei/ folder does not match the one listed in my signature then it is not the right file for reinand.

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a working emunand does not mean you have the right firmware.bin file for reinand. At this time, all three major CFW use different firmware.bin files on the N3DS. If the MD5 of the firmware.bin file inside the /rei/ folder does not match the one listed in my signature then it is not the right file for reinand.
I know that. I am 1000% that i do have the right firmware bin for Reinand. The MD5 Matches.

Gonna try to boot reinand with ctrbootmanager now...

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
You need an image, resolution 400x240.

https://xem.github.io/3DShomebrew/tools/image-to-bin.html
1) You upload your image there.
2) You keep the "rotate 90°" checked. (I did not use preserve transparency, I don't think that it works but I don't know
3) Download the file, rename it splash.bin and put it into the rei folder on your memory card.
Thank you it worked
screenshot007_400x240.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/GVs1tc_vq0g?si=iEFwQrZgTr004u5g