Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
BAG needs to opensource his emu and just let people go off what he has done, otherwise we are taking a step back in fixing this emu, bc he has done a lot of work on it

If you're gonna develop for it then...

dry.gif
you can access the SC SDK section via google search
tongue.gif
, search supercard SDK forum archive and choose the SC forum's archiver, BAG has a post with his BGSFC src there.
dry.gif
but be quiet about it
tongue.gif
and if mods wanna delete this post thats ok but dont ban me
tongue.gif

stinebd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
BAG needs to opensource his emu and just let people go off what he has done, otherwise we are taking a step back in fixing this emu, bc he has done a lot of work on it

In fact, the released codebase is GPL2 licensed, so he's required to release his source code changes for any distributed versions.

Of course, it's not like anybody could do anything if he didn't, anyway.
biggrin.gif

Reactions: Margen67

stinebd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to look into adding sleep mode support for NDSSFC. That's one of the big things I miss with it as it is (compared to SNEmulDS), since I sometimes play games at work and it's nice to be able to put DS games down and not worry about it sitting there making noise and getting me in trouble.

Should be a fun exercise (and valuable entertainment as I fail horribly), as I've got no low-level experience with the hardware. At least I've dealt with embedded systems before so I might have a shot at it.

Of course, if I make progress, I'll release a source patch and let others with better knowledge tell me how badly it was done.

stinebd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a simple two-liner patch (git formatted) to increase the directory size limits so that you can use a large ROM pack with NDSSFC and SNEmulDS at the same time, for example.

To apply, enter your ndssfc directory, download the patch, and run:
CODEpatch -p1

Attachments

• 0001_Increase_directory_size_limits_to_allow_for_instance.patch.txt
    894 bytes · Views: 424
  • 0001_Add_max_clock_speed_setting.patch.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 382
  • 0001_Add_sleep_mode_support.patch.txt
    886 bytes · Views: 440

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@stinebd, maybe you should just create a new folder that has everything put together for those who dont understand how to patch the system, like how bag did his, just put it inot the already existing folder and let ppl download the new revision

stinebd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
@stinebd, maybe you should just create a new folder that has everything put together for those who dont understand how to patch the system, like how bag did his, just put it inot the already existing folder and let ppl download the new revision

I plan to post a binary. I'm working on one more little thing (Exit from the emulator is freezing on me).

The patches are posted for reference and collaboration (I work extensively on open-source projects, so that's how I do things). I'd prefer that BAG (or someone else who wishes to maintain a fork, or even SC team) merge the changes into their versions (if they're appropriate) because I don't really have enough time to maintain my own fork.

Thanks!

stinebd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BassAceGold said:
ds2_plug_exit() is broken in sdk 0.13. The SC Team is aware of it and say it should be fixed in the next release.
Ah, good to know. Thanks!

EDIT: Since there's nothing I can do about that freeze on exit, I'll just post the package now...

NOTE: Sleep mode currently only works while in the game (ie. the menu is not visible and bottom screen is off). The design of the menu system makes it complicated to add sleep mode handling there, so I haven't tried that yet.(Sleep mode available in menu now. Please reply if there are bugs there, I rushed it
biggrin.gif
)
In addition to sleep mode, I've also increased the directory file count limit to 2048 (like in my first patch), but kept the subdirectory count limit at 64 to save RAM.

Installation procedures are the same as BAGSFC.

BAGSFC-r3-mod-stinebd.zip

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stinebd said:
BassAceGold said:
ds2_plug_exit() is broken in sdk 0.13. The SC Team is aware of it and say it should be fixed in the next release.
Ah, good to know. Thanks!

EDIT: Since there's nothing I can do about that freeze on exit, I'll just post the package now...

NOTE: Sleep mode currently only works while in the game (ie. the menu is not visible and bottom screen is off). The design of the menu system makes it complicated to add sleep mode handling there, so I haven't tried that yet.(Sleep mode available in menu now. Please reply if there are bugs there, I rushed it
biggrin.gif
)
In addition to sleep mode, I've also increased the directory file count limit to 2048 (like in my first patch), but kept the subdirectory count limit at 64 to save RAM.

Installation procedures are the same as BAGSFC.

BAGSFC-r3-mod-stinebd.zip
Is it possible to fix the lights on the DS to act as if it was actually in sleep mode? Because I noticed the light stay solid when it was in sleep mode.

stinebd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Is it possible to fix the lights on the DS to act as if it was actually in sleep mode? Because I noticed the light stay solid when it was in sleep mode.

If you mean the slow flashing power light, then it should already do that when in sleep mode (does for me, at least).

--

I've been making some small improvements here and there (such as ramping down the DS2 CPU clock before suspend, to actually _save_ power).

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stinebd said:
YayMii said:
If you mean the slow flashing power light, then it should already do that when in sleep mode (does for me, at least).
Well, it doesn't on the DSi (on the DSi, rather than the light slowly flashing, both the Wifi and power lights go dim, and then the power light does the gradual "breathing" effect that Macs do on sleep mode). I'm not sure if this is an issue with the emulator or the way the DStwo works. ROMs and non-DStwo homebrew dims the light, yet this doesn't.

stinebd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Well, it doesn't on the DSi (on the DSi, rather than the light slowly flashing, both the Wifi and power lights go dim, and then the power light does the gradual "breathing" effect that Macs do on sleep mode). I'm not sure if this is an issue with the emulator or the way the DStwo works. ROMs and non-DStwo homebrew dims the light, yet this doesn't.

Oh. Sorry, but I don't have DSi hardware so I can't do anything about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...