Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

blufiggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK so, I tried again and it didn't work. But, I then tried installing on SD first through sysNAND's FBI (via pasta), nothing changed, then again through emuNAND's FBI. It seems that did the trick. Not sure if you have to have the games on both NAND and SD card for both sys and emu, but that's what I have lol. I'm too tired at this point to try and remove the games from both NANDs to check so I'll just leave it as is since they don't take up much space anyways (9 games about 8mb each).

EDIT: When I say installed on SD i mean the VC cia's, not agb_firm (that was only installed to NAND for both sys and emu)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so, I tried again and it didn't work. But, I then tried installing on SD first through sysNAND's FBI (via pasta), nothing changed, then again through emuNAND's FBI. It seems that did the trick. Not sure if you have to have the games on both NAND and SD card for both sys and emu, but that's what I have lol. I'm too tired at this point to try and remove the games from both NANDs to check so I'll just leave it as is since they don't take up much space anyways (9 games about 8mb each).

EDIT: When I say installed on SD i mean the VC cia's, not agb_firm (that was only installed to NAND for both sys and emu)

The patched agb_firm has to be installed to both the sysnand and emunand, and the destination in FBI has to be set to NAND. To be honest it is easier with DevMenu since that program automatically installs to the proper destination.

The games themselves need to be installed to both sysnand and emunand as well, but I am not sure if they need to be installed to SD or NAND when using FBI. DevMenu will, again, automatically install them to the proper destination.

blufiggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The patched agb_firm has to be installed to both the sysnand and emunand, and the destination in FBI has to be set to NAND. To be honest it is easier with DevMenu since that program automatically installs to the proper destination.

The games themselves need to be installed to both sysnand and emunand as well, but I am not sure if they need to be installed to SD or NAND when using FBI. DevMenu will, again, automatically install them to the proper destination.

I guess I'll look into devmenu when i wake up, i'm just happy it's working now. Thanks!

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
İs there any changelog previous reinand version to reinand 3.0?
Thanks.

Not really. His post announcing it a few pages back listed what he changed, but most of it is back-end changes in the code for efficiency and legal stuff.

Big changes are as follows:

Reinand now autoboots (no longer need to press start).
Sysnand mode removed.
Attempted fix for random string replacement with "Rei".
System now autogenerates decryption keys, should be more "legal" than hard-coding them.

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Not really. His post announcing it a few pages back listed what he changed, but most of it is back-end changes in the code for efficiency and legal stuff.

Big changes are as follows:

Reinand now autoboots (no longer need to press start).
Sysnand mode removed.
Attempted fix for random string replacement with "Rei".
System now autogenerates decryption keys, should be more "legal" than hard-coding them.
Thank you :)

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok so ideally you would want to unlink your nands. There are a number of issues that can arise from having them linked, from mildly annoying (games rewrapping themselves) down right frustrating (content disappearing because you went into data management).

There are a number of ways to break the link, but all of them effectively involve formatting either the sysnand or the emunand. I STRONGLY suggest you do it by formatting sysnand.

The easiest way to do this is to power the console down, remove the sd card, and the boot into sysnand and format. You will have to set your *hax back up afterwards, but that is fairly simple to do. I have heard reports, however, of this breaking the NNID link on emunand.

Another option is to download a homebrew application called TinyFormat and run it from sysnand. My understanding is that this will format the sysnand in the same manner as the previous method, but will do so without touching the NNID info. Supposedly this prevents the NNID link from breaking on emunand.

Please keep in mind that if you do unlink your nands, any and all DSiWare and GBA titles that you want to play will need to be installed to sysnand as well as emunand.
Thanks for all the info pal

RoyalLemons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to check, is there a way to load out of region dlc (usually used by using the NTR cia loader or something) while on reinand? I tried out reinand and the NTR method didn't work. Does anyone know another way?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can either use FMP or check in the last few pages of the NTR 3.2 thread for a link to the updated beta version of BooNTR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson