Glitchy sounds in Tinfoil

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first start tinfoil, the sound is perfect. However after using the shop for a few hours, the sound starts to get garbled/distorted. I know it isn't my switch because I went to the home menu and the sounds were perfect. All the games have perfect sound as well, just for some reason tinfoil starts having a distorted sound after a while. I tried googling but no one else seems to have this problem.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely your ram is getting filled and that's why it start to sound distorted.
It doesn't affect the scrolling up and down. Just the sound when you press left to right to switch from the left menu to the middle.

When I restart the app the problem disappears.

I am using the installed version of tinfoil and not the photo album version. I thought ram running out was due to running from photo album.

Post automatically merged:

You mean you keep tinfoil open for few hours?
I keep it open pretty much all day.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't affect the scrolling up and down. Just the sound when you press left to right to switch from the left menu to the middle.

When I restart the app the problem disappears.

I am using the installed version of tinfoil and not the photo album version. I thought ram running out was due to running from photo album.

Post automatically merged:

I keep it open pretty much all day.

Might have to do with memory that @linuxares said.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just have to cycle the switch, why you have it on that many hours?
I leave tinfoil on and download a game then go to sleep. Sometimes I will do nothing on my switch but download new games. Restarting the app solves the sound problem.

I don't like to power cycle my switch too much as I don't want the mod chip to break from overuse. It's only tinfoil that has that small problem anyways. Games work amazing and I am already looking to buy a second OLED so I can mod another one.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I leave tinfoil on and download a game then go to sleep. Sometimes I will do nothing on my switch but download new games. Restarting the app solves the sound problem.

I don't like to power cycle my switch too much as I don't want the mod chip to break from overuse. It's only tinfoil that has that small problem anyways. Games work amazing and I am already looking to buy a second OLED so I can mod another one.

No issue with restarting the switch, if your glitch 100% of the time.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When I first start tinfoil, the sound is perfect. However after using the shop for a few hours, the sound starts to get garbled/distorted. I know it isn't my switch because I went to the home menu and the sounds were perfect. All the games have perfect sound as well, just for some reason tinfoil starts having a distorted sound after a while. I tried googling but no one else seems to have this problem.

All People have this problem. Don't worry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work