Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
So Rei6 isn't in .firm extension?
It is. (Just saying, looking at the change log would have answered this question.) They were giving instructions to get gm9 as a bootloader + Rei-six which is my recommended setup.

Is there a way to lower brightness on splash screen? Its to bright on boot up.

Not at the moment. I use b9s' screeninit which uses the 3rd brightness setting (in terms of Luma Brightness.) I can look into adding GM9s screeninit though.

Last edited by CrimsonMaple,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just made a splash for fun :) (ignore the fact that the Scorpio's SoC is used as background).
07adfc990b2176cad593d338bdda8838.jpg

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only took me one goddamn year. BUT I FINALLY GOT DA REIBOOT PATCHES :P

Speaking of patches, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, have a look at the included "patches.dat" in the 1.0 release. It's only 18 bytes. Well, it's good to know it's not just me that the compiling process does that to. I've created a batch file that deletes the generated one and does a "copy /b Rei-Six\common\patches\*.rnp Rei-Six\out\rei\patches\patches.dat" to generate a file that contains all of them.

Well, it's definitely time for a new release of my AIO now. I just need to finish up this last new script set I'm working on -- it's to manage multiple TWLN partition backups, so you can install as much DSiWare as you want (the basic idea is to have it function similarly to your average JRPG save manager -- whenever you run out of space, you just save, then load an empty TWLN partition from the next slot).

Last edited by Kazuma77,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a small problem. I updated from A9LH to B9S 1.3. I placed the folder and boot.firm from the Rei-Six 1.0 release on microSd root. When I power on I see the top and bottom splash screens, then it powers down. Anybody have any ideas. Other boot.firm payloads load fine. I tried Luma3DS, GodMode9, and SafeB9sInstaller and they all work fine. Need assistance. Thank you.

Reactions: THYPLEX

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
I have a small problem. I updated from A9LH to B9S 1.3. I placed the folder and boot.firm from the Rei-Six 1.0 release on microSd root. When I power on I see the top and bottom splash screens, then it powers down. Anybody have any ideas. Other boot.firm payloads load fine. I tried Luma3DS, GodMode9, and SafeB9sInstaller and they all work fine. Need assistance. Thank you.
It might be your secret sector. If there is a debug.log in the /Rei folder, send it to me. (Shit. Forgot to add a hash check for keys.. forgot to compute my hashes.. damn it. I'll fix that when I get the chance. Did you use the guide to update to b9s btw?)

Last edited by CrimsonMaple,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
I did use 3ds.guide to update from A9LH to B9S. I used my own secret_sector.bin but the hash matched the one from the guide.
Try holding R on boot, if that works then its emunand, and throw a file called "loademunand" with no extension into /rei. If that doesn't work, please make an issue on github and give me the debug log if it exists. (Again will be in /rei)

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I am going to revert my 3ds to pre A9LH and B9S using a Nand.bin I made before I hacked it. Then I will try and reinstall B9S using my AK2i and test again.

Edit: @CrimsonMaple, I reinstalled my pre hacked Nand.bin. and then used the guide to install B9S using my AK2i and it looks like everything is working. Thank you for your support. Not sure what my issue was, but it seems to be resolved. Thanks again.

Last edited by stl25,
Reactions: CrimsonMaple
D

Deleted User

i remember seeing something somewhere on github about being able to make our own .rnp files with some tool that wasnt ready for release
idk if it was actually a real thing or not thugh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety