RetroBitMig

Banana Boy
Trophies
Website
xn--yck0dzd.xn--q9jyb4c
XP
Country
United States
So, I've done a fair amount of searching on Google and here and I haven't found a solution thus far. How can I compile this on MacOS? I did try Windows, but it kept saying that arm-none-eabi-gcc was not found as a command, and I had set it as a Path.

Thanks!

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
So, I've done a fair amount of searching on Google and here and I haven't found a solution thus far. How can I compile this on MacOS? I did try Windows, but it kept saying that arm-none-eabi-gcc was not found as a command, and I had set it as a Path.

Thanks!
Make sure that you're adding it to 'Path' and not its own vairable. And for me, the path is C:/devkitPro/devkitARM/bin

Reactions: peteruk and kiwiis

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I have to say I've been a big fan of rxTools because of all the extra stuff it provides, but at the same time that extra stuff definitely adds a complexity that is resulting in it being very messy to actually get and use these days with it really feeling like stability and reliability isn't a focus anymore. I like the idea of something more minimal and I think this is well worth a look with rxTools maybe just being more useful for the tools at this point. (Barely that since Decrypt9WIP and EmuNAND9 seem to do the same stuff more reliably perhaps.)

Anyway, you were worried about the negativity, but just so you know there are those of us who really appreciate someone working on a project like this.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
You know, I have to say I've been a big fan of rxTools because of all the extra stuff it provides, but at the same time that extra stuff definitely adds a complexity that is resulting in it being very messy to actually get and use these days with it really feeling like stability and reliability isn't a focus anymore. I like the idea of something more minimal and I think this is well worth a look with rxTools maybe just being more useful for the tools at this point. (Barely that since Decrypt9WIP and EmuNAND9 seem to do the same stuff more reliably perhaps.)

Anyway, you were worried about the negativity, but just so you know there are those of us who really appreciate someone working on a project like this.
I'm glad there are nice people in this community who appreciate this stuff ^^
And I agree, especially with CBM/BootCTR now, its real easy to just add what tools you want/need to that and have CFW separate. I never liked the idea of the AiO approach rx took, but now there's almost no reason for it. x3

RetroBitMig

Banana Boy
Trophies
Website
xn--yck0dzd.xn--q9jyb4c
XP
Country
United States
Make sure that you're adding it to 'Path' and not its own vairable. And for me, the path is C:/devkitPro/devkitARM/bin
Sorry, I made a goof with my words. I didn't mean that I set it as its own variable, I meant that i added it to Path. I also tried what you suggested, the way you have it set up, but the same error appears, which is "arm-none-eabi-gcc: Command not found"

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that CTRBootManager really is one heck of a useful tool. I hadn't heard of BootCTR though. I'll look that up. Like you say, you can just set up a nice menu with all that stuff. I have mine autobooting to my CFW of choice (will be trying this momentarily) unless I hold R, then I can select whichever of those I happen to need at the time. rxTools was great back before this stuff and, in fact, it did after all start out as a multi-tool thing.

As for the negativity, one thing to bear in mind is that in most places for every one negative post there are really probably a huge number of people who just don't bother to post who feel positively about it. People are more likely to come in and post over negativity than positive reasons. Especially in this age of the "like" mentality where people think just clicking like or the equivalent counts as the same thing as a real post, lol. So don't worry about it. EDIT: In fact, the fact that so many actually have taken the time to post that they appreciate it despite that modern trend should really show how positive things are...

Last edited by Nazosan,
Reactions: jackb994

kakarotto87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!

Can you clarify something to me?
I've downloaded ReiNand 3.1 with new firmware.bin. everything works fine, but when I going to System Settings, the "Rei" mark dont show up... why?

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Uhm... Who are you? Lol.

oh, ok. thanks!

other question... 60 to bootfix is a good number for n3ds?
For CTRBootManager? The boot.cfg's comments say this:
// Default delay (8) should be good for o3ds, 2 seems good for n3ds
I imagine more is safer, but it sounds like the N3DS doesn't need much and certainly nothing on that scale.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Uhm... Who are you? Lol.

I imagine more is safer, but it sounds like the N3DS doesn't need much and certainly nothing on that scale.

Lol you helped me out a while ago on another site that I am not sure I am allowed to name here >_>. I know I can't link it xD

kakarotto87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I was using 6, but i got some black screen... like 4/10
now with 60 seems 100% okay. I will do some tests with 8~15

thanks.

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm aware it just takes longer to boot up is all. I'll admit the delay is pretty quick though (I guess these are in milliseconds?) So if you are happy with a higher number then it really probably won't hurt anything. I imagine if you set it on 1000 even it wouldn't hurt anything but the time it takes to start up really.

There is probably a law of diminishing returns. It likely still isn't 100% no matter what you put it on.

Last edited by Nazosan,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
it's a bug with 3.1
I'm pretty sure somwhere on this thread it was said that having "Rei" at the version string messed something up (I think it was hyrule warriors demo), anyway the removal is intentional.

It should be no problem, if it is not 9.2.0 it's emunand.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure somwhere on this thread it was said that having "Rei" at the version string messed something up (I think it was hyrule warriors demo), anyway the removal is intentional.

https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/issues/17

it's not supposed to be gone though?

I do remember, before it was "fixed" (and also before it was broken again), that it was messing up story of seasons and pokémon. never heard of hyrule warriors demo breaking

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
I was not sure about hyrule warriors. Anyway, I personally prefer the Rei string not being displayed (unless it's a bug).

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The string is supposed to be there, it being missing is a bug. There was a build created by another user who did completely remove the arm9 thread (which is what is responsible for the string replacement, among other things), but it was a custom build.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice