who hacked youtube?!
tongue.gif

BenJeremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The key thing here is that besides being simple (which some people prefer), this loader is expanding the functionality.

If the expanded features of this were incorporated with the unnamed "super team" loader, and they made the covers and disc images optional (by way of a skin configuration), then they could probably recreate the look and speed of this loader.

It's only been a couple of weeks... so far we have seen several solid loaders emerge. It's only a matter of time before new features are added, though, and these morph into replacements for the system menu.

Competition is good.

Gamii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BenJeremy said:
The key thing here is that besides being simple (which some people prefer), this loader is expanding the functionality.

If the expanded features of this were incorporated with the unnamed "super team" loader, and they made the covers and disc images optional (by way of a skin configuration), then they could probably recreate the look and speed of this loader.

It's only been a couple of weeks... so far we have seen several solid loaders emerge. It's only a matter of time before new features are added, though, and these morph into replacements for the system menu.

Competition is good.

Competition is good, merging is even better. First someone implement the concept or fills a niche, then alternatives and forks appear. Then the strongest projects survive and sometimes forks back to have common goals. Sometimes forks are merged back when a strong leadership is formed and there is a good planning/management.

This process involves individuals learn how to work in a team, sometimes more difficult than the technical side.

Compiz and Beryl, EGCS and GCC, Linux kernel branches...

There are tons of excellent examples about this on FLOSS community.

Not sure if I'm right or not, but this is how I believe it is after years looking how FLOSS communities behave. I consider it an excellent way of evolving individual ideas into community projects in an organically ecosystem way.

xem1x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW VERSION RELEASED

v0.57:
- added GC booting from DVD. UniiLoader barely start BC. So it's fully relay on what you have for GC mode. I suggest to install WiiGator's custom MIOS since it compatible with multigame GCOS disks and provides good options.
I'm not sure if something wrong with my Wii configuration, but cMIOS rev3 from Waninkoko doesn't work properly. It shows garbage instead name of game. So, that's why i suggest to use WiiGator's MIOS patcher. You have to choose "rungcbackup + Wii Backup Launcher" option while installing WiiGator's MIOS patcher. With drivechip, GC should run fine with standard MIOS.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j012mumg2uh/...Loader.0.57.zip

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's amazing that the GC is there now too!! GREAT JOB!!!

but i hope this isn't true, because then i'll probably wont use this until there's a fix:
BlindDude said:
People are reporting on wiinewz that this is corrupting games on wbfs partitions.

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only way i can see this Messing stuff up could be if the App is Constantly reading and then u Kill the function to move over to the other Say SD .. could be something to do with the way the file system is.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
BlindDude said:
People are reporting on wiinewz that this is corrupting games on wbfs partitions.

Been using this for the past 24 hours.
Some things I have noticed.

With the Ultimate and other loader I used to get freezes for a few seconds in games like FIFA09, PES 09, Bully. Since using this I have had one freeze on FIFA in over 3 hours of gameplay. Bully as well ran for 2 hours without a freeze (not tried PES09 yet). Also noticed that I dont get the stuttering zombie bug in HOTD overkill. With other loaders I was lucky to complete a level before it started. With this one I plsyed till level 3 and no stuttering.

Of course this might have other factors to take into account but this is my main one for now

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i read the wiinewz thread and I don't have a wbsf partition on my sd card, so i guess I don't have to worry about corruption
smile.gif
. Great loader

blackmondo

Trophies
XP
Country
BlindDude said:

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME!!! ARRRGH. The bug seems to go like this - when you're in the game list and hit B, the list starts getting smaller and smaller, until eventually it appears you have nothing on either SD or the HDD.

No offence to Sorg, but I would steer clear of this loader for now. Not only did it corrupt my WBFS drive (I think I have to dump EVERYTHING AGAIN now), but it also nuked my SD Card as well, which had a bunch of USB Loader channels, VC titles. ARGH, this is VERY frustrating.

blackmondo

Trophies
XP
Country
micric100 said:
i read the wiinewz thread and I don't have a wbsf partition on my sd card, so i guess I don't have to worry about corruption
smile.gif
. Great loader

I don't think that's the issue, since my drive got corrupted (AND my SD), and I didn't have a WBFS partition on my SD Card at all.

Sorg seems to think that certain WBFS utilities might be writing to the catalog in such a way that subsequent use of Unii loader is then corrupting the drive, and I think he might be on to something. I have only used WBFS for Mac OS X, and I'm thinking that the percentage of ppl using WBFS for Mac OS X may roughly correlate with the percentage of ppl affected by this bug (which seems smallish).

Anyone else out there who's been corrupted and is ALSO using WBFS Mac OS X?

xbox720

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do NOT use Uniiloader if you don't want to lose Data.

see what happened to me after i used Uniiloader Once:
i swear its truth

i lost all Data on SD card.
i lost 50 games on WBFS drive

i download uniloader. test it on my wii
after i quit back to HBC
there are nothing on my SD card. i test it on PC
it shows my SD card is Unformated

then i check my WBFS hard drive
my WBFS drive seems working BUT... lots of games are missing
i have 100+ games before.
but now. i have only 50 games.
i lost 50+ games on my WBFS drive.

what happened??? where is my missing Game?
i want my game list back.

my system: 4.0U + c.rev 10 + preloader 0.29

rzak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version released:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgnzdjmt21j/...oader.v0.61.zip

v0.61:
- Added supports for FAT partition. FAT partition should be present on the same device as WBFS (if u browse/run from USB drive then one of USB drive partition should be FAT. The same for SD). In other words, device should have at least one WBFS and one FAT partition. FAT partition is not mandatory requirement. UniiLoader will still run without FAT, but some features will be not available.
- just for note: all file names and directories are case insensitive. so, "Covers" and "cOVERS" are the same.
- Cover view support. Requires FAT partition. Theoretically there is no width and height limit for covers. They can be as big as you want if you will place picture with required size. There is no restriction for size alignment. For example: 161x225 will work. Covers should be placed into /Covers/NTSC-U, /Covers/NTSC-J, /Covers/PAL according to game region (not current Wii region!). I've made such division to speedup cover searching
because i like to put all available covers to FAT regardless have i this game or not. It's about 1000+(!) files. Just put all covers i have and forget
- Cheat engine support (aka Ocarina). Requires FAT partition. Cheats should be placed into /Cheats folder. Name should conform following:
ID[_Name].gct
for example for Kororinpa Saga: RK6E18.gct or RK6E18_StopTimer.gct
UniiLoader supports several gct files for 1 game. Particular file can be selected in Game settings of UniiLoader.
- If FAT partition available then settings for each game will be saved into /UniiLoader.ini file instead to game catalog entry. It will preserve settings between reformating and reloading WBFS partition and can be transfered to another Wii by simple copying UniiLoader.ini
- settings for games run from DVD. Requires FAT partition.
- upon starting UniiLoader will wait for USB drive to be ready around 5 seconds regardless presence of SD card. After five seconds, UniiLoader will wait another 25 seconds for either SD or USB. This can solve problem with starting UniiLoader from preloader upon powerup console when both SD (with valid WBFS partition) and USB are plugged. Please note: SD card without WBFS partition will not be visible by UniiLoader and thus will not affect on loading process.
- Full version can be switched to simple mode and locked by password. Requires FAT partition. Mode and password are saved into /UniiLoader.ini.
To switch between modes:
press "home" (Z on GC controller) button to open "Exit" dialog and then press button "1" (X on GC controller).
To switch from Full to Simple mode UniiLoader will ask for a new password 2 times. To switch from Simple to Full mode, UniiLoader will ask for a saved password then will provide choice to unlock permanently or temporary. With temporary switch, next time loader will load into Simple mode. Also, after temporary switch to Full mode, switch back to simple mode will not require new password (last used password will be used).

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got me..

I thought I was safe since I didnt have a wbfs partition and I pressed B a BUNCH going back and fourth between games and dvd boot screen.. It never did anything bad..

UNTIL TODAY.. I figure I would mess around with preloader and boot straight into uniiloader... It worked really good and FAST..
But when I went to pick up the wiimote, I grabbed it and pressed the B button.. It went to a screen that had a shiatload of number and letter all on the left side... Nothing i have seen before.. I think it was the wii system files..

I press B again and it took me to the game list,, WHICH WAS CUT IN HALF.. Aslo corrupted my sd card.. With all kinds of loaders/configs/images... lol oh well my fault there for not backing it ALL up.

Anyway,, be careful with this one... It shouldnt be out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...