Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added devkitPro\devkitARM\bin
You need to update your PATH envrionment variable with the path to that \bin\ folder.

Open your start menu, then right click on "my computer", then click properties.
Click "Advanced System Settings"
In the new window, click on "Environment Variables"
Then in the bottom of the new window that opens, scroll down till you see "PATH", then click on it and then click "edit".

At the end of the string you see, add ";C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\bin\" (without the "s) and click OK.

This, of course, assumes devkitpro was installed to C:\devkitPro\
I am passed that now. I am now trying to figure out how to move past this error.
Code:
0 [main] make 888 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to make.exe.stackdump
Edit: Past that. Now I can't get past this:
Code:
2 [main] sh 6800 C:\Program Files\Git\usr\bin\sh.exe: *** fatal error in forked process - fork: can't reserve memory for parent stack 0x600000 - 0x800000, (child has 0x400000 - 0x600000), Win32 error 487
   1147 [main] sh 6800 cygwin_exception::open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to sh.exe.stackdump

Last edited by Wire,

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
If there's any spaces in the path where your source is, REMOVE THEM. devkitarm etc really doesn't like spaces and will cause weird problems. I THINK that issue you have is related, but i could be remembering wrong. Been a while since I've had any issues with it.

xRandomLurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I updated to EmuNAND 10.3e yesterday and I had the false link error (forgot the code) so I decided to backup my EmuNAND and format. I forgot to backup my Nintendo 3DS folder so now I'm in my old EmuNAND without my cias and CIA manager (BBM) I currently don't have access to a computer so H&S injection is my last resort. I have tried using FBI (but doesn't work ofc) and NASA but I can't boot NASA for some reason. What could I do?

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
If there's any spaces in the path where your source is, REMOVE THEM. devkitarm etc really doesn't like spaces and will cause weird problems. I THINK that issue you have is related, but i could be remembering wrong. Been a while since I've had any issues with it.
At first the issue seemed like it was my crypto code, but then i realised its working and its actually causing an instruction down the line to mess up (that really shouldnt happen) so it wasnt getting past:
memcpy((void *)pos_offset, (void *)emuOffset, 4);
memcpy((void *)pos_header, (void *)emuHeader, 4);

So I changed some code up and now it makes it to firm launch, but still no boot! I didnt change anything with patches so idk. Cakes does the key setup the same way and it works on that, lol. t-thanks 3ds

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first the issue seemed like it was my crypto code, but then i realised its working and its actually causing an instruction down the line to mess up (that really shouldnt happen) so it wasnt getting past:
memcpy((void *)pos_offset, (void *)emuOffset, 4);
memcpy((void *)pos_header, (void *)emuHeader, 4);

So I changed some code up and now it makes it to firm launch, but still no boot! I didnt change anything with patches so idk. Cakes does the key setup the same way and it works on that, lol. t-thanks 3ds
In ubuntu, I set everything up and was able to get rxTools to build but I can't get ReiNand to build. I get the following problem:

Code:
make: arm-none-eabi-gcc: Command not found
make: *** [build/crypto.o] Error 127

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
In ubuntu, I set everything up and was able to get rxTools to build but I can't get ReiNand to build. I get the following problem:

Code:
make: arm-none-eabi-gcc: Command not found
make: *** [build/crypto.o] Error 127
>arm-none-eabi-gcc:Command not found
looks like you dont have your devkitpro environment setup correctly.. no idea how to do it in ubuntu though.

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I had the arm-none-eabi-gcc not found problem too, so I just edited the makefile to look for $(DEVKITARM) (but then, I'm on Windows, so I don't usually keep *any* gcc versions in my main PATH). /shrug

Code:
CC := $(DEVKITARM)/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc
AS := $(DEVKITARM)/bin/arm-none-eabi-as
LD := $(DEVKITARM)/bin/arm-none-eabi-ld
OC := $(DEVKITARM)/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy
ARMIPS := $(DEVKITARM)/bin/armips

Compiled fine after that.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Just ran a "hit counter" for every time the version patcher code caught a "Ver." match and patched it with Rei.

After just 5 minutes of play, the patching code hit 0x34 times. Let me repeat that, 52 times it patched Ver. with Rei. And get this, I didn't even run mset.

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I put armips for linux in devkitarm/bin folder but now I get make:execvp: armips: Permission denied.
When I I chmod 755 /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/bin/armips I get make: armips: Command not found again.

digiw0rx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just ran a "hit counter" for every time the version patcher code caught a "Ver." match and patched it with Rei.

After just 5 minutes of play, the patching code hit 0x34 times. Let me repeat that, 52 times it patched Ver. with Rei. And get this, I didn't even run mset.

Yeah that's not good... Need someone to look at rewriting that section. If I get any chance over the weekend I will have a look.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Is there an all in one build that has the latest of every component of ReiNand and the string patch fix?
Also, how does this compare to CakesFW? (Since that does 10.3 now too.)

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States

subliminal messages (^:

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got it to compile, so all I need now is to replace c:\ReiNand\out\rei\thread\arm9.bin with Aroth's version?

EDIT: the one I compiled is the same as Matsumot0's (yay), but my reiNand.dat is bigger at 112.5 kb (his is 103 ish)
EDIT2: My reiNand.dat is the same as the one in Aroth's reinand_test :grog:

Last edited by Pacman`,

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got armips for linux and put it in devkitARM/bin folder but I still get the armips: Command not found. How do I fix this? I am on linux

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because it uses crappy arm9 patching...

Fun fact, I've seen RxTools randomly throw RX-E into applications like DevMenu

Reactions: Zidapi and zoogie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @PandaPandel, you re lesbian?