Gaming Sounds like a new Bros. In Arms DS is on the way.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm watching (yeah, this week it's a video podcast) the latest broadcast of IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat, and they alluded (they're under embargo for the game) to a new WWII FPS (though BiA isn't technically an FPS) that's on the way. Only thing they said was that there's already one game from the series on the system...pretty sure BiA is the only other WWII FPS (released outside Japan) on the system currently. I'll look forward to it.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe its just a DS version of CoD5:WaW? Im fed up of WWII games anyway. Its a tired over used sub genre which really needs to be put to rest and people move on.

DarkSwordman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it's not CoD5. It's a different game develop by D3, the gameplay is quite like BiA DS. The name of the game is Unknown Soldier

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkSwordman said:
...The name of the game is Unknown Soldier

unsure.gif

I don't know, man. The only thing Harris said outright is that there was already a game from the franchise on the DS and that this would be the second one in the series to come to the handheld. Never heard of "Unknown Soldier" by D3 on the DS.

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If I remember correctly, they said it was an FPS, and a sequel to an FPS. And it was set in WWII. Was BiA an FPS? Nope, that rules it out. Was CoD4 an FPS? DING DING DING. Will the next CoD be an FPS? DING DING DING. Will it be in WWII? We have a winner.

It is the next CoD, conclusively. There is no waggle-room for what else it could be.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Praetor192 said:
If I remember correctly, they said it was an FPS, and a sequel to an FPS. And it was set in WWII. Was BiA an FPS? Nope, that rules it out. Was CoD4 an FPS? DING DING DING. Will the next CoD be an FPS? DING DING DING. Will it be in WWII? We have a winner.

It is the next CoD, conclusively. There is no waggle-room for what else it could be.

"DING DING DING"?

What the fuck is that?

Anyway, yeah, you're right -- and I stated that in my original post -- BiA isn't an FPS. However, anytime IGN refers to the game, including when they reviewed it, they referred to it as an FPS. Harris still considers it an FPS. "DING DING DING" Regardless of what we think of the game or its genre -- "DING DING DING" -- I think he was referring to BiA,

"DING DING DING" I could be wrong. That's just the impression I got.

DING DING...fucking DING.
dry.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
i liked BiA as it was quite simple and decently fun
will be happy if there is another onee
Me too but I hope that it will be built for the DS, instead of being a mobile phone port.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gaydrian said:
tinymonkeyt said:
Me too but I hope that it will be built for the DS, instead of being a mobile phone port.

Is that your opinion or are you serious? That game was awesome! You could drive a car and a tank! that's like the only DS game that's lets you do that, there was a couple of glitches but you could work around them

but wouldn't they be more specific if it was call of duty? we already know that COD:WAW is coming to the DS

lce_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not Brothers In Arms.

First off, they said it was an FPS which is a sequel to an FPS, so that automatically rules it out. They also said the game was a WWII or Wartime shooter or something, which BiA was, but they never said that it was a sequel to a WWII shooter. They talked about the bounding box ideas and everything. Call of Duty 4 was the previous FPS on the DS, and CoD:WaW is a WWII FPS, which is the sequel.

Lastly, while we know that CoD:WaW is coming to the DS, sometimes they can't talk about it because of embargos, so they have to wait until a later date, which is why they weren't specific.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
imz said:
Is that your opinion or are you serious? That game was awesome! You could drive a car and a tank! that's like the only DS game that's lets you do that, there was a couple of glitches but you could work around them
The framerate however was quie annoying.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tinymonkeyt said:
I thought it was sub par, sometimes it was impossible to see the enemies from a distance. Both Call of Duty and Brothers in Arms were not that great, although I liked CoD a bit more because it has a bit better graphics

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
I thought it was sub par, sometimes it was impossible to see the enemies from a distance. Both Call of Duty and Brothers in Arms were not that great, although I liked CoD a bit more because it has a bit better graphics

Well, BiA was definitely framey and plenty `o' graphical glitches, but I thought they got the gameplay right, especially the multiplayer. Just wish it had online multiplayer.

CoD4, on the other hand, was annoying as hell. It had a lot going for it, but many of the missions were a chore, and the zoom-in feature was buggy as hell. They should have made the zoom-in a tab on the touch screen, not a double tap. Also, I didn't care for the graphics all the much. BiA might have had a poor framerate, but I thought it looked better, overall. Not necessarily the amount of polygons on screen, but the design was much more interesting.

I hope they (IGN) were referring to a new BiA game, but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure we'll get a CoD5 game on DS either way, but I'm not too interested in it.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
DSGamer64 said:

Well, BiA was definitely framey and plenty `o' graphical glitches, but I thought they got the gameplay right, especially the multiplayer. Just wish it had online multiplayer.

CoD4, on the other hand, was annoying as hell. It had a lot going for it, but many of the missions were a chore, and the zoom-in feature was buggy as hell. They should have made the zoom-in a tab on the touch screen, not a double tap. Also, I didn't care for the graphics all the much. BiA might have had a poor framerate, but I thought it looked better, overall. Not necessarily the amount of polygons on screen, but the design was much more interesting.

I hope they (IGN) were referring to a new BiA game, but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure we'll get a CoD5 game on DS either way, but I'm not too interested in it.
Yeah, there are some screenshots of CoD5 DS released anyway, a new BiA would be lovely.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Define FPS?

You guys all seem content to claim BiA isn't a shooter. I've got the game, it's a shooter.

I can agree it wasn't the most successful port to the DS, but regardless, it's a shooter.

Thus, there is NO reason to think the sequel can't be for BiA.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Panzer Tacticer said:
Define FPS?
First-Person Shooter, "FPSs are distinguished by a first person perspective, that renders the game world from the visual perspective of the player character"

BiA was an third-person shooter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter