Nekla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is my acekard 2i fake
i dont understand from the sticky thread, it is confusing
i took off the sticker and it says actel chip so does it mean it is fake?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, the clones can run AKAIO at the moment.

If It has a HWID 4444 or 8181 it's likely to be genuine. HWID 8080 are meant to be clones unless it's an AK2.1.

If it has an Actel chip and came in a plastic blister pack, then it should be fine and is probably just one of the earlier production runs. If Has an Actel and came in a cardboard box and was also a recent purchase, then it's more than likely to be a clone.

All AK2i's should be able to run the 1.4FW update posted by Normmatt even if it is already 1.4, if it can't run that then it's a clone.

Nekla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it came in a small cardboard box with a dsi sticker on top left corner and inside the acekard2i is inside a plastic holder thing

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nekla said:
it came in a small cardboard box with a dsi sticker on top left corner and inside the acekard2i is inside a plastic holder thing
In that case if it was a recent purchase then it's most likely to be a clone, you will be able to confirm it by running the FW update. It should still work in every other respect, but if it were me i'd send it back for a genuine cart on the off chance AKAIO 1.6 won't work with it.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You mean this?

AK2I_AK_2I_Card_Acekard_2I_Card_for_NDSI.jpg

That's what my AK2.1 came in except for the DSi sticker and its most definitely genuine. The only way to tell is with AKAIO 1.6 which isn't released so just wait or HWID numbers.

Nekla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i got the same cardboard box on the picture above^ but the plastic casing is different all i have on my plastic case is the acekard slot and not the bit for the USB stick, it was packaged in the envelope and not inside the box, its the same USB as the one on the picture tho
i asked them to pre-flash for 1.4 for me maybe thats why plastic casing is different and i bought it from hanger.org.uk for £33 quite expensive :S

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nekla said:
yeah i got the same cardboard box on the picture above^ but the plastic casing is different all i have on my plastic case is the acekard slot and not the bit for the USB stick, it was packaged in the envelope and not inside the box, its the same USB as the one on the picture tho
i asked them to pre-flash for 1.4 for me maybe thats why plastic casing is different and i bought it from hanger.org.uk for £33 quite expensive :S
That's how mine came and it runs AKAIO 1.5.1 (the real one, not the cracked version) so as far as I'm concerned it's the real deal.

woffi63

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Guys,

My thought is - it doesn´t matter whether the Card is Fake or not, the main thing is that Akaio runs on it!

The Cards all are produced in China, and this country is known as "Fakecountry"

By the way my AK2.1 comes in the same box as it is shown on the picture above - and Akaio runs on it.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your thought is fine, except for the fact thast it has been intimated clones will be blocked from AKAIO, which would render said carts virtually useless...well, that's a bit mean, but you get my drift.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
woffi63 said:
Hi Guys,

My thought is - it doesn´t matter whether the Card is Fake or not, the main thing is that Akaio runs on it!

The Cards all are produced in China, and this country is known as "Fakecountry"

By the way my AK2.1 comes in the same box as it is shown on the picture above - and Akaio runs on it.

It's not that box - but IF it comes in that box, AND has a chip sticking out from the shell under the sticker - THEN it is presumably fake... for al,osy 100% certainty.

the real ones WITHOUT chip coming out of the cart come in same box (and to rub in, THEY are the real ones)

so yea.

Nekla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my acekard has a bump on it where you can clearly see the rectangular/square chip undernearth the sticker, i removed it and it said actel

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Looking on this website...from one 2 second google search...Your card isn't fake if it has the Actel chip and something about not having a window...so maybe your card is fake? or maybe its from an older batch?...
All the information has already been posted. If it has an Actel chip with a window and came in a plastic blister pack then it's from the old batch and it's fine. If it's recent purchase then it should be in a cardboard box, no window and a blob chip. These newer carts normally have a slight bump in the middle or sometimes a 'dimple' in the middle if you run your finger over the sticker. These carts should have a Chip ID of 0fc2 and a HWID of 8181 (reported as 81 in AKAIO)

The website you've linked has simply copied the information from the Acekard website which has already been posted on here tons of times except they didn't include the pictures which helps it make sense!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
The website you've linked has simply copied the information from the Acekard website which has already been posted on here tons of times, except they didn't include the pictures which helps it make sense!
Really xD? I don't think I've ever visited the Acekard website actually (maybe I will now), but I thought it made sense. Maybe its because I sort of know a little bit about acekards that it makes sense without pictures...Oh well, then I stand by what the acekard users say "If AKAIO works, its legit".

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
tk_saturn said:
The website you've linked has simply copied the information from the Acekard website which has already been posted on here tons of times, except they didn't include the pictures which helps it make sense!
Really xD? I don't think I've ever visited the Acekard website actually (maybe I will now), but I thought it made sense. Maybe its because I sort of know a little bit about acekards that it makes sense without pictures...Oh well, then I stand by what the acekard users say "If AKAIO works, its legit".
You've visitied this site though haven't you? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158696 sticked at the top of this forum, posted by Acekard and is a repeat of what they posted on their website. Which what the website you found copied.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
You've visitied this site though haven't you? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158696 sticked at the top of this forum, posted by Acekard and is a repeat of what they posted on their website. Which what the website you found copied.
Actually, until today I have never looked in that thread (me and my measly R4 original live through life without qualms), but I am most definitely going to take the time to look at it now (since its open xD).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo