Sound Crackling and Popping

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by clegion, May 16, 2012.

May 16, 2012

Sound Crackling and Popping by clegion at 6:39 PM (446 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. clegion
    OP

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    So I got an issue with the sound coming out from my laptop, after a while the sound will become distorted with cracks and pops and it get way worse after a while, this is not a problem of sound card, since I tried with 2 soundcards and they both have the same problem. accordin to several info I got , it seems that I have what is called a DPC latency problem , so i checked it with latencymon, this is what I got

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    can anyone help me with this?
    edit:
    the problem seems to lie with high kernel latency

2. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    I'm not sure about DPC latency, I don't know much about that. But I had the same problem recently while playing music + playing minecraft + hosting a server. Turns out it was just because my processor couldn't handle it all at once (though the music was the only symptom). Try closing everything else and testing some sound then (while keeping an eye on your processor usage).

3. clegion
    OP

United States
    i kinda did, and the same problem appeared again, I am running an intel i7 on 2.70 ghz there is a huge problem if it can't run one game (TERA online) or even low requirement games such as SDGO without doing anything else

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    It could be the speakers themselves. I had to RMA my last set of desktop speakers because of the same problem.

5. clegion
    OP

United States
    use different speaker and USB headsets as well , the problem still happen , after the computer is on for a certain period of time