PBallWiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but thats a stupid requirement atm you may aswell stick to the other CFW
I don't think it's my network.
I have an Old 3DSXL that I installed RXtools on and I can remotely install cia's with my android devices or my PC.
I'm happy running my N3ds with the reiNAND emuNAND but not being able to remotely install cia's is a deal breaker for me.
Taking the back cover off and swapping out the microSD gets old real fast.
Might jump to another CFW to resolve this if it is a reiNAND bug.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And the reason for this is......????

OK so the remote cia installation wasn't reiNAND, it apparently was me. Java update and newer version of Socketpunch on my PC fixed the issue.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making the firm write function return an error on purpose and what @squee666 said.

Moreover converting a pointer to an integer to only convert it back to a pointer later instead of using pointers to pointers isn't a good coding practise. But hey, I forgot that Rei was a coding god (/s)

There's nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism. But was the cheap shot about being a coding god really necessary? IIRC you made a Luma commit recently that didn't even boot. Just saying, no one's perfect.

You're an extremely talented programmer. Your code to re-implement svcbackdoor proves that. That's why I'm shocked that you would take cheap shots at Rei. That should be beneath you. It's not like he's getting paid for this. Apparently his code wasn't too bad for you guys to fork. And it's not like this is a competition for money. You guys should be helping each other.

OK so the remote cia installation wasn't reiNAND, it apparently was me. Java update and newer version of Socketpunch on my PC fixed the issue.

I had problems getting Socketpunch to work with FBI 2.x before. Sockfile has always worked fine though. I'll have to try SP again. I did just notice there's a Java update in my tray. I'll be sure to install it right away.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's why I'm shocked that you would take cheap shots at Rei. That should be beneath you.
Yeah that's a bit childish, I admit.

Though the "coding god" sarcasm was a reference to a reddit post he later deleted (basically saying that Aurora was a shitty programmer unlike him), i.e I'm just exaggerating what he has implied once.

I'm still mad at Rei for what happened the same/following day (I don't want to give details about this again). "You guys should be helping each other": the name change ARN->Luma3DS happened for a reason.

Thank your for the compliment anyways.

Last edited by TuxSH,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism. But was the cheap shot about being a coding god really necessary? IIRC you made a Luma commit recently that didn't even boot. Just saying, no one's perfect.

You're an extremely talented programmer. Your code to re-implement svcbackdoor proves that. That's why I'm shocked that you would take cheap shots at Rei. That should be beneath you. It's not like he's getting paid for this. Apparently his code wasn't too bad for you guys to fork. And it's not like this is a competition for money. You guys should be helping each other.

I had problems getting Socketpunch to work with FBI 2.x before. Sockfile has always worked fine though. I'll have to try SP again. I did just notice there's a Java update in my tray. I'll be sure to install it right away.

TBF also he refused my Pull Request to make his code over 30% smaller when compiled to arm9loaderhax.bin

28kb to 16kb

Which is ironic for 2 reasons.

1 he calls others code bloat yet his gets debloated

2 the reason he didnt accept my pull request is because he couldnt dev with it.

2.1 the reason this is stupid is because he could literally just add DEV and COMP flags to his git which would instanlty fix this
2.2 His Github has Nfirm problems with downgrading upgrading which he stated he is too busy to add to the release on his github which takes what like 5 seconds to do.

BRB my FW is causing frankenfirm and issues because of bad code practices

I could fix it in under a minute but the general userbase but nahh im too busy for that

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's a bit childish, I admit.

Though the "coding god" sarcasm was a reference to a reddit post he later deleted (basically saying that Aurora was a shitty programmer unlike him), i.e I'm just exaggerating what he has implied once.

I'm still mad at Rei for what happened the same/following day (I don't want to give details about this again). "You guys should be helping each other": the name change ARN->Luma3DS happened for a reason.

Thank your for the compliment anyways.

It's hard enough to keep up with the software. Especially for someone like me that gets into everything. I just assumed it was an attempt to sound more original or something. Should have known. Can't have a scene without drama. Best you can do is just ignore it. Don't look at me for any shining examples of how to do that though. I tried to request multi-nand support for rxTools and ended up in a flame war.

I guess it's not like I handle every situation the best. People took issue with the way I reported the old TWL_FIRM problem with Luma after all. I really thought I had stayed professional, avoided any personal attacks, etc. I even included a joke to try to lighten the mood (some people didn't even get it when I tried to explain it to them). I think some people here exist just to start fights. Though maybe I need to waste a day looking at Facebook posts learning the millennial language or something if people really can't understand my jokes.

Anyway, nice to meet you, and I look forward to seeing what you and Aurora come up with next.

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I could fix it in under a minute but the general userbase but nahh im too busy for that

To be fair, Rei said that he/she had little time to do stuff due to finals. Real life has to have ALWAYS priority over everything that's a hobby (even coding).
Furthermore, i wouldn't call this an "error", as this is the CFW actually doing what it was programmed to do: Prevent accidental firm partitions being overwritten.
Sure, it's a nuisance right now, but in my eyes, this is really REALLY easily bypassed (i mean, it didn't even took me more than 15 minutes to get Luma3ds running on emunand, update [also check if certain AGB_FIRM games would load with this CFW {sadly, they didn't}], and check immediately Reinand to see if there's anything wrong with it).

That's at least my personal opinion. I do suggest that you don't take this so personally, but again, that's just my humble opinion, etc.

ADDENDUM: Tested so far Reinand after update for a while. Everything's running fine.
Same thing with Luma. Still unable to load certain GBA games (curse you, ambassador program)

Last edited by Geezerdorf,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, Rei said that he/she had little time to do stuff due to finals. Real life has to have ALWAYS priority over everything that's a hobby (even coding).
Furthermore, i wouldn't call this an "error", as this is the CFW actually doing what it was programmed to do: Prevent accidental firm partitions being overwritten.
Sure, it's a nuisance right now, but in my eyes, this is really REALLY easily bypassed (i mean, it didn't even took me more than 15 minutes to get Luma3ds running on emunand, update [also check if certain AGB_FIRM games would load with this CFW {sadly, they didn't}], and check immediately Reinand to see if there's anything wrong with it).

That's at least my personal opinion. I do suggest that you don't take this so personally, but again, that's just my humble opinion, etc.
At this point all he has to do is compile it and release it as a hotfix.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Someone can compile the last version and post ? Because I give up, two days trying to compile this shit.

VNXKHTX.png
That's all loader shit. I've never had issues compiling it. If you're using the new ctrulib for whatever reason it'll have to wait till later today

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Someone can compile the last version and post ? Because I give up, two days trying to compile this shit.

VNXKHTX.png

That actually seems like an error caused by using an outdated ctrulib. The latest stable release that comes with devkitpro won't be able to compile. You'll need to update it, but then it won't compile because it's too new :P

Your best bet is to update ctrulib (git clone ctrulib, make install) and then wait for Rei to fix the loader for the new ctrulib.

Last edited by astronautlevel,

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
TBF also he refused my Pull Request to make his code over 30% smaller when compiled to arm9loaderhax.bin

28kb to 16kb

Which is ironic for 2 reasons.

1 he calls others code bloat yet his gets debloated

2 the reason he didnt accept my pull request is because he couldnt dev with it.

2.1 the reason this is stupid is because he could literally just add DEV and COMP flags to his git which would instanlty fix this
2.2 His Github has Nfirm problems with downgrading upgrading which he stated he is too busy to add to the release on his github which takes what like 5 seconds to do.

BRB my FW is causing frankenfirm and issues because of bad code practices

You obviously have no idea what the word bloat means. Also my latest commit doesnt have nfirm problems. Go mend code that actually needs fixing instead of cherry picking.

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You obviously have no idea what the word bloat means. Also my latest commit doesnt have nfirm problems. Go mend code that actually needs fixing instead of cherry picking.
What about the firm-protection code? Making AMPXI return an error code on purpose isn't the cleaniest way to do it. In fact, users are complaining.

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I believe that the issue with NFIRM downgrade/upgrade has already been fixed in the latest commit, so there's not much to do besides tell people to compile it themselves.
kek is still used. Just not on sysnand this time. (speaking about the latest commit from 15/18 days ago, 110668eb).

Last edited by TuxSH,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kinda like you cherry pick others code when it suites you

and yes you latest commit does that but like @astronautlevel said unless you are compiling your own builds then that doesnt apply.

Which is the majority of your userbase which is why i said about you not putting the effort of just pushing a newer release to stop this

also some more users with issues

https://gbatemp.net/threads/updating-emunand-error.426080/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/source-release-reinand-cfw.394309/page-259#post-6306351

this entire page in your thread
https://gbatemp.net/threads/source-release-reinand-cfw.394309/page-260

and
https://gbatemp.net/threads/source-release-reinand-cfw.394309/page-261#post-6334717

Last edited by izy,

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Kinda like you cherry pick others code when it suites you

and yes you latest commit does that but like @astronautlevel said unless you are compiling your own builds then that doesnt apply.

Which is the majority of your userbase which is why i said about you not putting the effort of just pushing a newer release to stop this
Actually the issue is still there, the issue is replacing exe: with something else, it makes the FIRM install return an error. The proper way to do it is how delebile did it.

Reactions: izy and TuxSH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk